main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Future Meet-Up Ideas & Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by ForceGhostOfCozmic, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    About 1 in a squillion :p

2. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    Hirrmmm its the talking part that counts Im sure even I wouldnt finish on time

3. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    After speaking with Leigh this weekend, it seems that she would like to goto Alton Towers for a meet and maybe possibly go for her Birthday.

Also, I think someone mentioned Lightwater Valley for a meet up.

Not sure if we have the time to do either of these this year, though AT is open in October.

Edit: Just seen this for LW

4. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Whats the costings for both ? and do they get half price for groups of more than 10 ?

5. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    From what I've read, it seems that for both parks they have cheaper tickets if you have more than ten or more people. It's £10.95 at Lightwater and from £14.40 at Alton Towers.

6. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    A few other ideas that have been chatted about of late -

Blackpool (Illuminations)
    The Illuminations are on 31th August to 4th November 2007. Just before the Manchester G-Mex meet.

http://www.visitblackpool.com/?OBH=746

Dublin / Ireland
    A short city break to the home of Guinness. I know a few people were up for this.

Lindisfarne
    A chill out meet, in a beautiful area of the NE. I'll prob do this no matter who (or if no one) joins in anyways.

Camping trip
    Still very much up for this. Just the logistics of it (those without cars) and which side of North we go. I'll be doing a walk around Arnside area at some point in near future, a location I suggested for camping in.

There were some others, they'll come to me.

7. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Dublin IrelandThat would be a good one ! Not saying that because of my love for the black stuff or the fact My gran's Irish. But it would be nice !

Note to the RSA's Is there anyone from FF in Dublin Ireland ?

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Could always go to NI and crash at TK's house ;)

9. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Alot of those are better for next year, thought would we have time for a trip to Blackpool this year? I'm still very much for a meet there but I think we're going to need a weekend for that one.

Tim's other meet ideas are great too, like to go to Lindisfarne
    at some point.

10. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    There's not much at Blackpool these's days - Mind you the last time I was at Lindisfarne they were giving away free mead
    for those of us who care old enough to drink [face_blush] Plus its a Interesting place to visit and its not that far away.

11. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
  12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Bumping this since a few people had a group msn convos the other night and wanted to discuss what we could do next year.

Post those ideas lads ;)

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Everyone's gone shy :p I'll start then :)

For the NW region:

It would be great to see in 2008 more city/town visits, so we really get to see what the region has to offer - I am talking Preston, Lancaster, Carlisle and others. Also, members in the higher regions can then get to a meet close to them, so far we have been more based in Liverpool/Manchester region. I'd like the core group who are really active go out a little further.

We have some really beautiful areas in the NW - the Lake District, Arnside/Silverdale (a designated "Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty" - "AONB"), the Formby dunes. We could do some outdoor activities around these, I did propose one for Arnside (and Formby) but this year we didn't have so much time. Hoping in 2008 we can get round to those.

Our foundations are always going to be the small mini-meets we hold, where a small group of members meet up for a meal, a cinema trip, etc but it would be great to do bigger stuff too now. I'll invite local members of The 99th Imperial Garrison and also Rebel Legion UK to attend to, we are all going to be more united as a fan community under different roofs in 2008. More on that soon ...

For NE region:
    NE led the way forward in the early days of FF-UK North, and NW is now following in the footsteps. NE was founded in mini-meets, nothing huge in terms of what was done, but I know everyone loved going out for a coffee and chat, or a drink somewhere. I personally would love to see that happen again, I know the dynamics have changed, people have gotten busy in their lives and also some members are important parts of the other groups we are friendly with. But I do know some people have said they miss those old days.

In general:
    There are some meets I really want to see happen in 2008 - Dublin/Ireland, Blackpool, camping trip, etc.

Abroad: If we count Dublin as one of these, there is another (bigger) trip coming together - Jed-Con 2008 in Dusseldorf. Already members on here are booking, and it'll be great to be away from home with good friends. I think there may be a contingent of FF-UK North attending, though some are going as Rebel Legion UK/The 99th Imperial Garrison.

MSN meets: Yeah, it sounds daft, but we had an impromptu msn chat between a few members a few nights ago and it was all good fun, and it would be nice to have a few planned ones, so anyone with MSN can join in. We could also have someone take the notes of any useful stuff (which was about 5% of the last one lol) said in the convos and post it here, so anyone who doesn't use MSN can read ideas proposed.

14. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    If I remember right, I didn't have any ideas for once. I just noded and agreed with you, Dave and Sie :p

15. Ranouch-Heath

Ranouch-Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2007
    And Thats No joke ither We had a Mass MSN chat Tim Cozmic me and Sie from 10.30pm unitl 3am

A few Idea's were put around one from tim I liked was a FFUK N meet and weekend in LINDISFARNE on the North East coast (and if the weathers good make it a camping weekend)
    http://www.lindisfarne.org.uk/
    Another idea was a beach party with games and a good laugh rather than have us sitting in a Pub,

At Some point in 2008 Im gonna do the Coast to coast walk startig over in the NW so any of the NW members want to see me off Feel free !
    Ill be doing it for charity http://www.unicef.org/

16. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Aye, Lindisfarne is somewhere I'd like to go

17. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Lindisfarne will definitely be a chill-out meet, perhaps not for everyone.

Just been showing Coz another idea (which I think someone has mentioned in the past) - paintballing!

I've checked a few local places, this one seems to be one of the better ones in the NW - http://www.thepaintballzone.co.uk/

This is the various packages:

"All of our packages include:

Equipment hire - Inferno semi-automatic gun, V-force anti steam goggles, Ambush hood, Unlimited Co2, 140 shot hopper, Ammo belt, Full freshly cleaned camouflage overalls. BBQ lunch - All you can eat! (Vegetarian option available) Unlimited hot drinks! Tuition, instruction and supervision by experienced marshals.

Package 1 - £10.00 *Includes no paintballs*

Package 2 - £15.00 *Includes 100 paintballs*

Package 3 - £20.00 *Includes 200 paintballs*

Extra paintballs cost £6.99 per 100.

An average a player uses 300 ? 500 paintballs"

They also have a deal right now for £35 per person, 500 paintballs (extra paintballs are 100 for £5 with that deal).

And if we get more than 5 people, the organiser gets in free with up to 600* paintballs, so we can make sure it's fairly dealt out.

*Depends on the amount, 5-9 gets you 100, 25+ gets you 600.

18. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

Wondered if any of you Northern lot would be interested in this

http://www.frightnights.co.uk/home/index.php?cid=1038

Ive not signed up yet, but will be doing so because places will go fast, just wondered if any one fancied it .

V

19. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Sounds like an interesting night :p

Thanks for the link, V.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.