main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It might have just been me, but Heaven/Hell looks a lot like Earth. :p

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I've never seen Doctor Who, though I keep hearing good things about it. There aren't really any British shows off the top of my head that I recall watching aside from Extras. I know my dad jumped to watching the British version of Being Human after initially watching the American version with Sam Witwer. And my brother watched the British version of the Office but told me he liked the American version better, though I don't even care for the American version, so I never bothered watching it.

Extras was hilarious though :p

I'm "behind" on shows that everyone keeps urging me to watch, like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Boardwalk Empire. Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are like the big two that I follow. TCW is like the only other show I make a note to record and never miss an episode of. Though the other two shows are in a completely different ball park and TCW is something I'd probably end up watching no matter how good/bad it is, just because it's Star Wars and I'd be optimistic for it to get better, while if Walking Dead went downhill, I'd probably stop watching it. I gave up on Eureka, Fringe, and True Blood when I hit a string of episodes I didn't enjoy. I enjoy Supernatural, though currently I feel like it's just spinning its wheels and not really going anywhere.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm endlessly behind on shows as well. I've been watching 'Walking Dead' slowly lately. Pretty cool show. I really liked that theme at Halloween Horror Nights this year at universal. That was awesome.

I spilled a coke on the carpet in my room and am having a hard time getting the stain out. Worse my Kindle was in the floor but luckly it seems to be working fine. Would have sucked since I only just got the new one.

Am also watching the South Park Chistmas collection on Netflix. Now this brings out my spirit. "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson" is still one of my favorites. xD

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    If you have Netflix, then I would highly recommend Doctor Who. It is really quite brilliant, the writing is phenomenal (watch out for Steven Moffat, he's the best). Sherlock is also on Netflix, and in my personal opinion it completely crushes the Robert Downey, Jr. versions. Homeland is phenomenal as well.

Doctor Who Series/Season 3 Trailer:

Homeland Season 1 Trailer:

Sherlock Trailer:

Homeland Season 2 Trailer:

Doctor Who Episode Blink Trailer:

QuangoFett and Senator Kelberry like this.
  5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    TaradosGon I also have been meaning to give Game of Thrones a shot and haven't gotten around to it.

6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Get on to that Tarkas, the show is perhaps the best show I've ever watched in terms of writing, action, political intrigue, production values and, of course, entertainment. It really helps they're based upon a brilliant series of epic novels. I cannot recommend it enough, especially considering the season beginning in March (S3) will be one of the series' finest.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really want this. I know I shouldn't, but I really do...

8. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Me too, me too.
    Have you seen this yet?

A lot of cool sneak peeks.

9. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Daenerys does have some nice eggs.

I've read the first book and I'm in the middle of the second. I hope to at least get as far as the end of A Clash of Kings before I start watching the series.

Oh, and Stephen Moffat FTW! Mark Gatiss too. Dudes are the reason why I wasted space on my phone with the BBC iPlayer app. :p

10. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    And that Game of Thrones set is now $39.99...

11. quigonobi3

quigonobi3 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 5, 2012
    I am also into old series like Thunderbirds,Captain Scarlet and Stingray they were my favs when i was a child and i still love watching the old episodes when they come up,also i loved Buck Rogers in the 25th Century i have the box set of the first(and best) series,i do like Doctor Who i used to watch it quite regularly in the late sixties to the early eighties although i am not a Doctor Who Anorak !!

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmm... I dunno, that's alot of stuff. Can I bribe you into watching something if I take one of these recommendations? =b

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sherlock's not a lot of stuff, it's 6 episodes so far. Over a course of 3 years, too. :p

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Shush... that's not helpful to me trying to bribe Akash.

15. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Sherlock alone won't count for a bribe Seerow, as Todd the Jedi says, there's not a lot yet. What would the bribe be?

16. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Bribery? From a mod no less?! :eek:

CORRUPTION!!! :eek:

QuangoFett and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    OMG ONOZ!

AkashKedavra_93, what TV show could I watch that would work as a bribe for you?

18. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011

Sherlock + Doctor Who or Homeland

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93 Ok... I'll trade Sherlock + ??? of your choice. For the this anime:

LordMortis315 likes this.
  20. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Seerow: Oh, don't make me pick between Homeland and Doctor Who, I love them quite a bit. See which one rings more interesting to you, and we have a deal!

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  22. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Anything really. I'm starting to get worried if you have anything resembling a social life. you haven't watched half the shows people talk about here, you need to be bribed to watch certain shows, and you are constantly at work.

23. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Happy Festivus, people!
    [​IMG]

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Let us commence with the Airing of Grievances, followed by the Feats of Strength. LACWAC Festivus isn't over until you pin me, Jack.

fistofan1, JackG and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Oh, I'm definitely liking where this is going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.