main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Galactic Playground

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Hey Folks,

This is an event in Corona in October. It's called Galactic Playground, their website is here

We were looking at setting up a table here to help promote the IEFF and the OCSWS (Any other So Cal FF wanna join up, let me know).

This event is on October 8th & 9th in Corona.

What do we need to be able to take part I hear you ask?

Here's what they've told me....

"They definitely are interested, . . .

They mentioned asking you about doing a lightsaber duel . . .

you will be allowed to set up a table (they can probably provide you with shade in the form of a building or at least a roof, but you might do well to plan ahead and consider an easy-up or similar contrivance). The only thing they would ask is that all of your participants be in a costume (any setting/movie is fine, but they'd like to see really good quality costumes).

The event is Oct. 7-8, you would be required to provide people for both days, though you can probably substitute some in and out if they are only available on one of those days. Camping on site will probably be allowed, and will probably be fairly inexpensive. We plan on partying a bit, and hope to see you there!"

If you'd like to help out at this event let me know.

Hope some of the CA Fan Forcers can come join us at this event!

2. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Hey Folks,

I spoke to the folks at Galactic Payground today. Here's hot information!

Venue

The fight venue will be a small arena with a sand base, think EPII ending battle. They would love it to happen on the evening on the Saturday (Open till 9pm), it finishes earlier in the day on the Sunday so would do it late afternoon.

If your interested in the being apart of the fight go here

All fighters must be in costume.

Promotion

They are giving us a booth for this event. I need volunteers to help out throughout the days of the events to set up/dismantle.

Costumes are ideal for all volunteers, they can be any kind of Sci Fi costume (For a simple idea, think Men in Black). Costumed Fighters, feel free to hang around/help the booth as much as possible, it'll be shaded and we'll have water/snacks.

What do I need to do?

Fighters - I need your names as soon as you can so we can get you all set up and know how many there will be.

Volunteers - I need names of people who can help out at the booth. It's purely promotional so we'll need banners, flyers, sign up sheets etc for each fan force

If you have any questions please let me know in here or via PM.

MTFBWY

3. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I dont have time/funds to do a Star Wars costume for this so i'm going to grab this!

Alien

4. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I just got this from Tom at GP.

Re: Galactic Playground

To: Koroneburg Tenant-Investors, Guilds, Crafters, Inland Empire Fan Force, Road Squadron, 501st and other interested parties

Do to general apathy on the part of the public, merchants, reenactors and others in and around the Galactic Playground the event has been postponed indefinitely.

I still think it is a good idea but I do not know how to reach or motivate the people that are necessary to make the event work. I will continue to look at possibilities and explore information to see if the event can be done in the future. To those few people who did commit, I appreciate your efforts and apologize for taking your time and effort for an event that did not happen.

There were several bright spots that included the light saber reenactment group, Inland Empire Fan Force, Road Squadron, exotic car group, 501st and others that were prepared to do this event and we will keep their information and keep in touch with them in hopes that we can do something in the future. A special thanks to Martina Livingston and Cris Joliff for their untiring support and to Stacy Reimer for being the only merchant to sent in an application.

We will make the Park available free of charge on Sunday, October 8, from 10am until dusk for anyone who would like to come out and play sci-fi for the day. Crossroads will supply refreshments. Hope to see you then.

Sincerely,

Tom Wilson

:_| Thanks for all of you who had volunteered for this event. Hopefully it'll get back on track for another time, it sounded like it would have been alot of fun.

5. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.