main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive GM Training Game Thought, or Alternate GMing Concept

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Sinrebirth , Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Apologies for the delay, guys - was away, then fell sick... [face_tired]

Name: Selene Artigan
    Species: Human
    Planet of Birth: Pantolomin
    Appearance: Black hair, dark brown eyes, mildly tanned skin and a slight build.
    Rank & Affiliation: Apprentice, Jedi Order
    The Force: Yes
    Weapons: Lightsaber, blaster
    Equipment: Comlink, utility belt, flightsuit
    Bio: Selene was born on Pantolomin, but spent the first few years of her life on Coruscant where her father was stationed. Voren Carivus was an Imperial General assigned to Coruscant's starfighter defence, a position he had risen to after serving with distinction in the TIE fighter corps. Then came Alderaan, and it all came crashing down. For while Selene's mother was a Pantolomin native, her father was from Alderaan, and he did not take the destruction of his home planet at the Empire's hands lightly. He arranged for his wife and daughter to move back to Pantolomin, and for himself to join the Rebellion.

He succeeded at the former and failed at the latter, rather than the other way around. Selene's father was discovered, tried and executed as a traitor. She was twelve.

As soon as she was able, Selene joined the Rebellion as an X-Wing pilot. She had some early experience with TIE fighters - her father snuck her into simulators on occasion - which served her well, and she flew several missions against the Empire. Then a chance meeting with a Jedi revealed that she was Force sensitive, and she transferred to the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Name: Cesca Dusa
    Planet of Birth: Naboo
    Appearance: A hard-faced woman with little else to distinguish her feature wise. Brown hair, brown eyes, moderately pale skin. Black flightsuit is often attached to her form.
    Rank & Affiliation: Captain, New Republic Starfighter Command.
    The Force: No
    Weapons: Holdout blaster, standard blaster.
    Equipment: Comlink, datapad, personal shielded TIE Interceptor, brought with her to the Rebellion in 11 ABY
    Bio: Cesca Dusa was born on Naboo, in 17 BBY, to two moderately rich parents. One was an Imperial sympathiser who died at the Battle of Turkana, and the other, her mother, a Rebel sympathiser, who vanished about nine years ago at the height of the war between the Empire and Rebellion in 6 ABY. Cesca has little else to give, history wise. She served in the Mining Guild as a decent pilot since she was a teen, and entered the Rebellion only after Operation Shadow Hand - which was a surprise to High Command, considering that more left during that time period than joined the New Republic. She's been on a few missions, the occasional scouting forray into the Unknown Regions post-Adumar, for example, but nothing special. She is more anti-warlord than anti-Imperial, and vehemently so. That has been largely attributed to her mother, who reportedly vanished during a battle with the warlords, having been able to blame the death of her father at Turkana on the Empire anyway, what with their "ridiculously" un-shielded TIE fighters.

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    So ... is that everyone? Shall we start reviewing/approving?

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Still waiting on Hammurabi, I think.

5. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Yep, although I haven´t seen him around much for the last few weeks. Begin approving? He can always join the process later, can he?

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, I approve of everyone. [face_peace] Everyone else satisfied?

Who wants to put up the thread, and who wants to start? We can decide randomly, or the one most interested in starting can do so. The putting-up thread thing I can do, if wanted.

7. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Sorry for the wait, my life has accelerated on me in the past few weeks. Not that it's not at least partially my fault.

Anyways, I'll have a CS posted tonight.

8. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    You created it, so you post it. :p

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Okedokes - and who would like to begin the first month of GMing? I can start us of, of course, after Hamm drops off his CS.

10. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Well, after two entirely different incarnations, here it is.

Name: Mari Piers
    Planet of Birth: Alderaan
    Appearance: Tall and fairly skinny. Loose brown hair. Youthful features.
    Rank & Affiliation: Republic Diplomat.
    The Force: Force sensitive, but unaware of sensitivity.
    Weapons: His wits, charm, and guile. As well as a holdout blaster, but he?s never had to use that.
    Equipment: Commlink and datapad.
    Bio: Born on Alderaan nine years before the Battle of Yavin. His family was at their lake house on Naboo when the Empire destroyed the planet, and they remained there in the aftermath of the tragedy. The disaster inspired him, even from a young age, to dedicate himself to total pacifism and opposition to violence. This resolution (as well as his outspoken support of the Rebellion) got him beat up a couple times growing up. But Mari quickly got better at working his way out of fights - and he learned to less publicly support the Rebellion. Exceptionally intelligent and perceptive, Mari was already a talented manipulator of people by the time he left Naboo at the age of 17 to study Interplanetary Relations on Coruscant. However, when the Empire retook Coruscant, Mari was displaced from the city-planet. During this time, he met the diplomat Tresk Im?nel, whom he worked alongside and studied under for three years before joining the New Republic Diplomatic Corps in 13 ABY. Despite some encouragement to join the New Republic Intelligence agency, he?s more comfortable as a diplomat. However, he was a key player in a recent joint effort to bring down Caglua the Hutt?s crime ring. Following this recent success, he was brought in on the FarStar mission for his skills in understanding and manipulating other people.

I'd like to know what others think about this one; I found wading through the period between 5ABY and 15ABY to be very difficult for this non-EUer, so any issues relating to the EU or canon should be brought up directly.

And if there's no place in this RP for a pacifist diplomat, tell me up front. I like this character, but I've got another I could finish up and send in that might better suit this RP.

11. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Everything depends on how the missions are designed, obviously, but as the seconday advisor-trainer (S.A.T.) I´d say a pacifist has a lot of potential. When you search for someone in the unknown parts of space where god-knows-who rules a lot depends on making people talk.

A diplomat is perfect for that.

12. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    So, in order of things.

Concerning approval: No big issues. I doubt something like a curved lightsaber-blade is possible. But I can life with that. Hamm´s character might actually work perfectly fine within my segment.

Concerning Opening: Yeah, Sinre. You should bring it up, as maybe you will have new trainees along the way.

Concerning First GM: I am right now on a schedule. And I came up with two ideas who aren´t really a good opening. Why don´t you or Fin do the first few, then we take over and go from there, Sinre.

Concerning Procedure: How many posts/month will everyone of us be GM? Round about?

13. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    I would begin. But this week would not be a good idea as I am busy. But if everyone can wait for another day, I´d give the FarStar a first shot . . . We should use chapters, with everyone having his own to name and so on . . . part of GMing I think is to have marketable names.
    So, bringing it up, character reposting and then . . . next week I begin?

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Sounds good to me. I'll post it up, and Rachel can start.

Are we running for a month each, or two, or even a 'chapter' each? I am appallingly bad at the chapter system, but I think that's because my RPGs get so massive in scale. That's my last question, nonetheless. But Hamm, your character would fit pretty well into my segment, so not problems there. I have some Inquisitor malarkey planned, so I should probably go a little later than everyone else anyway.

15. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    I suggest "Fin-style" Chapters? About 100 posts long and telling one small story, then move on? Was my idea about it. I actually have two stories, of which one might be a good entry-point.

What about the END? I know most games never have one, but we probably should decide early who is doing the finale . . . coming to terms with the end is always part of the job, too. Isn´t it?

I am ready within´ the next few days. Bring it up whenever you want Sinrebirth.

16. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    I assume this is on hold until the boards recover from their sudden mass-player-absence?

17. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Would there still be interest in this? Or have our participants all vanished?

18. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I'm still here.

19. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    I wish I could say the same, but you know my situation, Fin. I´ll be gone soon . . . so count me out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.