main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Galactic Senate's Imperial Cafe

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by malkieD2, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    What is it with everyone's temporary stay in Philly? Are people being exiled or sometihng?

2. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
  3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002

You live in Philly? Hey now your in my town chickie!! Maybe you need to shot me a pm and I'll show you the geek scene around my neck of the woods. :)

4. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Yeah, I moved here from DC only a few months ago. I just started working and really haven't left the University City area. I'd love to know all about geek scene and cool places to go :)

5. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Shot me a pm and we'll chat about the geek scene in Philly.

I know, I can't believe there's a geek scene in Philly myself. [face_laugh]

6. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Thank goodness, there's a geek scene almost everywhere!!

7. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Maybe there'll be some people awake around here in the mornings :p Just started working nights,a nd I had no idea just how much the boards turn into a ghost town in the wee hours :p

8. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    This actually sounds pretty cute, too bad its not true.

*Warning, Spoof*

Rick McCallum today led a press conference from Skywalker Ranch regarding the new Star Wars Live Action Series slated for release in 2007. McCallum was very forthcoming with information.

The new series entitled "I know what Obi Wan did the last 15 summers" is set on the desert planet of Tatooine and will fill a few 'blanks' with regard to Obi Wan's Character.

McCallum said: "George has been toying with the idea of seeing how Obi Wan became Ben Kenobi and how he handled life as a hermit on a remote planet".

McCallum told us to expect great things from the Live Action Series and to watch out for a few surprises and a few familiar faces. "Yes, you will recognise a few guys from the films as they drop by the Hermitage."

"You'll see Obi Wan try his hand at Pod Racing, train a new apprentice, upset the Hutts, bump into Jar Jar, get wasted in a cantina and stay up all night having a drunken rant at Qui Gon's ghost"

"It's all there" McCallum continued. "The Sand People are back, and in numbers".

George Lucas has stated he will write, direct and produce all 5 series but reserves the right to go back and change things for the box set releases.

McCallum has been known to drop a few red herrings in the past but this seems to be quite accurate.

9. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    That'd be sweet. At last, we'd see the real story of Obi, Beru and why Owen hates my boyfriend.

10. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    I thought they were supposed to explain how/why Obi took the cleverly disguised name of "Ben Kenobi" in Ep 3. Is there any explanation in the EU or anything? And does anyone know which planet he's originally from?

11. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    TEA Black and hot please - a uk visitor to the senate

12. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Oh dear, this isn't like the UK boards, in this country we have to serve ourselves.

But I'll get you some tea this time. ;)

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    However, this being america, it'll be some sort of cheap tea bag. Really, we're much better at soda.

14. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Yeah cheap tea and some people even double use their tea bags. :eek:

15. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    This thread needs a serious kick in the butt!!!!

Back to the no humid = bloody noses . . . I had the joy [face_plain] of my kiddo having a bloody nose the other night and splattering me with bloody boogies. [face_sick]

I DIDN'T AGREE TO THAT IN MY PARENTING CONTRACT! :p

16. Cheel83

Cheel83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Hi there! Just wandering about (is that right?) in the american local forums... I'm glad I found you, there are pretty sad forums out there... deserted forums...

Well feel free to say hi in the France General forum, we are alive, we speak english and we always enjoy to prove it (or would "proving it" be better? god i should practise it more often)! We kinda are Star Wars fans but we don't really talk about that at all. There are a few topics about it but you'd have to look for them way back in time lol

Well hope to see you soon overseas (and that's just a few clicks away). :D

17. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Hi! Thanks for the visit! I'll make sure I visit the France forum! :)

My French is terribly rusty though, heh. Maybe this will be a good chance to practice a little.

18. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I could try to speak Italian there. That's about as close as I can get to speaking French!

19. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    "You'll see Obi Wan try his hand at Pod Racing, train a new apprentice, upset the Hutts, bump into Jar Jar, get wasted in a cantina and stay up all night having a drunken rant at Qui Gon's ghost"

If only it was real. I'd pay to see that, I would! Although we can probably recreate a lot of it ourselves with scenes from some of Ewan's other movies...

20. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    hey you all, if I get accepted to George Mason I'll be moving to your neck of the woods which means you'll be graced by my presence more. ;)

21. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Good luck, Liz!

22. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Huzzah! Back to serious hanging out! :)

I'm sure you'll get into Mason. :) Good luck!

23. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    thank you, Chrissy and Eugenia!! I hope that I do. I take the GRE next month and then the Praxis after that. I have no life right now except for studying! :p I need to party!! bring on Dragon*Con! [face_laugh]

24. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Good luck Liz.

On a different note, I don't suppose anyone can tell me why
    they Saltire (St. Andrew's Cross) is available as a St. Patrick's day avatar? It's Scottish. Isn't the Irish one a bar of soap or
    something? :p

J/K

25. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    You know, people confuse Scotland and Ireland all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.