main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars **Forces**

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Lord Anguish

Lord Anguish Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    IC: Anguish

District border, Nar Shaddaa

The sith assassin had to give the human some credit. For an injured man, Khol Destros hobbled quite a distance from the Coiled Viper. He had made it as far as the border between the Merchant and Entertainment Districts. The human's abject desperation shone like a beacon in the dark side of the force. There was nowhere he could go to hide from Anguish, who followed him, concealed in shadow, ever tracking him stealthily. He could also sense that Destros was in pain, caused by the shot he received to his lower left leg, compliments of the bounty hunter, Trauma.

Anguish didn't bother to catch up to Destros, but waited him out. The human finally came to rest by a cluster of cargo crates, which were likely to be moved at some point. There were no patrols to be seen at the moment, but they were around for sure. Anguish found Destros curled up on the floor, holding his wounded leg, whimpering to himself. Khol hadn't noticed the cloaked figure standing near him, until it had spoken.

"How's the leg…" the cloaked figure, Anguish, asked the human, who's only response was to shoot him with a concealed hold-out blaster pistol. It was an act prompted by sudden panic and self-preservation. Anguish expected this, as he easily evaded the wild shot.

"That's not very welcoming…" Anguish rasped and gestured.

Khol felt a powerful tug, then found himself disarmed. With disbelieving eyes, he saw the blaster fly in mid-air and into the cloaked figure's gloved hand, then disappear into his cloak.

"It wasn't me!!" Khol cried out desperately as he shielded himself with his hand, fully expecting some kind of blow. "I didn't broker the sale of the holocron, I had nothing to do with that."

"Is that right…?"

Anguish paused for a single moment, his shadowed visage concealing his raised eyebrow. This was new information. But before Khol could even notice or react, Anguish's hand swiftly shot out, the small silver cylinder it held already stinging the exposed arm of the human fugitive.

"What the…"

"It's for the pain." Anguish informed quickly.

"I want no trouble with the Jedi."

"That's not up to me." The cloaked figure declared simply. "Why was the bounty hunter after you?"

"I….I…."

Anguish was satisfied with Khol's hesitation, it meant his 'defenses' were compromised. The serum was already working. Languidly, he took a step closer.

"There will be more bounty hunters. I could protect you, but why are they after you, what do they want?"

"I'm..I'm not…sure…"

"Khol. I know who you are and what you do."

The humans eyes bulged in surprised, but said nothing. He simply stared at the fiery yellow eyes looking back at him. They were so intense.

"I'm interested in what Novanik kilpasha knows…"

Khol gasped and felt a jolt of panic. How did this being know his real name!?

"You had a contact inside their RND and found out about the secret weapon they're building. You were found out. Your contact is dead, and you have nowhere else to run…"

Khol trembled and stammered, not knowing what to say, how could this stranger know so much! It was virtually impossible. Unless….unless….

"What's the name of the project director." Anguish asked pointedly.

Khol's shocked expression was priceless.

"You ARE a Jedi! The temple…grant me asylum! No bounty hunters would dare come after me then. GRANT ME ASYLUM!!"

"Tell me the name and I'll consider it."

"No, promise me first."

"Where was the holocron sold? You owe me at least that much. That's NOT part of the deal."

"Coruscant, of course. Now promise me."

Anguish smiled, then stepped back into the shadows.

"Hey! wait…where are you going?"

At that moment, a patroller appeared, checking around the cargo crates. Khol spotted him, but from the looks of it, the guard patroller had not spotted him yet. He tried to get up suddenly, that's when a pain unlike any he felt before shot through his wounded leg.

"AAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGHHH!!"

He fell to the ground and instinctively touched the wounded area. The pain he felt was incredible. It was mind numbing pain beyond his imagining.

"Who's there!?"

The patroller ran to his location, his blaster rifle at the ready. Upon seeing Khol crumpled on the floor, he was momentarily confused by the sight.The man appeared to be in a great deal of pain.

"Behind you." a raspy voice called out.

The patroller turned around, only to receive a fatal shot in the eye with Khol's hold-out blaster. The patroller's limp body fell to the ground, at the feet of the fugitive. Khol watched in horror as the cloaked figure picked up the patroller's rifle and took several steps closer. He threw Khol's hold-out blaster next to the patroller's body, then pointed the blaster rifle at Khol.

"Wh…what…what are you doing? Why….why are you…doing this?"

"The serum makes you pliable, but it also enhances your pain receptors. I admire your will power, for a human. Give me the name and I'll help you get your revenge."

Before Khol could protest, Anguish stepped on his wound. The scream of agony that followed was chilling, perhaps to anyone else but the sith. It took several moments before Khol could speak again.

"….just…kill me." he gasped between pangs.

"Czerka wants you dead. I just want a name. Give me the name and we can all be happy."

"If…if I give you the name….you'll let me go?"

Anguish went to step on the wound once again."

"ALRIGHT! alright, I'll…I'll tell you what you want. Just…make 'em pay."

The sith assassin kept the blaster rifle trained on the fugitive who furtively glanced at the discarded hold-out blaster. Anguish fired a bolt at the man's weapon hand, which felt ten times worse than it should have, then he stepped on the wound, seemingly immune to the suffering he was causing.

"Tell me the name and it stops. Your call."

The interrogation session went as expected. It was relatively brief. It didn't take long for the human to come to his senses and reveal the project director's name. Unfortunately, he died in a 'confrontation' with a patroller, as he was shot in the chest and hand. Anguish took what tokens he needed as well as the necessary evidence to confirm Khol's death. He would collect on the bounty, as he'd always intended.

All in all, the job had gone well enough. Not only would he get paid handsomely for terminating the human, he'd also come away with some useful secret information to be used for later gain; not only that, but he also had a small lead on a 'missing' holocron. He would need time to decrypt the information in Khol's datapad, but he was up to the challenge. Now all he needed was a 'legitimate' reason to go to Coruscant.

It was now time to depart the smugglers moon. Not a bad place for adventure, at least for a moment in time.

TBC

Sith-I-5 and Rainbow Knight Star like this.
  2. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    IC: Wan Roland: Forces of Light Interior, Mess Hall~

"That is indeed a mystery," the Jedi Councilor replied after Anakin had finished. ..Still, it doesn't mean you will turn to the dark side just because a descendant of yours did so. You most focus on the present; you here with us in the Forces of Light Jedi Academy. I believe that you have a good heart, Anakin," Wan said, looking directly into the young man's eyes. ..I also believe you are strong;strong enough to fight the dark thoughts you are having. Do not dwell on them, my friend. You are about to begin a whole new journey, filled with gold; wisdom and knowledge. Let it happen, Anakin. Enjoy the trip, and push away those dark thought."

Feeling sleepy, Wan rose from his seat. "Well, I had better get to bed, if I expect to do any Jedi teaching and training tomorrow," he said with a chuckle. ..It was wonderful talking with you, Anakin. Good night, my new friend."

TAG:

JediFalcon

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Anakin Shern
    Mess Hall Forces of Light, Coruscant

Anakin nodded as he remembered what Fress told him. It didn’t matter now. Many years have passed since the incident. He was to focus on the present not the past. “Good night, Master Roland. It is time for some rest. I’ll see you in the morning, my new friend.”

Anakin stood up and followed the master out of the mess hall and headed back towards his room. Hopefully in the morning, he can get some lightsaber and hand to hand combat training in. He walked into the room as two men turned towards him. He frowned wondering how many more ghosts of the past would come to him. “Either you’re here to deliver a message or I’ve gone insane. Who are you?”

“I told you the boy has inherited my sarcasm,” the man on the left said with a grin.

“Don’t flatter yourself, Anakin,” the man on the right said with a frown. “Or did the ego get big again? They were thinking about raising the Jedi Temple’s roof to accommodate your ego. He gets it from Fress not you.”

“Can’t deny the looks, he’s a Skywalker descendant,” Anakin said with a widening grin. “No thanks to your granddaughter.”

“And you’re grandson is innocent?” The other man questioned with a sour expression.

“Now now, Jess, if you keep your face that way, it will freeze for eternity,” Anakin chided with a grin.

“Why are you here?” Anakin questioned with a frown. “Or are you here to hunt me all night long making crack jokes at each other?”

“We’re here to clear the air so to speak,” Jess answered as he took a step forward with a frown. “The baby in question was Ben Skywalker’s child, not Jacen’s.”

Anakin nodded with a slight smile. “That would make more sense. Jacen was in love with the Queen of Hapes.”

”Give the boy a medal, he knows his history,” Anakin chided with a slight grin.

“Why the seclusion?” Anakin questioned with a frown as he eyed both men with a raised brow. He turned his attention to Jess. “You were alive at the time, not him. You’re the one who has to answer.”

“We held a family meeting. Considering all events, it was just easier to send Carly into seclusion without drawing attention to her condition. Ben was in love with Carly for a long time. They grew up together. She left Jacen’s side when Ben saved her from herself,” Jess explained with a frown. “Don’t allow your thoughts to dwell on the past. They could be your downfall. Focus on the here and now. Not the past or the future. Just because he,” he pointed to Anakin. “Carly, and Jacen fell doesn’t mean you have too. You have a chance to redeem the name.”

“Don’t let anyone persuade you to either side of the Force. That decision is yours alone to make not anyone else’s,” Anakin said he walked towards him and placed a transparent blue hand on his shoulder. “Your destiny is your hands, not some crazy old man.”

Anakin gave a slight smile knowing he was referring to Palpatine. “I promise. I’ll make you proud.”

“We know you will,” Jess said as Anakin took a step back. “We’ll be with you, always. May the Force be with you.”

Both men disappeared leaving Anakin alone with his thoughts. They were right, there was no point in dwelling in the family’s past. He had his own future to focus on and it was time for bed. He turned out the light and lay down. He closed his eyes.

tbc

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Anakin Shern
    Forces of Light, training room Coruscant

After consuming a light breakfast Anakin slowly made his way to a lightsaber training room. He walked in and searched for some remotes. After looking behind a few doors he found a room with remotes sitting on a shelf. He smiled as he grabbed three and headed back out into the room. He switched them on and set a time to attack him in two minutes that should be plenty of time to center himself in the Force. He pulled a blind fold over his eyes as he sat cross legged in the middle of the training area. His lightsaber was within reach on his belt.

Anakin took a deep breath and slowly released it as he felt the Force swirl in and around him as a serene calm fell over him. He felt his warning sense flare causing him to go for his lightsaber. He activated the blade and stood up in one swift motion and blocked the bolt. Three remote outlines appeared before his eyes allowing him to track them through the Force. He spun on his heel and blocked two blasts. He barely turned to the side missing the bolt the third remote fired at him.

Anakin raised the lightsaber and blocked two more blasts in rapid succession, one to the left and with blinding speed blocked the other to the right. It was going on five minutes and he was beginning to work up a healthy sweat.

Tag Rainbow anyone in the temple near the training area.

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li
    Monorail train - Location: Ciutric IV

As Rasa watched, Lord Nelf was busy checking out, what Billings had labeled 'smell-on-legs'. She saw him open up and check the man's chest, where a large purple bruise was forming. Lord Nelf's back was covered in trash, but a quick look from Billings, and she saw him shake his head sharply. She nodded. Like SHE was going to say anything!! Not in Lord Nelf's current mood.

He does not appear to have damaged his ribs.” Nelf told the others, “Which is good, as that would be beyond my powers to deal with.

That was good, Rasa guessed. Rasa was still studying where the silly train was going, when she heard Billings as about her. Nelf glanced sharply back at Rasa, which made her flex her claws automatically. Woah. That look was.. intense. Billings then inquired about her training as a Jedi... and wondered if she could possibly heal stinky. He asked her directly about healing the hermit, when Lord Nelf re-stated the fact that his ribs were fine. He then stood over Cactus, and Rasa watched as blue sparkles fell over the unconscious man, and the bruise went away. She smiled gently, even as Billings sulked. Rasa looked up, giving Billings a grin, even as she flexed her claws once more. Rasa did indeed have some training in first aid. And she could heal a bit. Pretty much standard training. Even more so in her case, as sometimes, healings by others not skilled in non-human training sometimes left much to be desired.

Fine. I was only trying to help.” Billings griped.

And that was fine, but…whoa! The train tilted sharply to the left as it turned towards the centre of the island, tumbling the Inquisitor onto the hermit. NOT. A fragging word.he growled, as Rasa automatically shifted her body weight, her claws deep into the flooring. This train ride was becoming interesting by the moment. Rasa took that moment to NOT look towards her master, as she concentrated now on where the train was heading. Interesting. The map had shown own the tracks that went around the island. But there was indeed a side track that seemed to be heading for the mountain in the middle. One large jagged peak stood out.

Rasa moved forward, and began to reach out with the Force, scanning the area they were heading for. She still could not conceive why the train would simply automatically take anyone who generally asked, to anything that might be considered an Imperial center ... on a supposedly tourist train. Or that said train would NOT be monitored and such, when one came near. So she began to search out, looking for anything that might be monitoring them. That also included the train's console. For some reason, it did not seem right. And she began to wonder if the smelly human had something to do with it.

Tag: Lord Nelf, Billings, and Smells-on-Legs.

6. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    OOC: Okay, so it looks like the old players are mostly gone. :/ Is there any place for me in the game, still, Joy?

7. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    OOC: Anyway, while I wait for a response.... Here are all the posts Echo and I made over on the offsite... I hope no one minds my posting them now. I know it's a bit late.

IC: Mariel Rian, Werdla Orar

"Yes, you can. I can't promise the answer will satisfy you, but I will do my best," Knight Be'orar answered.

"Okay..." Mariel took a deep breath. "If your relationship with Knight Malt is so difficult...why are you still with him?"

TAG: Gaan

OOC: Hopefully this is okay! Let me know if not, and I'll change it!

IC: Gaan Be'orar - Werdla Orar

"Okay..." Mariel drew in a deep breath, and Gaan couldn't help but wonder what she was about to ask. "If your relationship with Knight Malt is so difficult...why are you still with him?"

The question struck Gaan like a slap to the face. It was her turn to suck in a deep breath before answering. "I... don't know, Padawan. I guess I just feel like I should be, like I owe it to him." Hesitating a moment, she added, "I think I also want to stick it out because I believe it doesn't have to be this difficult.... and I hope it won't always be. I don't want to just give up... I don't know." Gaan looked away from the girl, across the room to the hidden compartment where she kept her "other lives" - her various disguises. "But I do try to escape sometimes, I know."

TAG: Mariel

OOC: Don't know why it wouldn't be, Echo. [​IMG]

Knight Be'orar took a deep breath before her response."I... don't know, Padawan. I guess I just feel like I should be, like I owe it to him." Hesitating a moment, she added, "I think I also want to stick it out because I believe it doesn't have to be this difficult.... and I hope it won't always be. I don't want to just give up... I don't know." She looked away."But I do try to escape sometimes, I know."

Mariel sighed. "I understand...sort of." She looked in the same direction as her Master, but saw nothing but the wall. "I guess...I just would have given up already, and...maybe with Talia and everything, I did." She toyed with her lightsaber handle. "Does that...does that make me weak? I don't know...my former Master told me there's no shame in walking away from a battle you can't win, but how do you know when you can't win?"

IC: Gaan Be'orar - Werdla Orar - Hyperspace

Beside Gaan, Mariel sighed. "I understand...sort of." Gaan glanced over at her, but saw her eyes had wandered. "I guess...I just would have given up already, and...maybe with Talia and everything, I did." The girl played with her lightsaber handle. "Does that...does that make me weak? I don't know...my former Master told me there's no shame in walking away from a battle you can't win, but how do you know when you can't win?"

Gaan's eyes traveled back to her Padawan's face. "You're not weak, Mariel. Your Master was right, but which battles to fight and which to walk away from is something that is left up to you. Sometimes you should fight no matter the likelihood of defeat, because not fighting could be worse than defeat... even worse than death. Sometimes it's foolish to fight even when you can win. Your Master left it up to you to decide, and I can only say trust your instincts. I almost never run, at least not without first engaging, and that is what would be called reckless and rash. I do it because I won't back down, and I hate giving up. I don't encourage you to follow in my footsteps, because it is far wiser to know when you should run, and do it." Gaan paused. She was trying to make a point she couldn't quite grasp. "Just remember this: If you feel like you can't defend your decision, and or have doubts about whether what you're about to do is actually right, then you're probably being influenced by something other than clear judgement." Smiling faintly at the girl, Gaan rose and moved to the medical cabinet. Pulling out some bandages and other items, she returned to the bed and reseated herself beside Mariel.

"I know you probably have more to talk about, but I should get this started while we're at it. Will you give me a hand?" Gaan set the items between them on the bed, then unzipped her outfit. Picking up a small, medical half-shirt, she put it on, then pushed the upper part of her outfit down to her waist.

Knight Be'orar looked back up at her. "You're not weak, Mariel. Your Master was right, but which battles to fight and which to walk away from is something that is left up to you. Sometimes you should fight no matter the likelihood of defeat, because not fighting could be worse than defeat... even worse than death. Sometimes it's foolish to fight even when you can win. Your Master left it up to you to decide, and I can only say trust your instincts. I almost never run, at least not without first engaging, and that is what would be called reckless and rash. I do it because I won't back down, and I hate giving up. I don't encourage you to follow in my footsteps, because it is far wiser to know when you should run, and do it."

Mariel thought that through. But what if I don't know....?

Her Master had apparently anticipated the unasked question, because she continued. "Just remember this: If you feel like you can't defend your decision, and or have doubts about whether what you're about to do is actually right, then you're probably being influenced by something other than clear judgement."

The Padawan nodded quietly, almost understanding. "Okay..."

Knight Be'orar rose and collected a few medical supplies. "I know you probably have more to talk about, but I should get this started while we're at it. Will you give me a hand?"

"Of course," Mariel responded eagerly, as her Master began removing the pieces of her outfit that covered her injuries. "What can I do?"

"Of course," Mariel answered eagerly, returning the smile to Gaan's face. "What can I do?"

"I can't see the ones on my back." Gaan handed her an unmarked bottle, and a small rag. "Moisten the rag with that, and clean them for me, please?" Gaan picked up the bandages, and began tearing off various-sized pieces.

"I can't see the ones on my back." Knight Be'orar handed her an unmarked bottle, and a small rag. "Moisten the rag with that, and clean them for me, please?"

"Yes, Master," Mariel answered promptly. Healing wasn't one of her talents, but this was a fairly easy job. Following her Master's instructions precisely, the Padawan gently dabbed at the cuts with the cloth.

"Those must hurt," she commented quietly. "What happened?"

IC: Gaan Be’orar – Werdla Orar – Hyperspace

“Yes, Master,” came Mariel’s quick reply.

Gaan leaned forward as the girl prepped the cloth, placing her elbows on her knees to give Mariel better access to her back… and to keep the girl from seeing her face. As she well knew, the liquid was very effective, but not very pleasant, especially when applied to open wounds. It burned like Corellia’s hells from the second it touched flesh to the second it finally finished its thorough disinfecting process.

As the rough fabric came in contact with the first cut, Gaan stilled, intent on not disturbing her Padawan’s work. She shifted slightly under the girl’s ministrations, though, when the liquid touched a deeper cut. Trusting that Mariel hadn’t noticed, she forced her body to relax again.

The girl must have noticed something though, because she quietly remarked, “Those must hurt.” Then, without waiting for confirmation, she asked, “What happened?”

Gaan flinched. After a short pause, she raised her head, which had been resting on her hands, and looked over her shoulder at the Padawan for a long moment, debating whether she dared tell her the truth or not. Finally, twitching from the pain of an invisible lash, she looked away again, her decision not her own. “My friend and I were attacked by some of Dathomir’s creatures while we spoke together.”

Knight Be'orar winced slightly, and Mariel realized that once again she'd asked the wrong thing. "I'm sorry..." she began, but her Master answered the question after a long pause. “My friend and I were attacked by some of Dathomir’s creatures while we spoke together.”

Really? Mariel paused for a moment in cleaning the long gashes. She couldn't think of any animal that would leave this kind of mark - not big enough for a rancor, not small enough for a purbole...

"Master..." The Padawan really wanted to ask are you lying to me? but decided against it. "What kind of creature?"

Mariel stopped cleaning Gaan's back after her answer. After a short pause, during which Gaan grew uncomfortable enough to pick up a small patch of disinfectant-soaked cotton and press it to the vibroblade wound on her stomach, Mariel began, "Master..." She seemed to debate saying something else, then finished, "What kind of creature?"

Gaan's face contorted at the question. Did she really have to lie to the girl again? Force knew how much she hated it. Besides, what would happen if she couldn't withstand the Council's questioning, and Mariel found out the truth? Too late, she reminded herself. She'd already committed to the lie, and had to carry through with it now. Bitterly, she muttered under her breath, "Are you enjoying this, Master?"

Composing herself, she answered her Padawan, "I'm not sure. I didn't recognize it at the time. But then again, I haven't exactly spent a lot of time on Dathomir, either."

IC: Mariel Rian, Werdla Orar, Hyperspace

Mariel heard her Master mutter something under her breath, and winced. I shouldn't have said anything.

"I'm not sure. I didn't recognize it at the time. But then again, I haven't exactly spent a lot of time on Dathomir, either," the older woman responded.

Mariel sighed. "Master...I'm sorry I asked, if it was an uncomfortable question. I'm just worried...I don't want to lose another Master." She bit her lip; she hadn't meant to say that much.

Mariel sighed as Gaan finished. "Master... I'm sorry I asked, if it was an uncomfortable question. I'm just worried... I don't want to lose another Master." Gaan winced, not havng intended to come off like that.

Gently resting her hand on her Padawan's shoulder, she said, "Mariel, you're not going to lose me. I'm here to stay for good, and a few scratches won't change that." She smiled at the girl, then went back to cleaning the wound on her stomach. "I didn't mean to be harsh about it, either. I want you to feel free to ask questions whenever you want."

Knight Be'orar rested one hand on Mariel's shoulder. "Mariel, you're not going to lose me. I'm here to stay for good, and a few scratches won't change that."

The Padawan returned the smile her Master offered, rather shyly, as the woman continued.

"I didn't mean to be harsh about it, either. I want you to feel free to ask questions whenever you want."

"Thank you," Mariel responded, continuing to clean the injuries on Knight Be'orar's back. Se hesitated before continuing, but she felt it had to be said. "Master...you know you can trust me, don't you? If there's something going on...you can tell me. If there's one thing I'm really good at, it's keeping secrets."

"Thank you," Mariel replied. Gaan's lips formed a half-smile, but she knew the girl couldn't see it. After a moment, Mariel continued, "Master... you do know you can trust me, don't you?" Gaan closed her eyes with a slight sigh. She hadn't wanted to lie in the first place... now the Padawan was making her wonder why she had. "If there's something going on... you can tell me. If there's one thing I'm really good at, it's keeping secrets."

Gaan's shoulders slumped, almost as much in relief as surrender, as her defenses momentarily gave way to the girl's unrelenting onslaught. Tensing her back somewhat so Mariel would know what she was referring to, she whispered softly, "They're whiplashes." Her voice was just loud enough for Mariel to hear, as though any louder would earn her time in hell.

Knight Be'orar's shoulders slumped for a moment, then tensed as she whispered, "They're whiplashes."

Mariel's eyes widened for a moment. "Master...I'm sorry. Why...why didn't you tell me before? Or anyone else?" Realizing that could be taken as accusatory, she added quickly, "I won't say anything. I just...wondered."

There was a moment of shocked silence before Mariel said, "Master... I'm sorry. Why... why didn't you tell me before? Or anyone else?" Gaan shifted to look back at the girl, who quickly added, "I won't say anything. I just... wondered."

"Thank you, Padawan," Gaan breathed. Turning forward again, she sat up as she continued, "I... don't want to be forced to answer for my actions. I don't want to talk about my past any more than I've already done. And I don't want to be 'protected' by my partner, or the Masters..."

"Thank you, Padawan," Knight Be'orar said, turning forward again. "I... don't want to be forced to answer for my actions. I don't want to talk about my past any more than I've already done. And I don't want to be 'protected' by my partner, or the Masters..."

"I understand..." Mariel whispered, blinking rapidly. "So...the one who you were with...he wasn't your friend? He was someone from your past..." Just like Talia is from mine, she added mentally. "Are we in more danger from him?"

IC: Gaan Be’orar – Werdla Orar – Hyperspace

“I understand...” Mariel whispered in reply. Gaan was a bit worried as she looked over at the girl. She didn’t look quite like herself. “So... the one who you were with... he wasn’t your friend? He was someone from your past... Are we in more danger from him?”

Honestly, Gaan was surprised she’d gotten this far without some form of interference from him, but her Padawan didn’t need to know that. “You aren’t.” Unless he decided he needed to use her to make Gaan behave. “He’s my Master, so, from a certain point of view, I told the truth. But don’t tell anyone anything. I don’t think I’ll be able to tell the Council, and you will be in danger from him if you say anything to them.” Fixing the girl with an intense gaze, she added, “Please don’t, Padawan. Please. I can’t bear to have anything happen to you... especially because of me.”

Apparently she’d finally attracted her Master’s attention, because a blast of anger blindsided her at that moment. A wave of pure physical agony followed mere seconds later. She knew she was supposed to scream, but she didn’t, curling in on herself instead. Then, slowly, she began to open up to it, uncurling her body, until it was pouring into her. Letting it fill her until she was drunk with it, and beyond, she rose to her feet, arms slowly wrapping around her Padawan’s shoulders and pulling her close. Somehow, the girl was still foremost in her mind, and she wanted to shield her from this.

Finally, she was released, and crashed to her knees, shuddering and gasping for breath. The uncleaned wounds across her stomach were burning, and she quickly picked up the bottle Mariel had been using, and drenched her abdomen with the liquid. The burning intensified immediately, and a feeling of relief ran through her.

Knowing from previous experience that she had probably been holding Mariel far tighter than was comfortable, she quickly apologized, “I’m sorry about that, Padawan...” Her wounds were easing back down to a dull ache, and she closed her eyes for a moment. “I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

"You aren’t. He’s my Master, so, from a certain point of view, I told the truth. But don’t tell anyone anything. I don’t think I’ll be able to tell the Council, and you will be in danger from him if you say anything to them.” Knight Be'orar looked intensely at Mariel. "Please don’t, Padawan. Please. I can’t bear to have anything happen to you... especially because of me.”

Mariel was about to respond with a promise not to, when her Master curled over as if she was in pain. "Master!" Mariel reached out to help her, and instead found herself pulled into a tight embrace. Desperate to help, the girl tried to send sympathy over the bond.

Finally, Knight Be'orar released her and collapsed to her knees. Taking the bottle Mariel had been using, the woman poured it over the injuries in her abdomen before speaking. “I’m sorry about that, Padawan...I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

"No, no, you didn't," Mariel assured her. Her Master's grip had been tight, but not painful. "Can I...ask what happened?"

Gaan slowly rose again as Mariel answered, "No, no, you didn't. Can I... ask what happened?"

Wincing as she sat down, Gaan replied, "It was my Master. He heard enough of what we were saying to know I told you. And I can't shut my shields against him anymore. I don't know what he did, but...." Gaan's voice trailed off as she looked away. Finally looking back, she changed subjects. "Help me get the bandages on so I can change and start teaching you healing.... please."

Knight Be'orar slowly sat down on the bed again, wincing."It was my Master. He heard enough of what we were saying to know I told you. And I can't shut my shields against him anymore. I don't know what he did, but...." Her voice trailed off for a moment before she changed the subject. "Help me get the bandages on so I can change and start teaching you healing.... please."

"Yes, Master." Mariel picked up the bandages and glanced down at her Master's injuries. "Um...you might have to tell me how to do this. I'm not really very experienced...unless all you want me to do is just wrap the bandages around. That I can do."

"Yes, Master," Mariel answered. "Um...you might have to tell me how to do this. I'm not really very experienced...unless all you want me to do is just wrap the bandages around. That I can do."

Gaan nodded. "That will work, Padawan. I just need them to stay clean for now."

"That will work, Padawan. I just need them to stay clean for now," Knight Be'orar responded. Mariel nodded and began carefully wrapping the bandages around the older woman's injuries.

"Master...can I ask a question? About your Master?"

The girl nodded. As she started her work, she asked, "Master... can I ask a question? About your Master?"

"Yes, Padawan. Go ahead." To herself, she added, I think he's ignoring me now, so we should be good.

"Yes, Padawan. Go ahead."

Mariel took a deep breath. "Why would he...do something like this? What did you ever do to him?"

Mariel took a deep breath, then asked, "Why would he... do something like this? What did you ever do to him?"

Gaan sucked in her breath quickly. To explain fully would be dangerous. Finally, she decided to answer simply, "I failed him, Padawan."

"I failed him, Padawan." Knight Be'orar answered simply after a moment.

Mariel thought about that. How could she possibly have failed him? "But...Masters are supposed to teach their Padawans. Doesn't that mean failing sometimes?"

Mariel paused for a brief moment, seeming to consider Gaan's words before saying, "But... Masters are supposed to teach their Padawans. Doesn't that mean failing sometimes?"

Gaan knew the girl had her cornered, and debated what to tell her for a few brief moments. "It does, Padawan, but my Master wasn't exactly a shining example of a Jedi... and it wasn't a simple failure, or even many of them, on my part."

IC: Mariel Rian, Werdla Orar, Coruscant

After a few moments, Knight Be'orar responded. "It does, Padawan, but my Master wasn't exactly a shining example of a Jedi... and it wasn't a simple failure, or even many of them, on my part."

"Okay..." Mariel paused to think that through. What could she possibly have done? Suspecting that particular question would not be answered, she tried a different angle, mentally thanking her former Master for the diplomacy lessons she'd insisted on teaching. "Then...if he wasn't much of a Jedi, why was he allowed to have an apprentice?"

"Okay..." Gaan heard the question in the single word, but waited to see what the girl would actually ask. The wait paid off before long, as Mariel began, "Then... if he wasn't much of a Jedi, why was he allowed to have an apprentice?"

"Because he kept to himself, so no one knew he was anything but introverted. I was his first, and, as far as I know, his only, Padawan." She wasn't quite sure why she added that last part, but shrugged it off.

"Because he kept to himself, so no one knew he was anything but introverted. I was his first, and, as far as I know, his only, Padawan."

Without thinking about it, Mariel muttered a Dathomiri curse word under her breath, then blushed, hoping Knight Be'orar hadn't understood it. Master Kela had been strict about not using those words. "So...um...why did no one else ever find out about him?"

Mariel muttered something Gaan assumed, from the tone of voice, to be a curse, but she didn't correct her. She was too used to using them to express herself. "So...um...why did no one else ever find out about him?"

"Because I was his best cover," Gaan answered simply.

"Because I was his best cover."

Mariel shook her head. "Now I'm really confused. Why cover for him? Why not just...walk out on him?"

Mariel shook her head. "Now I'm really confused. Why cover for him? Why not just... walk out on him?"

"Because I was his Padawan, Mariel. I didn't know any better, and I was afraid I would lose what little I had if I, as you say, walked out on him. Besides, who would have believed my word over his?"

"Because I was his Padawan, Mariel. I didn't know any better, and I was afraid I would lose what little I had if I, as you say, walked out on him. Besides, who would have believed my word over his?"

Mariel looked down at the leftover bandages that were still in her hands. "Well...for what it's worth, I would believe you. Even before I saw this. I would have believed you." She sighed. "I know I'm just a Padawan, and my opinion doesn't matter much...but I trust you, even if no one else does."

"Well... for what it's worth, I would believe you. Even before I saw this. I would have believed you." Mariel sighed. "I know I'm just a Padawan, and my opinion doesn't matter much... but I trust you, even if no one else does."

Gaan looked into the girl's eyes. "Your opinion matters to me, Padawan... and I'm very grateful for what you said. It's not that I doubt I would be believed now... I just don't want to revisit the past. And it was in the past, as a Padawan, that I would not have been believed." Taking the remaining bandages from the girl, she added, "Thank you for your help with these. I know it wasn't fun."

Placing them back in the cabinet, Gaan returned to the bed. "Now, I promised to teach you healing, but I'm not sure if we're both up for it anymore. What do you think? Would you still like to attempt the lesson?"

Knight Be'orar looked Mariel in the eye as she took the leftover bandages. "Your opinion matters to me, Padawan... and I'm very grateful for what you said. It's not that I doubt I would be believed now... I just don't want to revisit the past. And it was in the past, as a Padawan, that I would not have been believed." After putting the bandages away, she added, "Thank you for your help with these. I know it wasn't fun. Now, I promised to teach you healing, but I'm not sure if we're both up for it anymore. What do you think? Would you still like to attempt the lesson?"

Mariel considered it. "If it wouldn't be too hard...I'd like to try. You never know when that ability might come in handy. I know I've regretted not having it in the past."

"If it wouldn't be too hard...I'd like to try. You never know when that ability might come in handy. I know I've regretted not having it in the past."

Gaan nodded. "Alright, let's do it, then." Reaching out through the bond, she lightly touched her Padawan's mind. //We'll communicate this way during the lesson. Now, don't hesitate to enter my mind. It's easier to teach you healing through example than through explanation.// Growing silent again, she waited for her Padawan to enter.

Mariel Rian, Werdla Orar, Hyperspace

"Alright, let's do it, then." Mariel sensed Knight Be'orar touching her mind through the bond. We'll communicate this way during the lesson. Now, don't hesitate to enter my mind. It's easier to teach you healing through example than through explanation.

Yes, Master. Mariel responded quickly. How do we start?

//Yes, Master,// Mariel wasted no time replying. //How do we start?//

For a moment, Gaan sat in silence. Then she leaned back. //Alright, here's where the worst of the cuts is.// She directed her own attention to it, hoping Mariel's would follow. //I'm just going to work on this one for now. It'll make it easier to follow what I'm doing. Any questions?// Reaching with her mind and the Force to the wound, Gaan waited for Mariel's go-ahead.

Alright, here's where the worst of the cuts is. Knight Be'orar directed her attention to it, and Mariel did the same. I'm just going to work on this one for now. It'll make it easier to follow what I'm doing. Any questions?

Nope. Mariel waited eagerly for the lesson to begin. Does this work on all injuries?

OOC: Oh yeah, and did I mention a bit long?

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Welcome back, Zeltron!

IC: Pol-Fas (Troig bartender), Toshiko, Kate, The Coiled Viper dive bar

There was silence for a beat of about five seconds after Anguish passed through the exit, then:

"No blasters, no blasters!" Pol exclaimed plaintively, over the oblivious background music, all four arms flapping up reflexively with the second and fourth words.

"Little late." Fas chided, then looked down at the supine Nagai girl. "Toshiko, Honey. You can get up now, it's safe."

Beside them, Kate stuck her head up above the level of the counter just enough to see that there were still some tables and chairs standing, with patrons huddled underneath, while, yes, a swathe of furniture had been crushed into splinters by the crashed form of the bounty-hunter.
    "Whoa." She whispered.

Fas, the second head, was sorting through the credits the Sith assassin had left behind. "There is at least enough here to repair the bar. Katie, you and your sister can keep your tips."

The Human girl stood up, looking up at the alien. "Do we look like sisters?."

Fas looked her right back. "Single-headed female younglings, check. You are sisters in this family, young lady. Get. Over. It."

"Then take that larger collar, and snap it round the neck of that unconscious fellow. Before he wakes up, preferably." Pol rejoined.

On the floor, Toshiko realised that no-one was paying her any mind, and sat up. Hands planted on the floor to support her.
    "What a mess."

"Watch out!" She flinched as Kate stepped over her legs, carrying a larger version of the slave collar that they both now wore, the device hanging from her right fist like a paperless tambourine.

"Drinks are on the house!"

Tag: no-one

9. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Name: Kiri Zatul
    Alias: Kiza
    Species: Human/?
    Home World: Classified
    Force Sensitive: yes
    Appearance: Human female, long brown hair. Green eyes, tanned skin. Dark lipstick.
    Ears slightly pointed when they can be seen from underneath her hair. She is quite lovely, but seldom smiles, especially when she is working. But if she finds someone she can be relaxed around, she is actually quite pleasant, and easy going.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 130
    Build: athletic
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Green
    Skin Color: Light brown, Tanned
    Markings: She has blue line markings over her nose and cheeks,and a diamond on her forehead
    that sometimes changes from time to time, depending on her mood.
    Clothing: She wears a forest green bodysuit/bodyarmor with a cloak, that is green on one
    side, black on the other. Various pouches and backpack, and all of her equipment can be
    hidden easily on her person.
    Weapon(s): DC-17m, Interchangeable weapon system, (5 attachments) 3 lightsabers, 2
    vibroknives, one projectile rifle, holdout blaster, grapple-gun, netblaster, 6 flashbangs
    and 3 stunners.
    Personal Ship: Chaazu' IG-2000, Navi-droid (Skoot)
    Lightsaber Description:
    Hilt(s): very plain, black colored hilts. No obvious turn on switch
    Blade Color(s): one red, one blue and one silver
    Fighting Form: -hand to hand, Teräs Käsi, sword
    Bio:
    Merc for hire. Jack. Private security. Whatever the title. If there is a job to do, and it
    suits her, she will take it on. She thought about being a bounty hunter, but she has an
    intense dislike of authority types. At least as a merc, she can pick and choose her jobs.
    She only does such work when she needs the credits, as her main interest is researching
    anything to do with the Force, and how it can be manipulated for her own interests. She has
    her own small collections of items, and a rare holocron she has managed to gleam some
    knowledge from. She has found some ancient writings as well, but it is in a language she
    does not know. But she is determined to eventual translate it. She could care little for
    both Jedi or Sith, seeing both as foolish. She has her own path to follow, and she feels
    that the Force will guide her, not some silly mantras or words of another. She was given the
    power of the Force, and she will use it as she wills.

She keeps her 'Peace Keeping Certificate' (Bounty Hunters permit) up to date, just in case
    she needs to flash it about. She also has a liscence as a body guard. Its a pain, but it
    keeps local trash from bothering her. If that dosent work..well, thats what lightsaberes are
    for.

She appears as a young human female, with very muscular body build. Only those truly
    unfortunate to displease her, find out otherwise. Her personality tends to be on the dark
    side, but can be pleasant if she is treated as such. But her mood can swing quickly, and
    sometimes violently, if provoked.

Other equipment:
    hologram projector mounted on her wrist.
    First aid kit w/various meds
    Voice changer
    Personal energy shield
    2 bracers

-0-0-0-0

Kiza - Aboard the Chaazu'- Coruscant

It had been a long time.

For weeks, only the darkness of space, and of the occasional star that reflected their light
    her way shone from her screens. Bleeps from the navi droid reminded her she was not totally
    alone, as she looked up from her notes. And there were plenty of notes. Notes strewn about
    on flemsi's, notes on various datapads, and even an ancient scroll lay nearby. It was all
    research, but now, she sat back, rubbing her eyes.

But now, lights began to shine back at her. Millions of them. She squinted, as she looked
    out, and scowled at the sight.

Coruscant.

The droid bleeped at her, and with a small sigh, she stood, and walked over to the console.
    She studied the screen for a moment, before she pointed to a set of coordinates. "This one."
    she stated quietly, as the droid moved to quickly comply. A spaceport, close to where she
    needed to be. Also, something that would offer no questions, and a quick departure - should
    she need it. But she did expect any trouble. But she anticipated for it all the same.

Coruscant was not the benine shiny bright planet that it appeared. There was much darkness there. She could taste it. Feel it, alive and vibrant. As long as she could keep a low profile, she would be able to complete the research that brought her here. Coruscant had vast libraries. Perhaps they could gleem some knoweldge of the language she sought to decipher.

Of course, a steady paycheck would not hurt, either. She would check the local boards.

So Kiza prepared. She had noted the earlier chatter about some attack, by a suposed force
    user..most likely Sith. Not her concern. She had her own task to complete. The navi-droid
    quickly set the ship down where she had located. Time to enjoy what secrets she could derive
    from the darkness.

TAG: Rainbow Knight Star

10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Lord Nelf, Stefe Billings, monorail train, Tourist Island

The Sith Inquisitor had risen, and had calmed down, by time the train had started to decelerate, the apparent volcano looming in the forward window as they sped closer.

Nelf brushed himself off, unchained the cape from round his neck, and gave it a quick flap to get any loose detritus off, and in turn spotted the material that would need more persuasion.

He looked sideways at both Rasa and Stefe, while holding the cape up with both arms outstretched. “What, and you did not tell me?” he sounded hurt.

Billings exchanged a quick glance with his master’s apprentice, and wheedled, “Well, you can sort of see why.

Nelf nodded. “Yeah.

He concentrated on a crushed yellow drinks’ carton, and Force-teased it away from the fabric, some viscous stuff stretching as it tried to maintain a hold on both his cape and the container.
    We’re gonna need a fraggin’ launderette when we finish here.” Nelf glanced at Rasa and Stefe. His armour and her fur looked fine. “Well, I will, at least. Can’t go turning up at a Sith Academy smelling like a garbage scow.

You ditching the after-shave, then?

Nelf raised an eyebrow. “Elves don’t shave. Is it me, or did it suddenly go dark?

Bare rock passed the windows on both sides of the carriage, and it was clear that they had entered a tunnel into the mountain that they had seen. Unless a second mountain had turned up while he had been distracting the two with tales of sartorial woe.

A light appeared ahead of the train, and then it gently stopped, the double doors at the side hissing open.

Nelf and Billings exchanged glances.

It looked like a volcano from a distance.” The former Senate guardsman pointed out.

Looked like a volcano up close too.

Billings turned to Rasa. “Kid, keep your distance without looking like you are keeping your distance.

Explore casual.” Nelf clarified, moving to step outside onto the platform that was almost flush with the carriage floor.
    Platform seemed to be cut from the living basaltic rock, and in the interests of safety, there was a faded yellow line painted a foot from the edge, that ran the length of the platform.

Tag: Rasa

11. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010

Nope. Gaan heard back. Does this work on all injuries?

//Basically. The technique varies depending on what kind of wound you're attempting to heal, but the groundwork is still the same, and your mental focus remains similar.//

12. Lord Anguish

Sep 4, 2012

He woke up with a start, a furnace of vehemence burning in his chest. He felt the dampness against his pale skin, on his hair. It was that dream again.

Anguish pulled off the covers from his bunk. He needed to get his emotion under control before he did something....rash. Smoothly, the young sith moved to the floor and performed a hand stand, then breathed evenly as he closed his eyes, then slowly parted his legs to adjust his balance as he raised his right hand, to perform a one handed stance. This helped him center. He needed to put that dream behind him, as he was surprised of its resurgence. It's been a very long time since it manifested itself, seeing how he'd come to terms with those...'issues'. His parents were long dead and he had avenged them and himself upon Darth Furion. Definitively. So why the dream then...? There was only one thing he could think of as the reason.

The nagai female at The Coiled Viper.

Seeing her may have caused some subconscious reaction in his psyche. These needed to be excised, immediately. There could be NO ROOM for weakness, no measure of attachment. No weak links. Anguish visualized himself destroying the subject of his subconscious discord in as many ways as he could possibly imagine. In his mind, he recited the Sith Code as he did so. The fire inside him grew hotter as the hum of the freighter's engines seem to grow ever louder, even to a drowning cacophony. At the end, there was only Anguish. The identity of his annoyance had been burned away, consumed out of existence. Feeling energized, he deftly let himself fall, and used the momentum to go into a forward roll and ended up upright, standing and at ease, arms and hands in prayer position, eyes still closed. Suddenly and explosively, Anguish executed a series of continuous shadow strikes, a Teras Kasi technique on how to maximize fatal and critical hits when surrounded by enemies and blindfolded. This attack worked best when enemies believed one was 'helpless' and had the advantage due to superior numbers. Speed and accuracy were key to success, but with the darkside as one's ally, success was nearly guaranteed.

Satisfied and feeling slightly better, Anguish performed a centering kata to close with, which took him through all basic stances and strikes, only once he was finished did he allow himself to open his eyes.

The continuous hum of the engines had returned to normal levels and his cabin remained dark as he'd intended. Using the force, he caused the lights to turn-up to a dim level. After a brief scan, he was satisfied that all was as he'd left it. He had left instruction not to be disturbed, and it seemed the crew of this ship were wise enough to obey the simple command. The Nar Shaddaa job had payed him handsomely, as promised, so booking his own room on a freighter had not been a problem. The captain of the Trailblazer had agreed to take him as far as Druckenwell, which suited him fine. Getting to Coruscant would take sometime, especially from Hutt Space, but it was necessary for him to arrive in a clandestine fashion. Between here and there, he was sure to find ways to keep himself entertained. Anguish did nothing to stop the sinister smile that came to his face.

Besides, he still had some datapads to hack and valuable information to retrieve.

TBC

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li
    Monorail train - Location: Ciutric IV
    IC: Lord Nelf, Stefe Billings, monorail train, Tourist Island

Rasa stayed quiet as Lord Nelf finished healing the crazy smelly one, and then had stood as the train headed for the mountain. Rasa had her ears perked forward, as she watched where the train was heading. Lord Nelf stood, and checking out his cloak, which he then held out. “What, and you did not tell me?” he sounded hurt. Billings exchanged a quick glance at Rasa, and then added, “Well, you can sort of see why.

Nelf nodded. “Yeah.” He then added, “We’re gonna need a fraggin’ launderette when we finish here.” Nelf glanced at Rasa and Stefe. “Well, I will, at least. Can’t go turning up at a Sith Academy smelling like a garbage scow.

Rasa didnt look back, but her ears flattened. "Mmmmy nnosse ssayss differrrrently." Her tail twitched as she gave a slight smile. Billings mentioned something called after-shave. She had no idea what that was, and would have asked except she saw darkness looming ahead.

Lord Nelf asked. “Is it me, or did it suddenly go dark?” as the train entered a tunnel. A light appeared ahead of the train, and then it gently stopped, the double doors at the side hissing open. Nelf and Billings looked at each other, as Rasa looked outside the door tentatively. She didnt see or hear anyone nearby. Billings turned to Rasa. “Kid, keep your distance without looking like you are keeping your distance.

One ear went up, as the other moved downwards. How was she supposed to manage that?! “Explore casual.” Lord Nelf declarified, moving to step outside onto the platform that was almost flush with the carriage floor. "Casssaual?" Rasa asked as she stepped out after Billings. She remembered some stories about the old days. Not a general fondness for aliens. She hoped that there were no old holdouts still here. She whispered softly, so that only Lord Nelf and Billings could hear.. "What aabout Captain Smmmmelly?" she asked, as she looked behind them, to see if there was any lit panels, or anything else that could tell them that there was life in this area. She took a careful sniff of the air, to see if there was circulation, or was there a stale smell in the air.

Trying to do as she was told, she moved away from the others, keeping her head mostly down, but looking all around her. She stretched out with the Force, looking to see if there was anything here that was dangerous. She would expect automatic weapons systems, if this was a old military depot. Automated systems. Something. So she kept a careful eye, while trying not to peer around too much. Her tail was wrapped tightly around her waist, as she shifted under her poncho.

No pressure here.

Explore casual....

Tag: Lord Nelf, Billings

14. echo_girl_94

echo_girl_94 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 18, 2011
    OOC: Nice to have you back, Zeltron! It's been too long!

Basically. The technique varies depending on what kind of wound you're attempting to heal, but the groundwork is still the same, and your mental focus remains similar.

I see. Mariel tried to retain her focus. Without practice, it was difficult to keep her concentration. Does it get easier? And am I asking too many questions?

15. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    OOC: This looks too familiar...To Darth Furio, me. [face_thinking]

16. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    OOC: Thanks, Echo! It has been much too long!

//I see. Does it get easier? And am I asking too many questions?// Gaan could feel the girl wavering, and gently enveloped the Padawan's presence with her own, endeavoring to keep her focus where it needed to be.

//The questions don't bother me, Padawan, but they aren't making your task any easier. And yes, to answer your question, it does get much easier. Now, just focus. You can ask all your questions afterward.// Gaan guided the girl's mind deep into the wound. //First you have to identify what kind of damage you have to heal. In this case, it is simply severed flesh, so it's not overly complicated.// For a moment, Gaan's own focus wavered as she doubted herself. Should I really teach her how I heal? What if it's wrong? Maybe I should let a true healer teach her....

TAG: Mariel (echo_girl_94)

17. echo_girl_94

Feb 18, 2011

Knight Be'orar's presence guided Mariel back to focusing on the wound. The questions don't bother me, Padawan, but they aren't making your task any easier. And yes, to answer your question, it does get much easier. Now, just focus. You can ask all your questions afterward. First you have to identify what kind of damage you have to heal. In this case, it is simply severed flesh, so it's not overly complicated.

Okay. To her surprise, Mariel found that she could actually sense the damage. Now what? Do I try to...I don't know, put it back together? That didn't really sound right, but maybe it was just that basic.

TAG: Gaan Be'orar (The_Zeltron)

18. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010

//Okay. Now what? Do I try to...I don't know, put it back together?//

Gaan hesitated for another second, then replied, //Sort of. You have to pull the fibers together, and begin the binding process with the Force.// Her confidence renewed, she didn't hesitate again as she continued her instruction. //But you also have to involve the body in the process, which is what makes it a bit more difficult. Bring the body's defenses and healing powers in, and work with them to heal the wound. Otherwise you will leave the wounded area weaker than the rest of the body, and not quite as capable of functioning.// She paused to let the girl work on the first part of her instructions.

19. echo_girl_94

Feb 18, 2011

Mariel worried for a moment that she had made a mistake as her Master paused, but the instruction continued. Sort of. You have to pull the fibers together, and begin the binding process with the Force. But you also have to involve the body in the process, which is what makes it a bit more difficult. Bring the body's defenses and healing powers in, and work with them to heal the wound. Otherwise you will leave the wounded area weaker than the rest of the body, and not quite as capable of functioning.

Okay, I can do that. The Padawan frowned in concentration. She'd never considered the body's defenses before, and finding them was a bit difficult.

TAG: Gaan (The_Zeltron)

20. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Kiza - Heading For Main Library, Coruscant

The landing was quick and efficent. Appropriate credits exchanaged hands, and a quick understanding was made. Kiza appreciated that.Those that understood, without the need for explinations. Of anything. Her navi sdoid bleeped a few comments, and then grew silent, as he went into watch mode. She turned, and quickly put away her items, hidding them in her safe box for now. Except for one item. That, she took with her. She would need to compare the notes on the encripted datapad, with what she had scanned. Yes, that would work fine. She turned on the ships defensives, and after grabbing her cloak, exited her ship. She stepped out from her ship, as she allowed her cloak to flow around her. She squinted, looking at the bright lights. Now, what should she do first? Either the main library of Coruscant for research, or the local pubs, searching out the job boards?

With a deft movement, she quickly turned, and headed for the library. She opted for research first. The job boards would always be available, but the library was time sensative. Hopefully, whatever foolishness the supposed Sith had done earlier, will not have any reprocussions where she needed her search to go. She tapped on her wrist, and then turned, giving a soft whistle. A door opened, and a small speeder bike appeared. She gracefully swung her leg over, and turned on the engine. The bike silently came to life. With a slight smile to briefly appear across her lips, she flicked the switch, and left, heading for Coruscant's main library.

TAG: Whomever, @Rainbow Knight Star

21. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010

//Okay, I can do that.// Gaan smiled slightly as she felt the girl reaching out a bit blindly. //Here, Mariel.// She guided her mind where it needed to go, then added, //You're doing well. Don't try quite so hard, and it will come to you.//

22. echo_girl_94

Feb 18, 2011

Knight Be'orar guided Mariel's mind toward the correct place. You're doing well. Don't try quite so hard, and it will come to you.

Okay. Mariel focused on relaxing and guiding the edges of the wound together, trying to accelerate the body's natural healing process. Like this?

TAG: Gaan ( @The_Zeltron)

23. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    IC: Darth Furio - Valley of the Dark Lords - Korriban

As he walked into the burial chamber he noted it was quite, dank, and dark. He had half expected to be killed as soon as he had walked into the chamber by Hord and his mindless minions. Except this time there was no stirring in the tomb which he concluded was another bad sign. Perhaps the Dark Lord felt that he was not even worthy enough to speak to now, and yet he was allowed to live. As he reached out in the Force the Dark Side quietly spoke to him but there was no overwhelming rush of it like the last time he was there. He could not feel the Dark Side like he used to but the feeling was becoming much stronger as he started to realize that he was incomplete without it. As he stood he raged and angered with himself in a personal battle with what he was now and what he had been previously.

No more would he feel sorry for others and their meagre plights with their less than satisfying lives, he understood that now. He would take what he felt was his and fight for it, with his very life if he had to. Whoever stepped up would be knocked back down and wish they hadn’t crossed his path. Be it Jedi, Sith, alien, or whatever. He wouldn’t stop until he took it all back and instilled his domination again, starting with the pathetic Jedi Order. He wouldn’t apologize for what he was because that was the way of the Sith. Betrayal, death, and above all, power over all. He would return and become that regardless of his personal hardships and problems. He would not feel sorry for himself ever again. He began to sense the whispers of the Dark Side had become voices and as he basked in this they became roars to his delight.

He could wait no longer and called out to the Dark Lord Tulak Hord but heard no response. His anger rose even more now as he became frustrated with Hord as he had assumed the essence would appear again at least to insult him about his previous run-ins with the Jedi and his relationship with Gaan. He knew that he could not ever let that cloud his judgement again, but he would confront the issue if he had to, there was too much history to leave it be. He stood on the middle of the room and lashed out with Force Lightning filling the room with light. He knew now that he had to have a realization of his own self, his own power, he had to believe he was the Dark Lord.

Darth Furio had returned and all would pay, Jedi Master Darius Baron especially. Furio's personal rivalery with him did not end well as Furio remembered killing Baron's former Sith master and not getting a chance to end the Jedi once and for all. It did not matter because now Furio was ready to return to Coruscant for him and all else who stood in his way. With that Furio took one more look around the room and spat on the floor in defiance. Furio would make one stop first, the home of his former self. Corellia

TAG: No One, or if someone would like to sense his return.

24. Lord Anguish

Sep 4, 2012

En Route to Coruscant, Druckenwell

Anguish wondered why they didn't call the world 'drunkenwell', since that seemed to a be a favorite pass-time among its many human inhabitants. Not to say the planet didn't have its charms. It was quite over populated, and it boasted almost coruscati city structures, except for its vast seas. Of note, Coruscant itself was said to have had seas once, before the cities swallowed them whole.

Nevertheless, 'drunkenwell' was a useful port, despite all its zoning restrictions, which to a sith assassin, were but child's play to circumvent. Keeping a low profile, Anguish managed to procure a few 'toys' he was hoping to get his hands on, even parts to finish his new…well, the details weren't important at the moment.

Still, there was something 'dark' about the planet, and Anguish found that he was pleased by it. Though he would've liked to explore more, he was quite eager to reach Coruscant, though he understood the need to be discreet. To that end, he shortened his stay on the 'corporate planet'. That night, Anguish had another strange dream, much different from the ones he's had before, this one, a lot more palpable. A dark hand emerged from space and grasped at a floating multi-facetted jewel, which trembled at the hand's approach, then began to crack. The sound of it had woken him suddenly.

As usual, the young sith assassin was intrigued by this latest dream. He considered them coded messages, not unlike Destro's encrypted datapad, which was proving to be more of a challenge than he originally expected. As was his custom, he had checked if there were any interesting bounties on Druckenwell, but didn't find any that peaked his interest enough to extend his stay, thus, he decided to leave early. After meditating on the dream, he surmised that there was more to it. The dream was accompanied by an undeniable disturbance in the 'darkside of the Force', so he knew it to be important.

That morning, Anguish arranged for passage aboard a different freighter, another private trading vessel. He already knew that his next port would be, 'profitable', as many skilled beings could be found there, for the right price, should one know where to look. So, without further delay, Anguish, traveling under a pseudonym, gathered his belongings and boarded the vessel with all due discretion. Yes, he couldn't wait to get to Coruscant, but the key to unlocking Destro's datapad and the secret information he needed to hunt down the holocron, he was certain he'd find them in... Corellia.

'Through power, I gain Victory….'

TBC O:)[face_whistling][face_skull][face_devil]

25. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010

//Okay.// Gaan felt the girl's mind quiet and focus on her task. //Like this?//

//Very good, Padawan. Just continue what you're doing. You're catching on quickly.//