main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'handmaidens' in episode 2

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by SenatorChristina, Oct 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenatorChristina

SenatorChristina Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2002
    I need some pictures of Padme's handmaiden who's with her when she is wearing the purple senate dress in episode 2 (when she first meets with anakin again). Any/all pics would be much appriciated. Also, when Padme is leaving the room in that scene, aren't there 2 people with her? Who are they? And last, if anyone can tell me where to buy a pefect replica of that purple senate gown, let me know. Thanks!

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    "I need some pictures of Padme's handmaiden who's with her when she is wearing the purple senate dress in episode 2 (when she first meets with anakin again). Any/all pics would be much appriciated."
    Here are some places that might have images:
    Padme section of TFN Multimedia
    Anakin and Padme section of TFN Multimedia
    Alderaan Online

"Also, when Padme is leaving the room in that scene, aren't there 2 people with her? Who are they?"
    No idea. Hopefully someone else can provide more info.

"And last, if anyone can tell me where to buy a pefect replica of that purple senate gown, let me know. Thanks!"
    You won't find any. No body sells accurate replica costumes legally. The only people licensed to produce Star Wars costumes is Rubies, and they only make cheesy Halloween costumes. There are plenty of folks who make and sell unlicesned costumes and props, but not any of Padme's gear. If you don't want to make it yourself, you can always contact a local seamstress and have them make it for you.

3. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
  4. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
  5. SenatorChristina

SenatorChristina Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2002
    can't seem to get a detailed enough pic of Dorme when Padme is in senate gown. Guess I'll have to wait for the dvd. In E1, the mauve-ish color cloaks the handmaiden are wearing pre-senate (when Amidala is in kimono).. does anyone know what they wear underneath? Also...are the symbols embroidered on, or is it a burnout velvet? Is velvet what the cloaks are made from?

6. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Maroon cloaks are velvet. They are burnout/embossed, yes.

The HMs wear the Rabé-speaks dress (in the "Anakin Can't Count" scene), as seen when Anakin goes to visit Padmé and sees the queen getting ready for her senate appearance. Here are several links to pics that may help:
    Pre-Senate Scene

Rabé in the Underdress

You should certainly check out the Handmaiden costume thread here.
    HM Costume Thread

There's quite a bit of discussion on this outfit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.