main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greetings, Starfighter!

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Phlonet, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    Oops, sorry, wrong movie.

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a recent, periodic member of the RISFC, trying unsuccessfully to outgrow my Star Wars fanboy roots. But until that happens, it seemed like a good idea to find a group of like-minded SW fanatics to spend some time with :)

I moved to RI about a year ago, so I'm still pretty new to the area (no accent yet). Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the BBQ last weekend, and didn't have a chance to meet any of you. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity in the not too distant future.

Cheers,

-Phlonet

2. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Hi Phlonet! Welcome! I'm kind of one of the newest members of the group but I think everyone I met was fabulous! That BBQ was actually my first meet though I have been hanging around the boards since April/May. It's a shame you weren't there!

Hope to see more of you around!!

Lisa

3. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hello phlonet, welcome to the rhode squadron :)

we hope you enjoy our little coterie of SW fanatics as much as we enjoy it :)

4. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Coterie... I like that word... (I just looked it up! :p)

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    You obviously have never watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy ;)

Greetings Phlonet! You have been recruited by Star League to defend the galaxy from Xur and the Ko'Dan Armada.
    You'll forgive any mis-quoting, it's been years since I've seen that movie.

(*Googleing*)
    ``Greetings, Starfighter!
    You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada.''
    Hey! I was pretty close!

6. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    As cheesy as it is, it's still one of my favorite movies. What kid hasn't dreamed of having the game be the real thing?

That, and the Gunstar remains one of the coolest ship designs seen in film. I actually did a term paper in high school about The Last Starfighter and Tron... ah, youth.

7. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    They were both always faves growing up. And for some reason I still haven't gotten Tron 2.0 yet...what's my problem?
    Oh yeah, Jedi Academy comes out tomorrow. heheh

8. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i loooooove the last starfighter. great, great movie. :)

9. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Last starfighter is a classic. I only wish they did a model kit of the gunstar.

10. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    I have Tron 2.0, though I haven't gotten around to actually playing anything but the tutorial yet. Its very pretty though :)

11. Essence

Essence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    Welcome welcome!

I am also a relatively new member here. I joined in July or August? I don't pay attention. Anyway, I have been to one of the meets and it was fantastic. I am hoping to go to many many more!

So post away! Nice to meet you :) And remember, you can never escape your SW roots...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.