main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Han's role should be the QuiGon/Obi Wan mentor instead of Luke

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by RAZORBLADE, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Um... I take it Leia's job is to pop out "Han's children" and then spend her time in the kitchen, right?

2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I'd be willing to bet that Han will be a grizzled old man, sorta like someone mentioned before, an old drunk in some lonely spaceport. Estranged from his wife Leia (maybe she's dead?) and his son & daughter - disenfranchised with the galaxy.

Somehow he gets pulled into the action by his kids or the bad guy or something, he's a reluctant hero remember?

3. ShabbaTheHutt

ShabbaTheHutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    It would be nice to introduce a new duo of smugglers or such like to the younger end of the cast and have the 70-something Han teach them a few old tricks :)

4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Han and Lando as mentors... Hmmm, I wonder how the next generation will turn out under their guidance!
    "I have a bad feeling about this."

Episode Swag likes this.
  5. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    I think it would be better if he was more of a relaxed guy who would sometimes give advice. If anything I'd rather have Leia mentor than him, probably on how the universe works or something politically. Luke can teach about the force.

6. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I really hope they take a different role this time, rather than the same old story flow. That'd be pretty boring and unimaginative for the Disney Imagineers and Lucas film smarties.

7. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I have a feeling Han's role will be the Qui Gon/Obi Wan role, not as a mentor but as the character that dies near the end of VII.

8. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Without reading any of the responses to this idea, I have to say I quite like it. It's a unique spin on an idea that's already got old in the few months since the ST's announcement, namely the death of the OT mentor. The excellent twist of making Han that character instead of Luke both fulfills the story trope established in both previous trilogies, and addresses the apparently necessary death of Han Solo -- all with a fresh approach by having the repercussions of the death descend on his son's head. It's rather tidy plotting and I like it a lot.

That said, I'd like to gently suggest that you stop putting apostrophes into plural forms -- it's "ways of the Force", not "way's of the Force" -- and insert them instead into possessive cases -- "Anakin's journey", not "anakins journey". This will make your text easier to read. Thanks! :cool:

9. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Leia should be the new Mon Mothma, the political head of the new Republic. She has the diplomatic experience and is a princess after all.

Han should be the military commander of all Republic forces, land/sea/air/space.

Luke should be off to the sidelines being mysterious. :)

10. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

Yea, but by the end of ROTJ, I get the sense that he's all in.

11. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    ugh, double post.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Nah, it doesn't sound true to Han Solo. Luke should be the mentor throughout episodes VII-IX

13. SPACEMONKEY20

SPACEMONKEY20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    If he's not dead (Solo), I think Ford should be cast as Admiral Solo. Salty old ********* that knows a thing or two, doesn't want to be bogged down with minutiae and/or politics, loved and hated, and just a general badass that can still get the job done.