main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Flash 13/JLA 10- Uhh... what just happened? (Major, earth shattering spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by GavinStrife, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Did DC just kill off Bart just so they could bring back Wally in the EXACT same week? Or am I missing something.

Anybody have any thoughts? I guess they're trying to cover for their screw-ups in bringing Bart back instead of Wally in the first place...

2. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I don't know, but I think Bart is alive is in the future.

I hope all flash with make sense of this.

3. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    I've heard speculation that the events happened at the EXACT same time... thats why Bart couldn't feel the Speed Force to heal himself. It would make sense, since the SF was being used to pull Wally out... This isn't going to make the Monitors happy though. Yet another guy who is supposed to be dead wandering around, lol

4. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    It's not really as big a deal as some are making it out to be, since Bart could theoretically return at any time, what with all the future travel. But I'm glad Wally is back and back in the JLA, now it's really starting to feel like the JLA again. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and now the Flash...good stuff.

5. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I think that it's clear that Detective Chimp is now senior editor at DC.

6. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Come on. If that were to happen we'd have a new Ape-crossover like that one time. JLApe anyone?

And everything would be awesome. He is the worlds greatest detective after all.

IN GRODD WE TRUST

7. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    That would be interesting if Bart dying and Wally coming back happened instantaneoulsy. I know most people believe Wally came back after Bart's death though.

And how could he just come back? Yes, he is from the future. But he was a kid in the future- if he were to come back to the past, wouldn't he still be like...three? And then he'd have to grow up again.

I admit that the one thing going through my head during that issue was "oh, Timmy", not anything having to do with Bart...

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think Bart was killed so that Wally's situation would be different upon his return. He will feel responsible for Bart's death, while he stayed away to be with his family. And he will now have a reason to go after all the Rogues and bring them to justice. The Trickster and Pied Piper, meanwhile, will realize that with Wally back, they're really going to be in trouble.

[image=http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Countdown/CountingDown/Villainsdefiant.jpg]

This might be what that's all about.

9. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    I think that it's going to be more Piper and Trickster getting revenge on the Rogues for what they did.

10. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The intent was that Bart would die at the same time Wally returned home. So that the two issues would come out in short order, so we could see a unified and concurrent continuity.

11. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    I've heard theories that Bart isn't dead, that the Legion took him with them to the future. Brainiac-5 said that they got "who" they were looking for, and if you flip to the back of Brave and the Bold 4 and look at the page that shows the Legion, you can see a guy in the middle that looks suspiciously like Bart...

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, Waid is writing that book...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.