main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive GOONS: Blood, Guts and Fire, on Mars and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Vangarian, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Actually, John Doe could very well find himself realising that his headphone set for his music downloads were tampered with and put two and two together and come up with some one from Luna acting as an agent on behalf of VanDeCamp. Say for instance that you had to have your head phones replaced due to a staged accident resulting in your headphones replacement along with some strange dreams while you were in deep sleep enroute to Mars. Just a thought to consider as part of the plot. I mean who knows what you might find in that headphone set that you just happen to drop and some unfamiliar parts come tumbling out. Hmmm? Would you like to take it in that direction? I think it would be an interesting turn of events and a new direction for John Doe and then there's that interesting black and white only vision that John Doe has except when he sees something very important in color only say those unfamiliar parts that come tumbling out the headphone set. Interested? You might also find that such hard work could lead to a real big promotion for John Doe too. Either way the story is about to turn into a pursuit tale soon and John Doe is going to be vitle to the story.

2. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    OOC: Take it where you want. I figure JD is just blindly taking it all in, and it might take some nudging from forces outside to get him to see what's really going on...

3. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Ok. I think I've got just the person to bring that about with. [face_peace]

4. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Alpha-119 is a downloaded personality of Master Chief Technician Kato in an IEC Dragoon's Biopod. He will also have the memories downloaded from Kato as well, including the ones when the both of you interacted before he did the download into Alpha-119's "Meat". Alpha-119 will still have the memory of offering you a cup of coffee as Kato after the dressing down that you were given by a very irrate Nimrod, after ordering him to open the container, sniff and taste the deep frozen sample of "Carbon Death", etc.

IC: "Ahem." Colonel Decker clears his throat and arches an eyebrow at you in anticipation of an answer.

Tag: J.D.

5. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "What do you want?"

6. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: What I want you to do is be on hand during this interogation and debriefing with Lt. Alpha-119/Chief Master Sargient Ken Speers. So as to be a familiar face for him to relate to as far as his Ken Speers' personna is concerned while Lt. Col. Alpha-16 will be the anchor and reasurrance for both Alpha-119 and Ken Speers at the same time as well." Col. Decker turned to the assembler unit that was dutifully refitting Alpha-119 back to full combat readiness.

"Doctor Epstein. Reinsert his biopod and stand by as I'll probably need you for a second opinion on his psychological fitness for duty."

Doctor Epstien complied. "Yes sir."

The biopod was reinserted and the optics came back on with intelligence.

"Col. Decker!" Boomed Alpha-119 as he snapped his head around taking in the entire room's vista. "I've been off line for ten hours twenty two seconds. What are your orders sir?" Dai Wu swiveled his antennas back and down behind his shoulders. A sign of receptivity.

Col. Decker stepped foreward. "At ease son. As you can probably discern, you're in a makeshift surgical unit with no small amount of improvisation thrown in. After you engaged the enemy for about a good half hour, you managed to rack up a good accounting for yourself. You took out twelve of their Burroughs to your one self before they slowed you down with a shot to your biopod. Nice shooting on your part by the way. Lt. Col. Alpha-16. Would you be so kind as to relay to Lt. Alpha-119 the pass word so as to ease his worries, please."

Nimrod swiveled his antennas and transmitted the pass word to Alpha-119. Dai Wu visibly relaxed and reverted to an at ease stance.

"Lt. these people are here to help assist in locating the item you and Chief Master Sargent Ken Speers were in the process of transporting to the meeting point north of Hebe Chasm..."

OOC: After three hours of interegation and debriefing, the search for the special cannister turns up nothing but a set of inhumanly large sized foot prints with a rather large stride of six feet. This appeared to come from the direction of Hebe Chasm to the improvised fox hole were Ken's burned body lay. The tracks then moved off a short distance, then abruptly ceased. Ken's body was promptly bagged for autopsy and later, a heroe's burial. Col. Decker thanks you all for your assistance in being there for Dai Wu/Ken Speers who you realise was going through a very emotional ordeal due to him carrying both personalities on board his biopod. Lt. Epstien suggests that Dai Wu should have the option to scrub Speers' personnality from his memories if he ellects to do so. You concur with her suggestion in your report. Though you also suggest that it would be prudent to keep a copy for review in case it comes in handy for clues and such.

It's four hours later after the initial interrogation started and you, Nimrod and Doctor Epstien are having coffee inside the large captured saucer that belly flopped onto the ground clear of the combat zone. The Marine and civilian Techs are crawling all over this thing and are practically ignoring you three as they record and take notes on its technological secrets. You've brought along your favorite musical player which you are listening to with your miniheadset and are sipping coffee while the three of you wander through the saucer's large interior. You begin to feel a headache coming on for no apparent reason. Nimrod seems preoccupied with something to do with his antennas as he swivels them this way and that way as though searching for something being transmitted.

IC: Doctor Epstien turns to you and asks, "What sort of music are you into Doctor, Doe?"

7. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    OOC: I swear, if they were trying to do some kind of mind-warping through my headset...

IC: "None. I don't really like music. This thing isn't even on, see? I was just getting a bit of a migraine, and was trying to dampen out all this racket!"

OOC: HA!

8. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC AS Nimrod and Epstien: "I'm wondering if the crew of this ship left some sort of equipment behind that is broadcasting some kind of signal, as I'm picking something up in the 2.6 Gigahertz range and its encrypted," Nimrod spoke softly. "I'm going to adjust my antenna to a directional mode of listening." He turned to a young Marine lieutenant who was working with a signal scanner at a terminal work station. "Lieutenant, is that scanner of yours adjustable to 2.6 Gigahertz?" he asked. The Young Marine turned and saluted. "Yes sir. It is, sir. Got a fresh set of batteries too"

"Think you could adjust it to that frequency of 2.6 gigahertz and do a little triangulation with me?"

"Yes sir! Any time, sir."

"It is directional correct?" asked Nimrod.

"It is indeed, sir," he replied.

"Give me a direction for that frequency, won't you?"

"Yes sir," he responded.

The Marine's scanner beeped as it was turned and increased its rate of beeping as the direction alligned with Lt. Doe.

"Sir I have a lock on the head of Doctor Doe, sir"

"Hmmmm..." Nimrod turned to look at Doctor Doe innocently. o_O

9. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    OOC: [face_frustrated]

IC: "What are you looking at, Lieutenant?!? Get out of here and go flirt with the motherboard!"

OOC Note: I'm going out of town today and won't be back until next Sunday night. If I have internet access, I will try to post, but no promises...

10. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC As Nimrod: "Thweeeep," whistles Nimrod, loudly. "Marines and techs, please hold up your work please. We need quiet for about five minutes then go ahead and continue there after." They all hold up and stop whatever they're doing. Nimrod looks back at you again and asks, "Doctor could you please remove your head set and with your left hand, extend it away from your head and please allow the marine tech and me, a scan of it."

11. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: I do it, and just as I am pulling off the headset, I start yelling, "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! OH MY GOD GET OUT!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    After a second or two, I smile, saying "Just kidding, Lt. Continue."

12. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game: The marine tech raises his eyebrows and then looks at Nimrod as if wondering if this is all some kind of joke. Nimrod appearing to be scanning the headset and ignoring your outburst urges him to continue.

"Sir I'm picking up some kind of receiver other than what would be considered normal for a headset in this category. There appears to be something on this craft that's causing it to start activating in some way."

"How so?" asks Epstien.

"Well Ma'am, it seems to be pulsing for a response but not getting it. There's an originator carrier that's triggering it to respond this way some where on this ship," said the marine tech.

"Oh, I see. Thanks Private Biswald," said Epstien.

"Anyone on board this ship want to lend a hand on locating this mysterious transmitter?"

Private Biswald and two civilians-Larse and Denton-step up to volunteer.

"The three of you please locate and identify the source and location of this transmitter. Do not tamper with it as it might be a dangerous mistake if you do. Nimrod turns to you and asks, "Colonel, for the sake of the mission would you be willing to do without your headset, until it's cleared of having anything potentially dangerous in its circuits for the duration of the search? I'm sure one of the marines has an extra set of ear plugs to dampen down the racket for your comfort, when the work resumes." he says lowering his antennas back and down.

Private Biswald reachs into his shirt pocket and pulls out a clean spare set of earplugs complete with wrapping still on them and offers them to you.

13. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "Jeez, why the hell would you just walk around carrying earplugs, creep?!" I say, turning them down. "Anyways, i'm fine. So lets get this over with."

14. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game: At the end of five minutes the work resumes and is loud. Mean time Nimrod does a full diagnostic scan of the Headset. He turns to you and yells, "How long have you had these things and can you account for their where abouts since you got them?!"

OOC: You got them on Luna at Clavis Base just before your departure on the cargo pod. The guy that sold them to you said, he'd no longer had need of this set of earphones. They worked good so you bought them.

15. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC:"I got 'em at Clavis just before coming here. Why?"

16. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC as Nimrod and Epstien: "Well, for starters it has a remarkable array of miniature microwave emitters in the phones and it has an extremely sophisticated electronics that appear only in hardware such as I carry wrapped around my organic body. There appears to be a data processing chip whose capacity to process is on the order of magnetude of 100 times what your headset earphones could ever need to perform as your used to. Dr. Epstien. What's your take on something like this?"

Epstien looked at the item and answered. "There has been a large amount of research into mind control using microwave emissions dating all the way back into the 1990s and with the Russians the 1980s. With a headset like this it would be an ideal device for instilling mental commands even a form of mechanical telepathy where one would hear voices in one's head literally."

Nimrod looks at you. "Colonel Doe. Have you experienced any unusual occurances upon using these while you were in transit to Mars from Luna?"

OOC: Doe gets this sinking feeling that something is starting to make sense. The strange dreams, the odd memories coming to the surface of your mind and the strange familiarity on the subject of the Carbon Death Nano Virus. And of course the need to steal it but no reason as to why you need to steal it. It's almost like an incomplete brainwashing. You've partially been told what to do but not why your supposed to do it. Then you realize that you dropped the headset when you collided with Ironman while turning a corner in the hallway when you first boarded the cargo pod! You remember now. The incomplete message that played over and over while in cryosleep.

17. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "Nope. Just a headache now and then..."

18. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC Doctor Epstien and Nimrod:

"I suspect that if what you're saying about the headset is correct then its activation would not be benificial to him under any circumstances," spoke up Dr. Epstien. "This set of earphones and player should be thoroughly scanned down to the molecular level if necessary."

Nimrod looked at Epstien then at the Headset and nodded. "Colonel, we're going to need these earphones and player for a while until we are all convinced that it is completely incapable of causing you any sort of harm."

Tag Zedd:

19. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "I don't really see what the problem is. I'm just having a few headaches! No big deal! Anyways, you can't have it. It's mine! My own... MY PRECIOUS!!!"
    I walk away laughing.

20. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Assuming that you pull the headset away from both Nimrod and Dr. Epstien, and that you put the headset back on your head. The headache had been fading away until you put the headset back on. It is now starting to increase again with each heart beat. You sense that something is wrong and that you're under some form of attack. The pain is growing steadily worse! But even so, the urge to keep it is even greater. You really do begin to consider the headset to be your "Precious". As you head out side to get a breath of fresh air and hopefully get this pounding headache to settle down to an acceptable roar, you are met by both Bowie and Dai Wu. They block your exit path from the downed saucer deliberately. Nimrod strides up behind you with Dr. Epstien in tow. You feel a trickle of something wet coming out of your nose from both nostrils. As you wipe at it you see blood on your hands knuckles. The color of your hand's skin is beet red even where there's no blood on it. You feel like your head is about to explode!

IC as Nimrod and Dr. Epstien: "Lt. Doe. You will please hand over the headset and player to Dr. Epstien, now please," Nimrod spoke softly.

"Oh hell! He's starting to hemorrage from his nose heavily! Dammit, call a Corpman now!" Epstien screamed.

OOC: You love the music in your head! If you could just hear it a little longer everything would be all right again and this damned headache would go away forever! You feel your body begin to convulse literally out of control. But its all right now because the music is finally starting to make sense as you double over in regurgitation and collapse on the ground in total black out.

IC as Dr. Epstien and Nimrod: "I've got it! Ouch! This thing feels like it's on fire!"

"It's broadcasting enough microwave energy to fry an egg for God sake..."

21. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: Coming to consciousness, I immediately look around, trying to figure out where I am, how long I was out, and who is with me...

22. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Other than feeling extremely weak and drained of energy you feel like a wet noodle, all limp. Oh yes, you have what's left of a headache that's fading. Looking around you,(a bit difficult due to dizziness) you see that you're in a real infirmery or at least that's what it seems like, because your vision's a little fuzzy too. Though for the record you are back at Chryse Planitia Base and Doctor Epstien is standing next to your bed monitoring your EEG, EKG, tempurature and blood oxygenation, etc. on her datapad. Both of your arms have IVs in them, one for pain killer meds and the other probably for rehydration and vitimins/minerals for your body too.

IC: "Oh good, you're awake! We thought you we're toast back at Hebe Chasm!" Doctor Epstien eyes you with concern, clearing her throat she continues. "You were registering a cranial temperature of least 106 degrees when I yanked off your earphone headset and blistered my fingers on it. Nimrod told me it was pouring out enough micro wave radiation to fry an egg, until he disabled it. Colonel Decker has some of his techs microscanning it. He also has others looking in the downed saucer for the transmitter that was communicating with the headset. How do you feel, now that the heat's off I mean?", asked Epstien.

23. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "Like crap. 'Course I always do..."

24. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game: Epstien adjusted the feed on Doe's IVs within fifteen minutes the weakness and fatigue began to abate.

"Your electrolites were still a little low from the fever. I've increased the feed of electrolites just enough to give you a little boost for now. It will level back to normal in another thirty minutes, enough to releave you of the shakes and the fatigue. In case you haven't noticed, you have a feed tube through your nose and down your throat for nutrition to the tum tum. I've increased that as well so you should start feeling more relief all around in a little while. The important thing for right now is for you to heal up from your ordeal three days ago. I've activated your dromamine IV drip for the pain and have taken you off of the morphine, since you're over the worst of the ordeal and concious again. Tomorrow we'll get you reintroduced to some solid foods and see how your skinny legs are doing for walking. Doctor. I'm shocked. Your actually making a good patient and not telling me how to treat your condition. Something totally unheard of in these parts of Mars. What planet do you come from any ways? That is a serious question by-the-way for testing your memory to see how well you remember things."

Dr. Epstien looked at John Doe expectantly.

25. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: "Read my file, gorram it! You know that I have no idea, you frakking doctor!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.