main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY HAlloween Bowling event Oct 28th - Pics posted

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Woohooo !! its that time of year again to freeze our fannies outside and march in a parade :)

The village of liverpool is having the Hallowen festival/parade again this year and believe it or not..... we were invited back!!!!

(yes I know dont fall out of your chairs) LOL

The event info is as follows:

When: Saturday Oct 28th
    Where: Village of liverpool
    why: because we like you. M O U S E....... (sorry bad joke)
    Time: 10 a.m. parade starts (parade line up is 9 a.m.)

We do not have a booth there this year. Due to the lack of members LOL
    But it would be nice to have us march as a group. We could do lunch afterwards if everyone wants :)

We have the option to decorate a vehicle , make a float or march as a group. So any thoughts or suggestions on this would be great! :)

The deadline for parade submissions is Oct 15th. I am praying we will have some responses by then so we can respond yay or nay to them.

It would be a nice excuse to get into costume again and to hang out and see each other. So what does everyone say?
    Come on... dust off the old jedi gear and come on down! ;)

EDIT: I sent invites to our neighboring chapters so hopefully we get a few numbers :) *crosses fingers*

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade and I will not be able to make it. We have a prior commitment that day down in Erie, PA.

~Doc_Bev

3. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Thanks for the response... Im not 100% sure but I think Ian is trying to rally their troop in Bingo to attend this :) *crosses fingers*

4. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    I just told the Binghamton Chapter, but I thought I would post here as well. I plan on coming dressed in my Jedi costume. Where is the line-up?

5. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    we wont have details until the 22nd which is when the promotors have stated they would hand out line up assignments.

I will post any news as I hear :)

Glad we have more than one person marching this year. We may get lucky and have 3 :) LOL

6. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I will be there and I think Charles will be coming up as well.

7. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    cool, we will have the FF Banner for it. I think we may be able to con russ into decorating his caar for the occassion.

Does anyone want to get together for lunch afterwards?

8. Chang

Chang Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    I don't have a costume, but I had already planned to drive up from Poughkeepsie that weekend.

Patrick.

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Chang you cawn still march if you want... we need someone to carry the banner :)

Look forward to seeing you! try to brainwash Karl to drive up with you!!!!

10. Chang

Chang Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    I emailed Karl, but he never emailed me back. I should be there on time for the parade lineup.

Patrick

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    cool beanies! I will be posting info as we get it. I am calling the promotor tomorrow to see what is what.
    We may have some visitors from Rochester for this, nothing confirmed yet from them.

Ian and Charles will be there along with their newest member Bob.
    We also have Russ and myself marching. I will try to bribe chris into marching as well.

I think we will be at about 7 when its all said and done. If we can hit the magic number 10 for this I would be happy :)

We should have the FF banner for this as well.

12. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Daria & I are in & We might have one more with us. I'll wear my Jedi, as it's much more comfortable to march in.

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Awesome !
    Here is the list we have confirmed so far :) (excuse me while I giggle with excitement!!!!)

SCJ
    Russ - Yoda Confirmed to attend bowling event
    Vicky - Vader Confirmed to attend bowling event
    Patrick - as Patrick ;)

Bingo
    Ian - Mandalorian confirmed to attend bowling event
    Charles- Jedi (plus guest) confirmed to attend bowling event
    Bob -Jedi confirmed to attend bowling event
    Karen - Jedi ??

Rochester
    Tflyer - Jedi
    Daria - Royal Guard ????
    (possibly one more).
    Star wars freak - General Solo

Tenatives
    Jen and her dad

I think I have everyone on the list.
    :) shout if I need to update it :)

I will be posting more updates tonight.
    After that I am doing some marathion sewing and wont be on at night. I will still be checking in daily to answer any questions. If its super important call me on my cell :)

14. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    What's the weather forecast for Saturday? If bad, then I'll wear my Royal Guard costume. I shudder at the thought of marching in that, but it's my cold weather costume since I can layer it. We have plenty of batteries so I will be able to breathe in it for an extended period too. If the weather is okay, I'll wear my white Leia costume which I can also layer if needed. It will probably be too cold for my Mara, and definitely too cold for my Ewok village Leia.

Will there be a place to change or are we getting ready at our cars? What time do you want us there?

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Everything is pretty much outdoors. They dont have a place for us this year to change. Its supposed to snow this week and all weekend. cold. So I would say layers and plenty of them. I am thinking of my vader just to my face warm. ;)

We need to line up at 9 am so if everyone wants to meet at my house by 8:15 and we left by 8:30 its a 15 minute drive into the village. If u need to change at the house before hand then arrive with enough time to change etc. :)

Just drop me a PM if u need directions or info.
    Since there is a small group of us I am considering everyone just coming back to my place for grub,warmth and some gaming and fun... Let me know :)

16. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    General Solo can make it.

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I hope everyone likes chili ;) I am making a huge pot for sat.Figured something nice and warm will help after freezing all morning.

BTW - forecast is for rain/snow mix. So bring an umbrella LOL

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I was asked tonight at my childrens bowling league if we would make an appearance after the parade at 11 at the bowling alley for thewir holiday party. They will provide pizza for us and a free game of bowling if we show. The down side is we have to cover shoe rental which is... um 2.75?

At any rate, I told them I would ask everyone if they would be up for an appearance. Bowling sounds fun and food to boot, soo... just have to mingle with the kids for 30 minutes and we're done....

anyone up for it?
    LEt me know so I can call him tomorrow night to confirm :)

19. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    I am game

20. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, We have freezing rain for tomorrow :(

I know I asked if everyone would like to go to the bowling event afterwards...

It was brought to my attention that we may be soaked to the bone afterwards and may not be able to get over there making a nice clean impression , not to mention we may all be too tired and cold at that point LOL

Since there is only a small handful of us marching and if it does indeed rain, (forcasting down pour all night tohight and tomorrow) there will be a low attendance for the parade particualrly small children who we are trying to be there for ;)

There are at least 40 kids at this bowling league on saturday that would really benefit from us being there.

So I guess I am asking does everyone want to go to the bowling alley instead? We can be inside nice and dry, hang out with the kids and bowl a free game and eat some grub ;)
    We have a place to change there as well. So if you decide to go with the alley and are changing your costume please post. :)

If there are a few who still want to march and a few who want to go to the bowling alley we can split up if needed.

I just got off the phone with russ and he is for the bowling alley.

I have 2 for the alley so far. Anyone want to post their thoughts?

thanks for your participation and understanding :)

21. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    I'm up for either, or both. I am a marching band director so I do anything rain, snow, sleet, or hail. Hey, we call ourselves the postman marching band. Just let us know in Bingo ASAP so that I know where I'm driving to as I need to gather directions to there tonight and then from there to Central Square. :)

22. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    are you following Ian up? either way everyone can still meet up at my house and we can go from there. :)

The bowling alley is
    AMF strike n spare
    1777 brewerton road
    mattydale NY

# 315-454-4428

23. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I say we just go to the bowling and leave out the parade. It's going to be bloody misserable tomorrow.

We will have to leave Binghamton at 7am tomorrow morning. I will call our guys so they know.

24. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, just got off the phone with Ian.
    He is for staying warm..... so there is one more for the bowling alley.

So so far we have
    Ian
    Russ
    Charles
    Plus friend
    Vicky

Tflyer said he would go with whatever the majprity is.

We still need to confirm with Jeff and ryan and KAren and Chang

If u need to contact me call me on my cell. Pm me if u dont have it yet :)

25. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I also noticed on the 501st boards a few were interested in attending. I posted on there with updates, Im hoping they can still go :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.