main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Future of this Forum

Discussion in 'Archive: Shenandoah and Central Virginia' started by Meriwyn, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    For this coming semester, Friday evenings and Saturdays are open.

EDIT: How many "active" members do we have as of now?

2. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Perfect. What about over break? I thinking about having one right after New Years, although I haven't done anything more than ponder.

As to your question, you're one of three. I've got some people I'm trying to recruit, though.

3. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    I have family coming in for Christmas, but I think everyone should be cleared out by New Years.... I'll have to check my calendar at home and see if I have anything going on I don't know about. I'll get back to you. :)

4. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Cool. No hurries, no worries. I suppose we can think about what and where later.

5. lieutenant_ketch

lieutenant_ketch Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2006
    I know some friends that enjoy star wars but either they live way out there and don't really have internet, or they're parents won't let them, so Not many people on my count.

6. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Looks like I'm free the first week or so of January, so I'd be open to a meeting/activity/whatever. :)

And my recruiting calls seem to be falling on deaf ears.... >.> Nothing so far. But I bet I'll be able to drag my brother in with me. ;)

7. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Alright, first week of Jan is good for me. Howabout Saturday Jan. 5th? And I'm thinking some time in the early-mid evening.

8. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Shiny. :) Any idea where we're going to have this?

EDIT: AGH! I've been gone so long that I totally forgot about Darth OPPM. >.< Thanks for the reintro, old friend....

9. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Lessee ... do you know how to find the mall in Lynchburg? I was thinking about linking up there and then going to a movie or bowling(although I'm open to suggestions on activities). I figure the mall is a good staging area because it's pretty easy to find.

10. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Um, actually I don't.... I've only been to Lynchburg once and that was to watch my dad blow things up in a quarry. :p I'm sure I can google it though. :)

And bowling = AWESOME. I hope it's cheaper in Lynchburg than it is here, though. >.>

11. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Ahh. You should be able to get pretty good directions on the web(It's proper name is the "River Ridge Mall"), not to mention it's right off the bypass. As malls go, it rates pretty low, though(unless you're a clothes hound). But it has a decent food court to eat at before we move on to the main activity, as well as being easy to find.

As for bowling prices, I'll have to get back to you - it's been a while since I've been, so it's probably gone up a bit. It should still be reasonable, though.

12. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Looks like a pretty straight-forward drive. I shouldn't have a problem getting there.

An update on my recruiting efforts:
    It looks like a lot of people will be working. :( I'm still hoping to drag my brother with me, but my dad may have something to say about that. My sister might have to work, one guy has three jobs and figure skating, couple of college kids who may be out of town for Christmas still.... Things are looking sketchy.

Will anyone be there besides the two of us if I don't turn up anything?

13. lieutenant_ketch

May 17, 2006
    the mall or bowling sounds fine, and brings plenty of money, I would gladly challenge any of you to the dance dance revolution machine they got there, but on an easy song though.

14. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    I'm not a DDRer, otherwise I'd gladly take that challenge. ;)

15. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    I've got a couple potential members, but we'll see on that. Don't worry too much. I'd rather have a mere handful who really want to be there than a bunch of reluctant folks.

Oh, and Kettch, I'll take you up on that challenge. Too bad there isn't an air hockey table there ...

16. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    So what's our plan for time?

17. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    6:00 work for everyone?

18. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Sounds good to me. :)

19. lieutenant_ketch

May 17, 2006
    yeah, air hockey is always fun, but there is always the shooters, and the bowling.

20. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Cool. 6:00 it is, then.

True ... so many fun activities, so little time.

Edit: at meetings, everyone should wear one Star Wars-related item. I assume you both have something.

21. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    O.O Um.... *thinks really hard* I mean, I used to have a Queen Amidala shirt when TPM first came out, but that was... what, eight years ago? That was rag-pile fodder long ago.

To be honest, I don't think I do have anything anymore. [face_blush]

22. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    No worries. Honestly, all I've got is a lightsaber. I might just drop that tradition entirely.

23. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Hey, is the bowling alley we're going to an AMF? I have a coupon for one free game for up to 10 people.

24. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    I don't think the one I was planning on going to is ... but, on checking, it turns out we do have one. And it's closer to the mall than the one I was planning. Here is a map showing where it is. So if you would please bring that coupon, I would be very grateful.

I apologize for not replying earlier ... the past week has been ... hectic.

25. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Excellent! Just down the way. :)

And I know all about hectic weeks, love. No need to apologize. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.