main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Greatest Jedi - As seen on TOS

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SquallLeonhart, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    Here's the way I see it;

1. Obi-Wan: A great general in the clone wars, not only for his battle prowess but also for his negotiation skills. To be a Jedi is to seek balance and Obi has this balance. 'Nuff said.

2. Qui-Gon: Just because he was bested in personal combat means nothing in the greater scheme of things. You have to remember that Jinn and Kenobi were the first to face off with a Sith in over a millenia. His sacrifice allowed Kenobi to know what a real saber fight was like, giving him the ability to battle the way he could later on (most jedi have never truly used their sabers in single combat with another saber user). This and his ability to read the living force make him one helluva jedi. I mean c'mon, the whole jedi spirit thing, that was all him!

3. Luke: This kid brough balance to the force! And not only that, he managed it mostly by himself. It's one thing to be a powerful jedi having been brough up in the temple...it's another entirely to only find out that you have the ability when you're a teenager, and then to be taught sporadically, but still manage to have the power to defeat a Sith Lord!(I know...that point could be contested...technically Vader wasn't defeated, and Vader defeated Palps). In any case, he was the founder of the NJO, making him a great Jedi.

After them...it doesn't really matter...I suppose Yoda and Anakin would be up there...but meh...this is good enough for me.

2. poof-the-magic-jedi

poof-the-magic-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2005
    Going by the films alone, I'd say Luke is the man. Not only for his skills and accomplishments, which were considerable, but for realising that the whole "no attachment" thing was a pile o' crap. He cared about and trusted his friends which allowed them all to succeed in the end.

I'll give Obi-Wan the runner-up because, despite being trained during a time when it seemed that most of the Jedi Masters were sanctimonious pricks, he was actually a pretty decent guy. Plus he had some way cool fights.

I liked Qui-Gon a lot as he seemed like he had some sense in him, but we just didn't get to see enough of him in the films for me to judge.

Yoda's cool, but let's face it, he was the big cheese when the Jedi order was nearly wiped out completely. That just does not look good on a resume.

And Anakin... well he may have meant well in his own demented mind, but he had some serious issues. Plus, I think joining the Sith is pretty close to number one on the Jedi list of "Things Not to Do."

(Honorable mention to Yarael Poof for having a cool name.)

3. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    My vote goes to Obi-Wan, he's just the epitomy of the Jedi Knight for me, though I love Qui-Gon, I agree with poof.

Honourable mention to Kit Fitso for his winning smile and general awesomeness!

4. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    Indeed...Fisto is one of my favorite characters...he's just not up there in the Great Jedi thing for me...he was way too unbalanced. Read the Cestus Deception and youl'l get it. He's far too physical, not enough wisdom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.