main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Gasp* You mean, the Star Wars Holiday Special is...NERDY? New video by Weird Al...

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Kai_Vandekar, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    For any of us who might have missed the video that's now all over YouTube...

"White and Nerdy"

Gotta love Weird Al...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3mBGODdzzVw

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I love Weird Al! Got to see him live in Sac a couple of years ago. Two of my friends and I went in Jedi garb..ohh yeah..we rocked.

I'll have to watch this when I get home.

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Oh Gods...gasping for air...[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

4. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I saw him years back at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. It was AWESOME. He had an inflatable "Bad/Fat" suit for his Michael Jackson spoof and literally swelled up before our eyes. CLASSIC.

I love that man.

Hell, he even made me like the Phantom Menace...at least, while he was singing about it...

"My, my, this here Anakin guy..."

5. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Hee hee! He's our homeboy...

6. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    We saw him twice, first time where he felt honored to be playing at the "Beautiful San Mateo Fairgrounds"

Awesome show, even though on one song he for a brief moment forgot some lines. After the show the friend who ran the stage got us in to meet him and get our stuff autographed.

Mrs. Sid, who is not known for cutting anyone slack, and is not impressed by "star aura", grinned at him and said, "So, you forgot the lines, eh?" The rest of us were stunned by this brashness, Al himself looked up, and then hung his head in shame, chuckling.

She so busted his chops, but it was cool, we got tshirts and CD signed and a grin outta the guy.

Next time was at Santa Cruz, in the Civic Auditorium. Wild crowd, most in costume, when he played "The Saga Begins" out popped all the toy lightsabers everywhere and people were singing along.

He even threw in a song I've yet to hear, it was based on "I will go on" from Titanic, about a pizza delivery guy, "Near, Far, wherever you are, I'll be there, to deliver.. to youuuuuuu"

The guy is awesome, glad to see he's still putting stuff out.

And I'm not 100% on that stuff, but there are a lot of hits in that song that are kinda close to home.

And I'm never getting that tune outta my head.

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    ROFLOL

Way too close to home. [face_laugh]

8. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    I've been a fan of Al's since "My Balonga" debuted on Dr. Demento YEARS ago. And have YET to make it to one of his concerts. Had tickets five or six times and something has always come up. :mad:

He just keeps getting better and better. ..(And saw that he even got SW Kid spoofed in this one!) LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.