main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT First Prequel picture

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Alexrd, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Does anyone remember the first picture/screenshot that was released to the public for each prequel film?

2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Coruscant concept art in Time Magazine was the first I came across. I can't really remember the first actual photo I saw.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Was that from early '98?

4. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'd guess closer to 96. It was early enough to be the first confirmation I found that new Star Wars would be made.

5. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    February 1997 according to this archive of TFN in the old days. There were spy reports and pictures too but I don't know the dates for those. One of the earliest ones was a picture of the landing ramp of the Queen's ship on Tatooine, and another was one of the hovertanks on Naboo. (If I remember right.)

6. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Was it Chang's concept art for the Naboo Starfighter? I remember that ran on the news.

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I remember that page now. Unfortunately there is no archive of it on Wayback Machine... If somebody has those pictures and could upload them, I would appreciate it.

8. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The Coruscant passenger liner at the dock concept art was actually official Return of the Jedi Special Edition concept art, not Episode 1 art. Chiang later commented that it was an unofficial first image for the prequels because it was the same setting as one in Episode One, etc. But that specific piece was created for the ROTJ SE ending celebration(which shows the liner all too briefly docked at the landing bay in the background).

9. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    I'm pretty sure the first image I remember seeing was a blurry photo of maul in the Naboo hanger.

Thought the first AOTC photo I remember was Jango with the umbrella. Which confused the hell out of me.

10. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Can't say I can remember what it was for the first two. But for revenge of the Sith, I remember the promo of Anakin's cape forming Vader.

11. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    The first "official" movie photo I remember seeing for Episode 1, as opposed to "back stage" photos or leaked ones, was this one: [​IMG]
    I remember thinking "awesome"

12. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i didn't find out about the prequels until my dad showed me a trailer for them. to this day we still use Palpatine's line "wipe them out...All of them" line.

13. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
  14. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    that Anakin pic was the first one I saw too from the PT

from Star Wars uk magazine