main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena I'm Not Wearing Hockey Pads! (NHL Discussion, Stadium Series Season!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The NHL network really needs better people in front of the cameras. The announcers are OK. But man the pregame and in between period staff are horrible. Put me, my brother and a keg of beer and we might just give these guys a run for their money.

2. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Sorry for two posts in a row but my edit time is up.

This game is so sad for the Rangers. The Pen's aren't even playing good hockey, they look sloppy as hell.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree. Last night was competitive, this is maddening. Girardi is the only defender that is playing well, DZ is too concerned about pushing. I just wish we had a Letang who is consistent on both ends.

4. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    The Rangers exposed the Pens for a little bit (especially during Kunitz's defensive breakdown), but the result was the same. Pens have won something like 6 in a row at MSG.

So, Rox, what do you think of Vokoun as a Penguin? I think that he'll be able to lighten the burden from Fleury enough so that Marc-Andre can be semi-fresh for the playoffs.

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Aaaand...I have a new avatar!

Sharks played well in their opener in Calgary. Marleau scored twice and Niemi and the blueline held the Flames to 1. And they did it without Burns, Demers, (and apparently Gomez!) in the lineup. I'm feeling good about this season.

7. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    ...and I have anew desktop image. Nice find, BF2k1.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Sharks just hung six on Edmonton in the first period. Oilers getting booed off the ice 20 minutes into their second game. Christ.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    This has indeed been a fine, fine, game so far.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Really looking forward to tomorrows game. The Leaf's are one of my least favorite teams in the league but one of my favorites to beat.

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Yeah....not looking forward to it. :p

Our top line really needs to get going. So far the guys who have been playing decently are the ones who were playing in the AHL (Kadri, Scrivens, Kostka, etc).

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it or not but Center Ice on Direct Tv is free right now.

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Well, that win was unexpected. :)

14. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Ugh, what the hell was that? Way too many penalties! Oh well, at least we're still ahead of the Flyers and the Capitals.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Awesome win, hate Boston. Top line looked great, I can't wait to see teams try to account for Nash and Gaborik.

Torts said in postgame that we might be sending Krieder to the minors..he should take Marc Staal with him, that was another pathetic effort at the back. Girardi and DZ can't play 60 minutes.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Flyers week in review: Bryzgalov is somehow our best player, Briere is crippled, Schenn is already suspended, Giroux and Couterier are the only players with goals, 7 of the 11 goals we've allowed in 3 games came in off our own players' skates, the Devils had 2 goals on 1 scoring chance last night, and Hartnell is now out indefinitely with a foot injury. Can we just finish out this season's lockout?

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    JVR with two goals and an assist tonight. :p

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You want to see something better... go look at Bobrovsky's GAA this season out in Columbus. Laviolette is a sociopathic coach.

19. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Not a good game, but the Leafs always seem to give the Pens fits.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Leafs dominated the Pens, great game played by the Leafs :D :D

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Pen's looked sloppy again. I will say Paul Martin hasn't sucked so far. Neutral zone play has got to get better.

22. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I just hope Matt Cooke isn't going to revert to his old ways. He was so good last year, and he's much more effective when he's not making cheap shots.

Oh well, the Flyers are still 0 and 3. HA!

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Lucky to escape that first period even at zero, Lundquist is on point tonight.

I keep waiting for things to click, and then I remember it's only the first week of the season. And its almost February.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    For anybody who would find enjoyment in watching a Ranger stand there and repeatedly get punched in the face for over a minute:

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    To be fair, Stu Bickel handed Sestito his rear in the first period.

Was a good win for Philly. When you have a payroll the size of ours and can do nothing on a crucial 5 on 3 late in the game, not much else to say. 1-3 start, own it blueshirts.