main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GIL: Crystal Skull/Indiana Jones Fans Social Thread

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by FORCEFED, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I must apologize for my absence lately. The new semester just started, and right out of the gate, I'm in the process of making a ten minute film from a script I wrote. Besides the writing I'm acting, directing, co-editing and creating the props. It's only a five person crew for a class project and so I'm absolutely wiped out and have zero time for anything else and it will be that way until we premier the film at the end of the month.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    No worries, Gobi. I completely understand where you're coming from in terms of school work. Do what you need to do and come back refreshed. ;)

It sounds like an interesting project, though. I wish you the best of luck with that!

3. Hitchhiking_Ghost

Hitchhiking_Ghost Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2008
    When the crypt goes creak,
    and the tombstones quake.
    Spooks come out for a swinging wake.
    Happy haunts materialize,
    and begin to vocalize.
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

I believe it's time to spread some holiday cheer, eh?

[face_pumpkin] Happy Halloween! [face_pumpkin]

4. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I am fan of Indian Jones, world famous archeologist.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Indian Jones, huh?

That's a new one. :p

6. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    That's the Bollywood version.

7. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Isn't that how Lao says it in TOD.

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...never noticed that before. Now I'm curious.

9. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Pretty sure that's how he says it since he has the accent going as he speaks English.

One thing we can settle on for sure is you can keep the girl he'll find another ha haha!

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey all,

I just wanted to throw out some ideas I had in mind for the forum and I wanted to get your feedback on them.

First of all, what does everything think if we start up a trivia contest? It would be based on all things Lucasfilm, not just Indy and hopefully we can set it up in such a way that we can have colors and a title for the winner.

Another idea I was throwing around involved a top 100 scenes countdown centered around the Indiana Jones trilogy; similar to what went on in both the CT and PT forums recently.

Thoughts?

11. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I think those are excellent ideas. Winning colors always invites more traffic. And it would be fun to have a top 100 scenes thing too.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Great!

I'm going to start working on putting together the 100 scenes countdown.

And in terms of the trivia challenge, it would be great to have a host for that. Any volunteers?

13. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I think in terms of the 100 scenes, have the users here send you a pm with a list of their top 20 favorite scenes from the series, and tally them up like a vote. You can even publicize it in the around the boards feature, so folks who aren't regulars will participate, and I would be more than willing to send out pm's to anybody who has shown activity here in the last year to try and get them to participate. That way we will have a lot of scenes compiled together and it will make your job easier and be a more accurate reflection of what the userbase thinks are the best scenes.

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Great ideas so far!

I was thinking this over and I think that maybe the list of 20 may be too much to come up with. It's pretty hard to number things on a top whatever list after 10, so maybe we should limit the list to 10 scenes. This is where a point system will come into effect. Each number will have a certain amount of points awarded to it and I will compile the list from that.

15. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Just tell me when you want to start it. You make the master thread with the rules, about pming your top 10 list to you etc, and I will help you out by advertising in pm's to anyone who has been active on this forum in the last year, and don't forget to get it advertised in around the boards as well.

16. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey guys, I'm a huge Indy fan and have only been to this side of the boards like once. [face_shame_on_you] It's about time a came over. Thought I'd stop in here first. [face_peace]

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome, GunganFan! It's great to have you! :)

Typho, I plan to work on the opener when I get out of work and hopefully I can post it up tonight. As soon as you see it posted, feel free to let the PMs fly. Hopefully I can make it into the tail end of this week's Around the Boards update before it gets posted as well.

18. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm all for a Top Scenes and Trivia challenge! Sounds interesting. :D Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.