main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends For Better or Worse [J/TK, J/Z, T/OC and More!] Author Note (9/8) Sequel Up soon!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Yay! *Dances about in joy*

2. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    YAY! [face_dancing]

Looking forward to it! :)

3. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    Awesomeness. Hoorah!
    I'm going to add you on Myspace ...

4. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

Emerald_Lady -I love how Tahiri found out about Jaina's engagement. I bet Miko's going to flip. In a good way.

Miko's three, he doesn't even understand the concept of marriage yet really. However, han's reaction should be priceless. ;)

ZebulaNebula -Wow ... Miko sure sounds like me at that age, always on the go

he is a little bundle of energy.

Loved Ryker's making up .... and how Tahiri tried to shut him out. Him recognizing that she can take care of himself was a bit late ... he probably should've gotten that after she kicked butt six ways from Tuesday in that fight.

At least Ryker wised up quickly. Tahiri would have killed him otherwise.

I just hope Leia doesn't get too much say on Jaina and Zekk's wedding.

Expect Leia to take control of everything she can. ;)

ccp - thanks!!

Fireyforce -Loved it Rose! Ryker to too dang cute. As for the next installment I'd say it's entirely up to you. Personally I'd love one, but I know how draining writing these can be and this particular story has been going on for how long now? I suppose my vote is for the next installment if you think you can write it without going insane

Thanks, I just can't get ryker out of my system. I don't think i'll ever be done with him. And i don't think he'll ever be done with me. Which is why i can't stop.

Courtney_Solo -HOLY KRIFF! I nearly forgot to remark on this chappie!
    I loved it! I love Tahiri/Ryker and Jaina/Zekk were pretty dang awesome as well.

Thanks, after the turmoil i put them through, they need a little fun in their lives.

Handmaiden_Azul -Whatever you can handle. But I've grown attached to Ryker.

so have thats the problem with Ryker, he's get too you. [face_laugh]

RK_Striker_JK_5-Aww. I hope they work it out. Tahiri and Ryker are so cute together

and they are trying too, which is half the battle.

Jedi-Ant-Aww... what a cute image I'm so glad Ryker decided to fight for her!

I couldn't let this story end with them mad at each other again. Ya'll would kill me.

Aww... he apologized, and that must have been so hard for Ryker - he's not exactly the apologizing type But I'm Tahiri can see she made a mistake, too

But good on her for standing her ground Gotta show him who's boss!

It is hard for ryker. He doesn't do apologies, and he doesn't do flowers. He's used to people doing what he wants them to do, especially women. Why should he have to work hard at them?

Sweet timing, Jaina and Zekk! Just when we were getting to the mushy-mushy.

I couldn't be too mushy, it makes for hard writing.

Ryker has the best lines!

I write them just for him. ;)

CassaSoloDaughterOfA - I'm the lurker you could never coax out of hiding.

YAY delurk happy dance [face_dancing]

Ryker is one of the best OC's that I've ever read,
    It would be a shame to see him go, and I'd love more of him.
    He's well crafted and played as well as a regular novel character.
    In fact, he's the only one other than Anakin that I approve with Tahiri.

you know alot of people tell me that. :) He's got to be my favorite character to write (doesn't hurt that he's mine). He's just so expressive. [face_blush]

5. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    The End arrives!! Better late than never right?

Post Fifty

Life managed to go back to normal after that. Miko had gone back with Tahiri to the Jed Temple at the end of the week. Ryker and Jaina finally settled on a new female recruit from Eclipse. She didn?t shoot as well as some of the others, but she had a tenacity that Jaina and Ryker admired. They assembled once more at the twin?s third birthday party at the Imperial Palace on Hapes.

Astria, Aolani, Miko and several other children of nobility or Jedi nature were running around the gardens of the Imperial Palace playing hide and seek with Anora. The nobility had gathered themselves in the waiting chambers of the palace and Tenel Ka had servants watching them like hawks. That left everyone else to sit out on the first floor balcony to watch the children and relax. Zekk was slouched in a chair facing Jacen, with Jaina perched on the arm of the chair sipping lemonade. Tenel Ka sat on the couch next to Leia discussing matters of state. Luke, Han, Mara and Prince Isolder were standing around discussing blasters and better firing techniques. Tahiri watched them interact with each other seamlessly like they had all known each other for years and nothing had ever happened between them. Tahiri felt a bit like an outsider. It was still hard to be there without Anakin there to talk to. Tahiri felt a sharp nudge in her shoulder and turned to see a grinning Jaina behind her.

?How is everything?? Jaina asked, handing her a glass of lemonade.

?Good, simple easy life, teaching the younglings.? Tahiri smiled, taking a sip of her lemonade. Jaina grinned at her like a four-year old who had been caught doing something wrong.

?You meant to ask 'how you and Ryker doing?' ? Tahiri teased her. ?And you would know better than I would. I haven?t seen him in two weeks. You?ve had him working everyday.? Tahiri frowned at her.

?Sorry about that,? Jaina gave her a sheepish shrug. ?I promise to release him soon.?

?When are you going to tell everyone the good news?? Tahiri whispered to her, mockingly.

?I guess now is as good of time as ever.? She whispered back. Jaina walked around Tahiri leaned over and whispered something into Zekk?s ear and then began tapping on her glass of lemonade. Once she had everyone?s attention, she coughed loudly, ?I have an announcement, as you all may have guessed.?

?That is a fact,? Tenel Ka said, causing Jaina to chuckle a little. She continued. "Anyways, Zekk and I are engaged,? she said, waiting for the response from her family.

Leia was the first to react clapping her hands excitedly, ?I always knew you would. Oh Han, isn?t this great? I think a spring wedding would be great. That gives us about seven to eight months to prepare.? She said giddly, as Han sat there arms crossed and trying not to scowl. Although it was hard to tell what he was more bothered by: his daughter getting married or his wife dragging him through wedding preparations. Jacen shook his future brother-in-laws hand, and smiled at him. ?I saw this coming.?

Zekk laughed, ?You always did have the best future sense of anyways in the academy.?

Jacen chuckled and cast a nodding look at his wife. Tenel Ka coughed to get the rooms attention, which wasn?t hard to do. When Tenel Ka wanted attention she didn?t have a hard time commanding a room. ?We also have a secret to share.? She said matter of factly. Jaina furrowed her eyebrows at her brother, almost as if she was amazed he would keep a secret from her.

?We are pregnant, ?Jacen finally said after letting the anticipation build.

?Again?? Jaina exclaimed before she thought about what she was saying. The room paused for a moment before breaking into laughter. ?Not that I?m not excited about it,? Jaina stammered, trying to explain. ?It?s just so soon after the twins were born.?

?You can blame your brother for that,? Tenel Ka stated, and the room broke into laughter again.

Leia squealed again excitedly, ?A wedding and a baby!? Tahiri could see Han slouchi

6. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Awesome. J/TK having a little boy sounds adorable. Leia seems to have co-opted the wedding ... oh well ... at least she'll probably do a good job.

As for the next installment, I'd like to see some more Skywalker family history ... a couple of Naboo chapters ... and Tahiri & Ryker's wedding.

7. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    It's finally over? When did you ask me to beta this story again? :p

Woohoo! I like Miko the most, personally. Or maybe Han. Or Ryker. I don't know. *grins*

Next chapter? Wherever you're willing to take us, madam. I'll tell you over AIM. ;)

KT

8. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great ending.

I like how it all worked out.

9. DarthJaded

DarthJaded Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2006
    OMG, that was such cute ending...I mean beginning for the next installment. [face_love] =D= :D

Let`s start with the last post I was too lazy to respond to [face_blush] :p I loved Tahiri and Ryker getting together and the imagery was sooooo much fun. I can picture Ryker having an almost John Cusack boombox-over-his-head moment but still be sort of dignified. ;) Also Jaina and Zekk are so meant for each other at least the way you write them. It`s L-O-V-E.[face_love]

Ryker Tamblin stood there in his rumpled flight-suit looking like he hadn?t slept in three days, a bouquet of yellow lyrises in his hand. Tahiri scanned him up and down for a second, not moving out of the doorway to let him in.

?Jaina?s out with Zekk, come back tomorrow,? she told him, before pounding the door panel again. Tahiri pivoted on her heel, as the door slide shut behind her. She chuckled slight wondering what Ryker?s face looked like behind the door.
    Just as Ryker went in for another kiss, there was a loud bang, the door slid open, and Zekk and Jaina fell backwards onto Jaina?s living room carpet. Tahiri and Ryker sat there in shock at them for a moment. Jaina and Zekk looked up at them from the floor and burst into laughter.

?We?re such a mess,? Jaina said pushing Zekk off her and getting up off the floor. Tahiri scrambled off the couch to her friend.

?Jaina, you?re soaking wet,? Tahiri stated, grabbing towels out of Jaina?s closet and tossing them to Jaina and Zekk.

Ryker raised an eyebrow at them, ?Do I even want to know??

Jaina toweled off her sopping wet hair and looked at Zekk, who gave her a curt nod. ?We?re engaged!? she said after a moment. Tahiri squealed with joy as Jaina held out the ring for her to see.

I love Mara`s comment ?You know, tag isn?t easy the older you getI bet it it`s true.[face_grin]

I would definetly like some more Ryker/Tahri interaction and Zekk and Jaina`s wedding, of course. However, I`m willing to read whatever you come up with. PM me when you start, please.

D.JO:) :-B

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Aww... this is awesome! A wedding and a new baby. I like this, Rose! :D

And I wanna see Tenel Ka pregnant in the next one. Oh, and some cute mush too. And... I just wanna see more, actually.

11. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Aww, that was great!

C @};- S

12. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    A nice way to end such a great story. WEll worth the wait. As fro ideas for the next story, I suggest either A) A Droid uprising, as it's painfully obvious that most of 'em are sentient, B) A Die Hard-esque terrorist situation with Ryker stuck in the middle of it (gotta have a non-force sensitive type be stuck in the situation for it to work) or C) The Borg sue the Killicks for copyright infringement. On second thought, just ignore option C. Here's to a successful finish and to more in the future.

13. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Aww, that was a really sweet ending. [face_love] I'm glad Tahiri's finally found a family, and that everyone's happy together. Thanks for sharing this! :D

14. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Yay! So glad there's a new post!! [face_dancing]

Sad that it's the last one, but at least we get a sequel, which is awesome! :D Please PM me when you get the sequel posted. I don't want to miss it.

Tahiri felt a bit like an outsider. It was still hard to be there without Anakin there to talk to.

Yeah. :(

But.. at least she's got Ryker now to keep her warm at night ;)

?You meant to ask 'how you and Ryker doing?' ? Tahiri teased her. ?And you would know better than I would. I haven?t seen him in two weeks. You?ve had him working everyday.? Tahiri frowned at her.

*curses Jaina for working the poor boy too hard*

:p

?Sorry about that,? Jaina gave her a sheepish shrug. ?I promise to release him soon.?

I hope so. Tahiri and Ryker need to go on a few dates before they get married ;)

Leia was the first to react clapping her hands excitedly, ?I always knew you would. Oh Han, isn?t this great? I think a spring wedding would be great. That gives us about seven to eight months to prepare.? She said giddly, as Han sat there arms crossed and trying not to scowl.

Oh, sounds like Leia's going to plan a big, Aldeeranian (*can't spell, and too lazy to look up) wedding ceremony! I can't wait to read this!! :D

Although it was hard to tell what he was more bothered by: his daughter getting married or his wife dragging him through wedding preparations.

I can imagine :p I'm going through the whole "wedding preparation" thing right now, and I know my dad just loathes it whenever I talk about the dress, and the shoes, and the floral arrangements, and the cake.. 8-} It's really not a man thing, but I insist that he stays involved with the whole process.

?We are pregnant, ?Jacen finally said after letting the anticipation build.

?Again?? Jaina exclaimed before she thought about what she was saying.

LOL! [face_laugh] Jaina is hilarious!!

?You can blame your brother for that,? Tenel Ka stated, and the room broke into laughter again.

*snorts*

It takes two to tango.. ;)

Leia squealed again excitedly, ?A wedding and a baby!? Tahiri could see Han slouching down in his chair feeling much older than he looked.

Oh, Leia's having a field day with all this happy news!! :D It's so great to see the family all together and laughing and smiling. They don't get much other than angst in profic, so it's great to see it here. :)

?And we haven?t told the twins yet. We'll tell them soon enough, but it?s their birthday so we're trying to let them enjoy it.?

That's a smart move.

Tahiri felt really blessed to have managed her way into this family. They were the family she had always wanted, and had always had. And she knew that whatever happened next, they would survive it, and so would she.

Aww.. [face_love] What a sweet, wonderful line to finish with. Just great!! :D

Thank you for sharing this with us, Rose, it's been a wondeful journey (even if I only jumped on during the home stretch). =D= [face_peace]

Now taking suggestions for what you'd like to see in the next installment!

Um, a Tahiri/Ryker wedding, and possibly a little Rykiri baby [face_love]

Looking forward to the sequel! :D

Ant. ]-}

15. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

just kicking up. I'd still love any another suggestions you have for the next installement. I'm thinking something darker, But you know i probably can't do that.

16. DarthJaded

DarthJaded Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2006

Well, maybe some evil delays to Jaina and Zekks wedding like a mission or something of the like. More action with the squadron would be fun. Tahiri and Ryker are a must, personally I wouldn`t mind a crazy ex-girlfriend to make a comeback.;) Maybe another engagement [face_batting] and a talk from papa Solo.

D.J

17. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    More squadron action can be confirmed. I've got a few surprises for twin suns. [face_devil] :D

and any ideas for the title of this third installment are welcome as well.

18. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Yeah, we do need something to come between Tahiri and Ryker's happiness - I'm loving the ex-girlfriend idea, whoever thought of that. Perhaps the ex-girlfriend could be preggers?? [face_devil]

But before the split, we need a massive Rykiri mush session!! =P~

And yes, more squadron action. :D Maybe Jaina could get Ryker stranded on a planet, and Tahiri have to do a rescue mission?

19. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Jaded is refering to Cira, Ryker's pyscho ex-girlfreind from the first installment: What's a girl to do. She was one of my finest characters and creepist stalkers. She will be making a reappearance in the sequel but not in manner you expect (maybe you will expect it, :confused:)

20. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    "Almost paradise?" It's the best I can come up with ... I had to have help for the title of my last big fic.

As for ideas, why not stick Ryker in charge of the Suns for part of the fic ... while Jaina and Zekk go on vacation - which invariably goes wrong so that Ryhiri have to drop everything pull their butts out of the fire.

21. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    something like that is going to happen, but not exactly and not like you think.

and i'm still loving the term ryhiri. [face_blush]

22. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Ryhiri? How? odd. :p

KT

23. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Ryhiri all the way in the next installment

24. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

don't worry you'll get plenty of ryhiri. But i'm totally loving the chapter i'm writing right now. It's the wedding and it's funny and fantastic. :D

25. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Hey Ya'll

Sorry about the delay. I've been working on my original fiction and i've got tied up in life with a new job and stuff. But i'm Back the First chapter is finished, I'm going to talk with My Beta but the first post should be up soon. Anyways, I wanted to let ya'll now what was going on at least.

*kisses*
    Rose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.