main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Funny???

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by HippieTrooper, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HippieTrooper

HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    Found this on another board, its funny if youre lighthearted about our hobby...
    http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/108712.html
    Later

2. I_heart_Fetts

I_heart_Fetts Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2005
    As a girl I am exempt from that.. besides, I don't like twinkies.

3. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
  4. TK-3150

TK-3150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm way too much of a bada$$ to be stereotyped like that!

5. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Caffeine should be a controlled substance. Seriously. 90 years ago, they put cocaine in coca cola, and we look back on that and laugh. i predict, that in 95 years they will look back at us "primitives" and laugh because of all the caffeine we put in our drinks... Why am i posting this you ask? Because its 4AM, and i am not the least bit tired. I am however, zeroing in on bored...

Damned mountain dew...

onward...

6. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Come on Gary, you gotta have a sense of humor about it. I thought I was the biggest SW geek I knew, apparently I was wrong since the only one that applied to me was the comic book one LOL
    Later

7. I_heart_Fetts

Sep 16, 2005
    I am insulted! Obviously you haven't had enough caffeine. Are you twitching yet? That's the sign you've had plenty.

8. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    No joke, I once drove an all nighter from TN to FL after a full days work. Leighann and Alyssa slept all night while I drove and CHEWED Vivarins and chased them with Mt. Dews. About the time we crossed the FL border I was twitching, shaking, had chest pains and my left arm went numb. Last time I drove an all nighter I tell you that much. It surprised me because I used to drive two days straight, no sleep, in the Army. I guess at some point age is bound to catch up with ya.
    Later

9. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    What is really sad is that I already had that comic hanging up next to my desk.

10. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Yeah Legomaul, I know ive seen that same comic before, somewhere. I think it was in the St pete times the week of ROTS

It never came to twitching, but i didnt make it to bed until 7:30 AM. Got a lot of ebay work done though :)

onward!

11. TK-3150

Sep 10, 2005
    I was just playin Bert. Tryin to keep my macho identity ya know. But I can relate allot to it. Except I've kissed lotsa girls, even though I haven't been on a date in over 2 years!! But I digress. My new purpose in life is to make my kid the biggest Star Wars geek in his school!

On the caffeine note, I remember and look forward to again, finals week in college. Indiana State University bookstores sell "finals survival kits". They are small buckets filled with espresso, chocolate covered espresso beans, tea, coffee, all kinds of stuff to keep ya cramming. And what ever happened to "Surge" soda? That stuff was like Mt. Dew on steroids!

12. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    After a recent surge of heart attacks connected with the soda, surge was pulled from shelves.

(get it, recent surge of heart attacks) ;)

onward.

13. TK-3150

Sep 10, 2005
    Aha! I actually did some research into my lost supersoda!!

http://www.savesurge.org/surge/about_saga.shtml

Join the "Save Surge" team!!

14. I_heart_Fetts

Sep 16, 2005
    What about Jolt cola? You can also make coffee with the caffeinated water... or so I've been told.

15. TK-3150

Sep 10, 2005
    Jolt just tastes nasty.....in the late 80s I was big in the BBS scene and used to hangout at the "shop" for days living off Jolt cola, Ramen Noodles, and MD 20/20

16. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Oh I remember Jolt cola, we used to drink that stuff before jumps at Bragg. What ever happened to THAT one?
    Later

17. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    I used to have a big Mountain Dew addiction. I'd buy cases of it and drink it all day long when I was an undergrad. Then my first job after college was working in a soda plant. As part of my job I had to taste the soda when I would grab it from the line to bring it back to the lab. I got so sick of soda that I couldn't drink any of it for a long time.

18. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey Bert,
    Jotl! cola is now sold online. I haven't found the stuff in regular stores. Sometimes I see it in a gas station or a friend in Georgia scares up some. My college mate, Elizabeth had foiund Jolt! and mailed me 3 onbe liter bottles.:-D Weeeee.

19. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Yeah, I think the last time I saw one was in a small, out-of-the-way gas station somewhere in GA. I dont miss it that much that Ill buy it online, but I will if I see it in stores again :-D
    Later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.