main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force FX Lightsabers...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by razzy1319, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Cold_Ginn

Qui-Cold_Ginn Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2006
    Yes.

2. Darth_Phineas

Darth_Phineas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004
    If they still have them, you'd better get it now.

There is no guarantee that they'll even get anything else out after the ANH Luke... which, by the way, continues to get pushed back. Speaking of, it's almost as if once they lost the license they went back to they way they were doing things 1-1/2 to 2 years ago... you know, pushing back delivery dates, not knowing what's going on with items in the lineup... the usual buisness-as-usual for MR. Reminds me of why I was not surprised LFL didn't work with them on a renewal.

3. RTDB

RTDB Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2007
    anyone know of any other companys picking up the liscence after MR loses it

4. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    TSV posted an update yesterday saying that MR has pushed the Luke ANH FFX back to August.

5. Michael_Fuglas

Michael_Fuglas Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2007
    Here are some short practical reviews of FX sabers I have owned for people who are new to FX saber collecting. These reviews are mainly concerned with structural issues dealing with swing and using them rather than movie accuracy, (although some light opinion on cosmetics is included.)I'm posting this because I wish I had known some of these things before I started collecting them.

Anakin EP III ROTS

PROS: This saber has bright generally even color good loud sound. It is very light and easy to swing and balanced. It is cosmetically pretty although the gold paint on the on/off box and on/off switch rubs off fairly easily.

CONS: I owned two of these and they both had a design flaw where the led just above the hilt went out, kind of a hassel having to return both of them. Some sharp edges on the on/off box can hurt your hand when you are swinging it bare handed. Also the on/off switch is very easy to turn off accidentally.

Summary: I liked this saber the least of all the five i'll be reviewing.

Luke Ep VI ROTJ

PROS: This saber has two HUGE pro's; very bright evenly colored blade and very loud sound, It can really light up a dark room. Also it's very light well balanced and the on/off box being closer to the base makes it easy to grip and manipulate.

CONS: The thick neck doesn't turn me off all that much it actually gives you a larger grip area but it's a small cosmetic issue. The poly carbonate blade is weak though where it is fastened inside the hilt, I read the exact reason why somewhere but I can't remember. Anyway I snapped the blade right off when I accidentally hit it not very hard on a solid surface.

Summary: I loved this saber; my second favorite. I wouldn't duel wth it and would be very careful about dropping it.

Mace Windu

PROS: It's my favorite hilt design being the most regal looking saber and the purple blade is quite unique.

CONS: It uses 6 AA batteries yet has the least bright blade of all the ones i've owned. The blade is spotty and the hilt is fat and very heavy making it somewhat unwieldly. Also it is easy to accidentally turn off while swinging.

Summary: Cool looking but not very practical, good for hanging on your wall.

Vader Ep V ESB

PROS: I can't say enough positive about things this design. The blade is even and bright and the sound is clear and loud, (not as bright and loud as the Luke ROTJ but more than adequate.) I love the look, it is extremely well balanced, and the switch almost never accidentally turns off while in motion. But most of all I have accidentally smacked, dropped, and dueled with this saber regularly for about 4 years and it keeps on troopin' like a taun-taun in a snowstorm, (maybe that's not such a good metaphor.) At this point I don't think anything but smashing it over a handrail could damage it.

CONS: It's only slightly heavy compared to some other FX's but this is almost completely negated by the excellent balance.

Summary: If I could only own one FX lightsaber this would be the one. It's tough and sexy and well worth the full asking price.

Darth Maul

PROS: I've only owned this one for 1 month but so far no problemes with structural damage or spotty blade. The blade is bright on full batteries and it is loud enough. It's really fun to swing and challenging to master in double-sided mode, and cool to have two identical sabers in two singles mode. The on/off buttons don't easily turn off during the action. This is perhaps the most unique and versatile lightsaber.

CONS: It eats up batteries faster than other sabers because it only uses 3 AAA's per saber. One single saber is almost as heavy as the Mace Windu FX and when connected the combined weight makes it more challenging than it should be and prohibits whipping it around as fast as Ray Park. Trust me if you accidentally smack yourself in the head with it, it takes a while to get over it. Also in two singles mode the sabers seem blade heavy, (the balance point is just above the hilt on the blade.) I t

6. Jedi-knight-25

Jedi-knight-25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2007
    Can some one post pictures of the Obi-wan fx lightsaber? :)

7. Chowser

Chowser Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    [image=http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6299/dsc03368ui7.jpg]

[image=http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6358/dsc03367fl5.jpg]

[image=http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6167/dsc03300bk6.jpg]

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6299/dsc03368ui7.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6358/dsc03367fl5.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6167/dsc03300bk6.jpg

8. Jedi-knight-25

Aug 1, 2007
    Thank you, Chowser :cool:

They look very cool!:D

Do they already have a Obi-wan episode 1 fx lightsaber? :)

9. Ti-el_Terall

Ti-el_Terall Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    No, and they never will. The oic is showing a custom TPM saber. It has a 3 watt LED in the hilt, no sound if Im correct.

10. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    The Ep1/2 Obi-Wan FFX would be what would happen it MR can squeeze out one more by the end of the year... fat chance. There's been a protoype that was floating around for some time, but given that the ANH Luke has been pushed back until at least late August....

We shouldn't hold our breath.

Maybe the company that takes over the license will do better at meeting our expectations.

11. Ti-el_Terall

Jan 11, 2006
    MR has allready confirmed there wont be a Obi-wan or the Dooku.

12. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    No surprise, given that even if they already had the pre-order up and going, they'd not be able to get them out by the time the license expires... especially given the way they're handling the ANH Luke FFX.

13. Ti-el_Terall

Jan 11, 2006
    [face_frustrated] Uh, dont get me starte don the Luke....

14. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    Word is that the ANH Lukes are enroute to MR.

That is far better news than the Master Replicas SW616 Force FX Lightsaber Construction Set, which looks like an over-priced Hasbro build-your-own-saber. I hope the pics I've seen so far, I hope the images were of a prototype. It appears to only be variants of the Anakin/Vader and the Obi-Wan/Luke versions.

15. Jedi-knight-25

Aug 1, 2007
    I saw the Anakin Fx lightsaber on desplay the other day and it is the first time I have seen a force fx lightsaber on desplay.

16. Ti-el_Terall

Jan 11, 2006
    ANH Luke on the way! Awsome!

As for the building kit, it sucks, not much else to say.

17. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    I agree. On both counts.

18. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Question: After MR stops making the FXs, will sabers still on store shelves go down in price?

19. Ti-el_Terall

Jan 11, 2006
    Doubt it.

Also, I heard TRU is getting the Luke ANHs tomorrow!

20. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I've never bought an FX, but I'll definately be getting the Construction Set. I doubt I'll even take the pieces out, I love the way the set looks in the packaging. I just can't find a definite release date or price.

21. ObiTomvla

ObiTomvla Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2006
    Yesterday I saw the Luke ANH saber on display at TRU in San Diego (Morena Blvd).

22. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Toys R Us around here sucks! They have the ANH Luke saber on display but they only have Vader and Yoda in stock.

23. obi-wan24

obi-wan24 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2007
    I have Luke ROTJ and i am thinking about getting either Anakin ROTS, One of Darth Vaders or Mace Windu's. can anyone give me some advice.
    Also wich Darth Vaders is the best, ANH or ESB.
    thanks,

24. RovinGambler

RovinGambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2007
    Just ordered the Vader Ep V ESB lightsaber. Cant wait to give it a whirl! Should arrive about the same time as my Rubies supreme Vader helmet, and together I think they'll make a rather nice display in my loungeroom.

25. obi-wan24

obi-wan24 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2007
    hey can you tell me if its good or not
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.