main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force FX Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Plagious, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plagious

Plagious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    I was planning on bringing my lightsaber as a carryon. I bought a tube for it but I do not trust checking it in. At C4 I heard people had no problems doing this but they had to take it out and turn it on to prove what it was. I read some post of people saying you should check it in. Can anyone confirm if its ok to carry it on?

2. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    I'm checking mine in because it's longer than the airline's carryon limits. :(

3. Plagious

May 17, 2006
    Really? What airline. I figured a 3in X 45in tube would be easy to fit in the rack.

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    TSA generally does not like long, hard plastic things. I have checked mine in, in the past. I used the original box and packing material and put it into a long canvas bag packed with other things and it made it through with no problem. TAKE BATTERIES OUT OF ANYTHING IN CHECKED LUGGAGE and put those in your carry-on.

5. Plagious

May 17, 2006
    I do have a pvc tube with a screw lid. I guess that should work.

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I transport my detachable light saber blades in PVC tubes in my checked baggage. I would not expect TSA would allow me to take a hard plastic tube in my carry-on.

BTW, the last time I flew I asked about a TSA about poster tubes and she said that cardboard tubes with posters in them are fine. They don't think you can hit anyone with cardboard. But a hard plastic tube would be a problem and something that they may not allow.

7. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    you could open someones head with a 3/8" thick cardboard tube. Just sayin.

8. Plagious

May 17, 2006
    I originally had a cardboard tube but if I check it in then I had no way to seal it up and yet have it easy open incase they needed to inspect it. Thats why I created a light weight pvc tube with a screw bottom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.