main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fleeting Moments (Skywalkers/Solos) Update 04/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmeraldJediFire, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Daww. So cute. Ben is Luke's kryptonite.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Luke is a softie & (according to strong repute) ;) a hottie... [face_laugh] So, Mara is lucky; because she has him wrapped totally. [face_love] I think she intimidates him, just a bit [face_laugh] And ... [face_shhh] I think Leia can be intimidating in just that DA in the courtroom kinda way. 8-} @};-

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Aww!!! These are all so cute. :)

4. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    *smiles* While I don't think Luke's entirely spineless...(that's not how I see him) I do see him as the parent that would crack under pressure more if his child started to cry.

Title: Don't Rock the Cradle
    Notes: This is combination of Luke & Ben fluff..with a dash of Mara added in. This is the 7th entry into this thread...there will be thirteen more (that's what i have written so far).

Mara entered her apartment with her friends following behind: Leia, Winter, Iela, Mirax, and Tionne. They were laughing and talking animatedly until they entered the living area of apartment. The women fell silent, taking in the scene before them.

"Well, would you look at that." Iela breathed.

Mara's husband, Luke lay on the couch with his young son resting atop him asleep. Luke's chest rose and fell signifying that the Jedi Master was taking a nap as well. His hand was rest protectively on Ben's back, his other resting behind his own head. He had one leg drawn up while the other laid out straight. Luke was wearing a standard grey tunic and tan trousers. His feet were clad with dark grey socks, one of the feet hanging slightly off the couch.

"Isn't that the most precious thing you've ever seen?" Winter added.

Mirax nodded. "It is a sight."

The three-year old, himself, was lying on his stomach, his legs rest resting against his father's. He wore black shorts and green shirt. He was wearing socks similar to Luke's. In his mouth, was a solitary thumb, which Ben was unconsciously sucking on. His cheek resting on Luke's chest, his red-haired head tucked under his father's chin. His lashes were fanned delicately against his cheeks.

"I wish I had a holo-cam." Leia mumbled.

"It is something to be documented." Tionne agreed.

The one woman who hadn't spoken was Mara.

Leia glanced at her sister-in-law. "Mara?"

Mara stood silent, a peaceful look on her face. Her arms crossed gently over her chest, staring with wonder at the sight, soaking it in.

"Oh, Farmboy…Ben..."

Her boys made her heart practically melt.

mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That's such a cute scene!

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Aw! Such a cute father-son moment!

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    That is very sweet. [face_love] There is nothing like a father with his child. I love how Mara had to take the moment in. I imagine moments like that sneak up on her and remind her of all that she has in her life.

8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    ginchy, Jedi_Lover, Briannakin

Thank you, I do find it very sweet as well...the main reason why I write it is because I wanted to go awwwww

Young Ben hovered over his father's sleeping form. Luke was laid out on his back on the living area couch. The little boy stretched out his anxious hands…

"Ben Skywalker, don't you dare." His mother reprimanded him.

The four-year old turned around to gauge his mother with wide eyes.

"Don't give me that look." Mara talked over from the place she'd been sitting and plucked him up. "You're daddy's been working very hard at the Temple, he's been pulling late-nighters…" Like a giant idiot. "…and he needs his rest." Thought it would serve him right if I let Ben wake him up. "So, I don't want you to wake him up. I want you to go play with your toys…"

She put the boy down and gave his butt a little swat. "Go."

Ben glanced back at his mother with a little silly smile.

"Go on…" She flicked her hand then picked up her datapad. "I've got to finish this report that your highly intelligent father couldn't." The sarcasm went over Ben's head.

Mara walked off to sit at the small writing desk and immediately got back to work. She was trying to be as quiet as possible. This might not be known to most people, but Luke was a royal pain when woken up from a nap. Almost like a child. "Would serve him right." She muttered out loud, chewing on her stylist.

"Mama."

"Ben, play with your toys, sweetie."

"All right…"

Mara sighed, relieved the boy hadn't fought her on this.
    Ben Skywalker, however, was doing no such thing. He'd already made it halfway across the living area on his hands and knees. He rounded the corner of the couch and popped his red-head up to examine his father. He frowned and gently got onto the sofa next to Luke. When his daddy still hadn't awoken Ben leaned over him and put his thumbs to Luke's eyelids, prying them open.

"Daddy, are you awake?" Ben asked innocently.

Blue, sleep-drugged orbs stared back at him.

"I am now…" Luke responded hoarsely, eyes still blurry.

Ben grinned.

"Ben Skywalker."
    This is actually inspired by true life events. I did this once to my mother.

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Very cute. I've think we've all done that. I remember doing it to my father.

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I wouldn't let my mom even think of falling asleep when i was little. She'd go 'i'm not asleep, i just have my eyes closed' and i'd say 'if you're not asleep then open your eyes.'

Anyway, really cute!

11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My son would come into my room at sunrise and say, "Mommy, the suns up. Time to get up.". I'm like, "Not on a Saturday, it isn't.". But now I get my revenge. Teenagers love to sleep in and don't like me dragging them out of bed before sunrise for school. Ha!

Nice chapter!

12. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    So, its all consensus that this is not a singular phenomenon...;)[face_laugh]:D

Thank you all for reading my stuff: Jedi_Lover, Hazel, Briannakin

Note: Some Skywalker family fluff all for you guys. This is one of my favorite 2 part one-shots.
    Little Ben Skywalker stepped out of the doorway of his home; an apartmentcomplex on Coruscant that was easily one hundred stories high. He lived on the fifty sixth floor with his parents, Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker. Something cold hit the little boy's cheek and he shivered slightly then turned his face up toward the graying sky.

"Snow!" He chirped and reached his hands up to touch the falling flakes.

Mara stepped outside, her stylish brown boots crunching onto the thin vale of snow that covered the ground. She was followed by her husband who tightened up his own clothing around him in order to shut out the chill. Farmboys were terrible with cold. Mara smirked upon seeing this.

Ben turned to his mother and said, "Mama, look! Snow!"

He let the cold wet flakes fall onto his bare palms. The boy could clench his fist trying to hold the snow, but every time he did the flake would disappear into water. He frowned, unable to understand why his snow didn't stay.

Upon seeing the snow at his feet, he lunged and scooped up to handfuls. "Snow!" He beamed and turned to his parents with a large toothy grin.

Luke smiled down upon him then laid a heavy gloved hand on his son's red head. "That's right, Ben, snow."

"Ben, honey !" Mara exclaimed and bent down to gently brush the snow out of his hands. Ben stared at his palms confused by his missing snow. His mother then began to secure his mittens about his hands. "Here, Baby, you need to keep your hands toasty."

"Mara, its just snow." Luke reminded.

"He'll freeze." Mara whispered. "There, Baby," She smoothed his cheek. "Toasty warm."

Once Ben's mitts were snug on his hand, his wife pulled out a cap from her volumous jacket pocket and began to fit it over his head. She made sure it fit securely and covered his small ears. She then went on to re-secure his jacket, pulling the zipper back up and buttoned the top button as well.

The little boy shuffled, uncomfortable.

"Sorry, but Mama needs to make sure you're warm and don't get sick, okay?"

Mara took boy's head between her hands and kissed his forehead. Ben giggled. "Tickles!"

"Oh really?" Mara eyebrow raised.

Ben's blue eyes sparkled and he reached up to touch his mother face, playing with a strand of red-gold hair before working to get his mother's ear muffs on over her ears.

"Mama, toasty?" He asked, hands still over the ear muffs.

"Yes, Ben. Mama's very warm. Thank you."

She went through the motions checking her own garments; making sure her long tan coat was buttoned up. She examined her leather-gloved hands, showing them to her son, and smiled. The last piece of item she tightened was a green muffler around her neck before she got up once more to her feet, dusting the snow of her black pants.

"There! Mama's all ready for the cold." She stretched out her arms in emphasis.

"Yes." Ben resounded and grabbed his mother's gloved left hand. "Snow!" He pointed to the piling white stuff.

Mara closed her hand protectively over Ben's and looked back at her husband. "Ready, Daddy?"

Luke was standing the doorway, bereft of snow. He smiled and stepped down off the stoop after he tightened his heavy robes once more. His black boots glistened under the melting snow. He pulled his own grey scarf tighter around his neck, making sure his ears were covered before taking hold of his son's hand. Ben's hand became engulfed by his father's much larger one.

"Ready, Mama."

"Snow!" Ben hollered.

His parents laughed lightly at his youthful excitement, their eyes locking lovingly upon their son.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ben's hand became engulfed by his father's much larger one.

Wow. I love that image.

Such a beautiful family moment.

EmeraldJediFire likes this.
  14. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Thank you! The next one I'm sure you'll like to!

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh, this was so sweet! :) :*

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, Emerald, that was sweet! Thanks for sharing & mommy!Mara is particularly delightful. @};-

EmeraldJediFire likes this.
  17. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Isn't she? I love Mara as a mom, which I dont explore too often in my one shots for some reason. I guess I like the father son dynamic alot.

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Briannakin, Hazel, Jade_eyes

Notes: More snow, more Ben, more Skywalker. More maternal Mara.

(mutters) I'm going to kick myself for referring back to Episode I.
    Ben stood in the garden, his boots up to his ankles in snow. He tromped through the snow joyfully, squealing every time he smashed down a mound of snow.

"Ben." His mother called out.

"Mara, it's just..."

"If you say it's just snow one more time, I'm going to deck you, Luke Skywalker."

Luke raised his hands in surrender.

He stepped closer to his wife. "How can you begrudge him that though? He's enjoying himself, Mara. Look at him."

Mara nodded, watching the happy expression spread over the child's face. "He does look like he's having fun." She agreed.
    "But it's cold out here, Luke, he could-."

Luke put a finger to her lips.

"Not so much. It's gotten sunnier."

"I just don't want him to get sick, he hates it. He's so miserable when he's sick and I feel so utterly helpless."

"Mara, that's perfectly natural. I've felt that way before too. But it's something that's going to happen. Children get sick. People get sick. Why stop his fun on whether he might or might not get sick. He's got his gloves on now and you bundled him up real well, Dearest." He brought her close to him and nuzzled her hair.

"I suppose you're right." She flashed him a devastating smile.

Mara turned back to her son in time to see him flop backwards in the snow. "Oh!" She exclaimed, thinking the child had lost his balance.

She took off quickly toward her fallen child, expecting to find him red-faced and tearful. Instead the sight that she came upon was quite unsual. Ben was laying in the snow, grinning, and waving his arms and legs up and down, causing the snow around him to clear away.

"Ben, what on earth are you doing, Baby?" Mara inquired.

"Angel, Mama."

"What?" Mara looked perplexed.

"He's making a snow angel." Luke informed, stepping up to her right side. "Legend has it…angels reside on the moons of Iego."

She stared at her husband, baffled. "Really, Skywalker? Don't tell me you actually believe in that sort of stuff." She slid a glance at Ben and dropped her voice to a whisper, "Angels don't exist. I expect this from Ben; he's a child, but you."

"Who's to say they don't exist?" Luke countered softly. "Have you even seen one?"

She frowned. "No…" Mara grudgingly admitted.

"Mama!" Ben had sat up and scrambled to his feet. He was running toward her and now latched on to her hand. "Mama, Angel." The boy chirped.

Luke grinned. "I think he wants you to make a snow angel with him. Right, Ben?"

Ben shook his head furiously.

"No." He said emphatically.

His father looked confused. "What then, Ben?"

"Mama-Angel."

Her son's words struck her. Ben saw his mother as an angel he'd only heard about in tales.

"Mama-Angel?" He sounded worried when his "mama" hadn't responded.

"Oh, Baby." Mara's eyes softened, sparkling with a hint of tears. "Thank you." She bent down and scooped her child up into her arms, holding him close.

"He's right, you know." Luke spoke from behind.

He watched as his wife turned, her red-gold hair casting a shining sun-induced halo around her head. She was gorgeous.
    Even more so when she was holding their child.

"Angels do exist, Mara." Luke stepped forward and raised a hand to his wife's cheek. "Ben's Mama is an Angel."

"Skywalker…" She groaned softly. "Coming from Ben it's sweet, from you..."

"What?"

"It's beautiful."

She leaned in to kiss to her husband.

"Thank you, Farmboy." Mara dipped her chin to look at their son. "Thank you, Baby." She hugged him closer to her as Luke pulled her to him in a warm embrace. "What would I do without you two?" She murmured.

mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Dawwww!!!! Sweetness [face_love]

Love it! [:D]

20. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    I've read the last couple posts and each time they've had me .. 'Awwwwwwwwwwwwww'!
    These little snippets are simply adorable![face_love]
    Made my day happier just by reading! :D Cheers!

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    So sweet. much less corny than how 'angel' was used in ep I.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Squee! Squee! Yes, definitely worthy of a squee! and a huggles! Because they're both right. :) :)

23. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Big thanks to all my readers Jade_eyes, Hazel, Briannakin, mayo_durron_666

I'm so glad I'm able to bring light to your day--and spread such happiness to all of you. It makes me all happy and light! la la la lol

Title: The Rock Star Life

Note This piece was done at the request of Fetkatt (Blackfish). Ben and his rock-star like sleeping habits lol Any reference to the word rock star are coined from Fetkatt's own fics.
    Mara Jade Skywalker pounded on the door of her teenage son. "Blast it, Ben, wake up!"

She looked at the kitchen chrono: 01200.

"Just because you don't have class today is no reason to sleep in till now. Wake up."

When she didn't hear a response coming from the room, she pressed the button but found the door locked. That little brat had locked her out; he'd changed the code to his room! She knew she shouldn't have let Luke have it installed.

A teenager didn't need a locking mechanism on his bedroom door!

She tried over-riding the code.

ACCESS DENIED.

Mara gritted her teeth, furious with the turn of events.

"BEN SKYWALKER, OPEN THIS CURSED DOOR BEFORE I BLOW IT DOWN!"

If it wasn't her early bird husband waking her up at the crack of dawn, she had to deal with her night owl son and his rock-star type sleeping habits.
    And the boy wasn't even a musician! He shouldn't have to sleep until noon, his life wasn't that stressful. If anything she should get to stay in bed until noon!

But regardless how much Mara wished it, she always got up early on off days.

Even stranger Luke would sleep in later—but he always got up before nine.

Not his son, however. Ben thought it was acceptable to sleep in until Mustafar froze over just because he didn't have training.

Wrong!

That was it!

Mara stormed back into her room and snatched her lightsaber off the dresser. She then strode back out into the living room, crossing over to her son's door. She glimpsed her husband just as she had her thumb over the button, preparing to jam it into the door. Luke opened his mouth just as the door slid open.

"What?" Ben mumbled, rubbing sleep from his eyes. "Trying to sleep here, Mom." He scratched his back. "Can you keep it down?"

Mara started to grind her teeth.

"Mara." Luke stepped in between his wife and their offspring.

Ben was obviously too sleep-drugged to realize his mother held a lightsaber in hand. Luke looked back at his son. "Ben, go back in your room and get dressed."

Ben frowned. "But I don't have…"

"Just go."

"A'right. Stingy." He mumbled and retreated into his room.

Luke waited for the door to shut before turning back to face his wife. His eyes dropped to the lightsaber—unlit.

"Really, Mara?"

She thrust the saber over his shoulder, jabbing it in Ben's direction. "That…boy of yours engaged his locks—on me! His own mother!"

He cautiously reached out and put a hand on his wife's wrist, gentling urging her to lower her arm.

"I don't think ramming a lightsaber through his door is going to help the matter."

"Might make him think twice about sleeping in and locking me out." She grumbled.

"Is that what this is about?"

"He's worse than you." Mara muttered. "If it's not your crazy-ass hours I have to put up with, its his. Why can't the men in my life simply have normal sleeping hours?"

"Mara, you just used normal to describe this family. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?"

She shot him a furious glare.

"Thin ice, Skywalker." Mara warned.

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Mara needs to get herself some patience. ;)

25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Mayhap. But its Mara's way.