main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode: S05E13: Point of No Return

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 19, 2013.

?

How would you grade Point of No Return?

1. 10/10

12.8%
  2. 9/10

5.1%
  3. 8/10

10.3%
  4. 7/10

15.4%
  5. 6/10

23.1%
  6. 5/10

7.7%
  7. 4/10

10.3%
  8. 3/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2/10

10.3%
  10. 1/10

5.1%
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    You guys know the drill.

Poll results are available by clicking on the number of votes next to each score.

That being said, we'd still prefer you to post with your score and what you liked and disliked

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I've been going back and forth on this one. My first thoughts were that it was another 1, but then I thought maybe I was being a little harsh considering it was adventurous. However, that adventure was incredibly childish and stupid and not really entertaining at all. I wanted to give credit for the buzz droids, but even though there was a million of them they pretty much did nothing and were taken out with a trick R2 has done several times now. It's too bad, because for a very brief moment it kinda felt like the movie Gremlins (the buzz droids are based on the mythical gremlins described by pilots in the early decades of flight). I want to give them credit for the neat explosion, but it's just an explosion and putting the invincible R2 in it did nothing for me. Plus, it appeared that the damage done to the fleet was relatively minor, it would have been cooler if the debris shattered Anakin's viewport. Every thing R2 did in this episode was terrible, I've always been apathetic toward R2, but TCW is starting to make me hate him. The best part about this episode was Bunny and the other droid hideouts, they were somewhat cute.

So 1/10 it is.

lol @ "den out of den"

4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    This was a pretty good episode which I enjoyed; it was not great but not that bad either. The plot about D-Squad having to stop the Separatist scheme to crash the stolen Republic cruiser loaded with the explosive rhydonium from crashing into the Republic space station was pretty entertaining (and I also liked how the team was joined by some more Republic droids; Bunny and the others. I really liked the buzz droid scenes and the explosion of the cruiser was great (very nice animation). I also liked the ending with Gascon finally acknowledging his droid team and when he did not manage to avoid breaking down sobbing when hearing he'll see them around until the end of the war was pretty funny (and I couldn't help chuckling at that battle droid attempting to carry the bomb on his back). There were some flaws, like R2 surviving that huge explosion relatively unscathed, but the parts I liked made up for the less good stuff. Still, other than the buzz droids and the explosion, nothing really stood out but I liked it for what it was so overall, definitely a solid conclusion of this season's droid arc. 7/10

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    2/10 because R2 is as badass as he always is. However, this episode could have done him far more justice, he was the only redeeming factor.

Gascon needs to be ground into a thousand pieces and blasted into oblivion. Droid humor was lame as hell.

Really glad that arc is over.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Eh, 7. I was tempted to a 6 but the explosion was a +1 even if R2 was relatively unscathed. They didn't make use of the hologram crew, explain the need to meet in person, shoehorned in Obi-Wan and Anakin (and no explanation why he was there if it was to be attended by the Jedi Council as specifically noted, not just "Jedi").

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    -1 for even stupider battle droids
    -1 for a ridiculous amount of buzz droids for which I can see no purpose.
    -2 for putting R2-D2 (a classic character) in an explosion there was no way he could survive.
    +1 for the most awesome explosion ever!
    7/10.

8. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Gave it a 9.5 rounded down to 9. Great explosion obviously. It did feel rushed at times, and the rabbit droid's voice annoyed me.

9. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    4/10.

Much better than the first 2, but I'm glad it's over.

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Great episode and a great way to end off the arc. I gave it an 8/10, but I'd give it an 8.5/10 if I could. It was probably the best episode of the arc.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This is like a 6.5 so I'll just bump it to 7.

I think this is my least favorite episode of the arc and once again an arc ends lamely although with a cool bang. Gascon and WAC had come a long way and the premise was cool. The droids found on board were cool. There were all kinds of cool cameos at the strategy conference. Interesting to see Anakin lose it publically with the attachment issues.

The biggest detractor was the encryption module turning out to be the worse MacGuffin in the entire show. The droid humor was back to season 1 level. The big detonator thing annoyed me. It should have been WAC and Gascon going out together in stead of R2 getting blown up and I also knew the second I saw Anakin and Obi-wan the Separatists would not succeed. I knew that all along, but... ok, my attention span has run out with this arc and this post.

12. Silas Tri

Silas Tri Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2012
    2/10

I cannot put into words how happy I am to see this story arc in the rearview mirror. Ugh! That was painful.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    6/10

A lackluster ending to an arc that was clearly not a standout for the show. It had its moments, but ultimately the D-Squad arc was just OK.

The action on the Venator star destroyer was about the same quality as the action in Secret Weapons. The B1 humor was meh, as always. The buzz droids were cool, hope we see more of them. And maybe later in the show the STDs will show some competence like Kalani did.

TCW always has great animation these past few seasons, and the explosion was a masterpiece. Beautiful work, though I'd imagine the debris would have caused more damage to the space station. Then again, this is the same universe where there was no Endor holocaust, and where crafty Talz can build a fire pit on an all-ice planet. ;)

14. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

5/10.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    4/10, mostly for the explosion, Gascon's speech, Tarkin, and effectively using the Carida system from the EU.

Like the previous episodes, there was so much I wish it could have done. The plans they were carrying around were near-nye useless. The lost droids they ran into were also... well, useless. That could have made for an interesting plot. Instead they were just more half-contrived characters introduced at the 11th hour without much of a role to play other than informants.

And Anakin's R2 obsession was almost out of character. I understand he likes the droid, but he was behaving as if it were Padme out there. Get a grip on yourself, Vader.

16. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    4/10 for the explosion only, would've been 10/10 if the CIS had been successful in blowing up the station. Hopefully they had the crew locked up in the brig in the ship.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  17. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  18. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I gave it a 2.

One point for being Starwars related
    One point for good graphics and animation

- piss poor plot
    -piss poor characters
    - couldn't stay awake it was so boring...Ending you ask?? couldn't even tell you what this crap was even about..I think I threw up in my mouth just now.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    And the clone was quick to jump onto Anakin's order to go search for him and nary a raised eyebrow from Obi-Wan.
    Realistically:

Obi-Wan: "Anakin -"
    Anakin: "Don't start with me, Obi-Wan. R2 is," family, he wants to snarl, "probably holding the MacGuffin. It is our duty to see if we can salvage him - uh, it, yeah, it."
    Obi-Wan: "Of course you are right - me bad. Hop to it, then."

20. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    30 votes for an average score of 5.93.

That's a 5, 5.2, 7.19 and 5.93 for this arc, with low vote totals. Yikes.

WAC arc is WAC.

21. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Well earned scores, this arc was horrible.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    A 5 average for Secret Weapons? That's too high in my book.

Anyhow, I appreciate the effort you put in to keep these grade threads going CT-867-5309

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I might look up all the episodes so we can track records, make charts and stuff like that.

It's not that hard now that the search function works, it's just a matter of putting in the time.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    On the one hand, I never graded this episode... On the other hand, I'd have to watch it again to grade it... [face_sick]

25. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    This episode was a lot better than the first two of the arc. However thats not saying much. Doesn't earn it higher than a 6. and that's being very very generous.