main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Sigh. It's kind of late to bring in these old farts, no? Besides Luke, everyone else seems kind of weird to bring back. I mean, what the hell are they going to have them do, complain and argue with each other all movie? Sigh. I hope they have a lot of kids. At least that way we'll get to experience new and hopefully interesting characters again.

Zane the Reaper likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Sigh. I don't know how many times it has to be brought up but was Obi-Wan interesting enough in the OT? Or Yoda or Darth Vader or Palpatine? Who CARES how old they are? They will add more gravitas to the ST and they definitely belong IMO.

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Old farts? Ouch, that kinda hurts my soul...

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *sigh* When 60+ years old you reach, and as beloved as these people have been since oh, before you were born, perhaps you will understand...

5. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    There's a massive gap in the EU that starts around 45 ABY, so if Harrison Ford is coming back, that means his character will be around the same age he is. Han Solo in his early 70s = the story taking place around 45 ABY, which = minimal interference with the EU. The only major elements from the EU existing during this time period is Ben and Jaina.

6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Looks like if they're getting Ford back they're going the Arndt/Toy Story 3 route with this, instead of the Abrams/Star Trek route. Perfectly fine with that, as Toy Story 3 focused entirely on the old cast and added a new villain with great character development, and was all around an emotional and excellent movie. Trek was good too, as they allowed a new cast to shine with only bringing back one of the original cast, Nimoy as Spock.

Echo-07 likes this.
  7. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I tend to agree that it'd probably be best - more original and less distracting - to keep our beloved "old farts" in the background our out of the new trilogy altogether.

Maybe it'd be best to keep the original characters in the spin-off movies.

8. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    :(

9. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Well, right now it's the number one story trending on Yahoo, with the great majority of folks getting excited - even if it's a simple 'passing the torch' movie, this little rumor alone proves how MASSIVE Star Wars is...

Why do I have a feeling it's going to be a two box of tissue movie?

10. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Get over it people god I wish I could force choke some people

11. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I think there is a VERY good chance it will involve a new cast. I mean the past two trilogies the main characters have been in their teens-thirties. I doubt Lucasfilm is gunna change its mind and have the whole new trilogy be about a bunch of old *and sadly out of shape except for Ford* guys. Plus younger casts are a LOT more toy friendly than old guys *just saying*

Echo-07 likes this.
  12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, I imagine that I'm just about as happy as anyone to hear this 'almost' confirmation.

Now bring me the news of Mark Hamill's return. That's the one I've been waiting 30 years for! :D

13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Over what? Harrison's age? In which case I'd agree with you - I've said it before, soon enough we'll lose the first of them, and it'll cut like nothing we can imagine... I remember being a kid, and it was announced that some 'old' actor I'd never heard of, say 'Rock Hudson' (skipping all the ugliness that surrounded his death) passed away, and my mum was heartbroken - her childhood icon had passed, and I thought nothing of it. Now, those of us who grew up with the OT in theaters are watching OUR heroes grow 'old' (my 'first' adult loss was Jim Henson, I had to pull over to the side of the road and cry when they played 'its not easy being green' on the radio in memorium) - I cried when John Denver died, for he was an intricate part of my childhood. When we start losing 'our' cast, it's going to hurt, but we're damn lucky as we might have a chance to see them one more time on the BIG screen where they belong, even if it's just a proper 'see ya 'round, kid...

God, I feel like marvin the android, so here's a brilliant picture of our kids in their prime:
    [​IMG]

14. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    First of all, if Han is in it, that increases the likelihood of Chewie appearing. It also increases the likelihood that his children will be somehow involved. In fact, it would be kind of weird if they weren't. All it takes is him having a living son or a daughter not named Jaina (or no kids at all) and the majority of post ROTJ EU is contradicted.

15. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Still one of my favorite images from any movie, ever.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Luke being the wise old Jedi Master, Han Solo being the old warhorse itching for one last battle, finally seeing what path Leia took! How can anyone not want to see these things on screen? Add in the new characters and 2015 can't get here soon enough for me!

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The movie will now open with the Han and Chewie chilling on a moon, and the opening crawl will randomly fall on both of them, killing them in the most horrifically way possible.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    [​IMG]

Just an awesome image I found on Facebook...

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm assuming this was taken when they were filming ESB?

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Good news. His age makes it more likely that it'll take place post-Crucible which is just what I want :D

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Not sure - It's from a group call Star Wars Rare Vintage photos, and it's undated, but I think it would be - fun picture regardless...

dolphin likes this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It matches the scene from ESB from when the toolbox hits Han, just before the asteroid chase... so I'd say ESB :)

TrandoJedi likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah I was thinking that too.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I just hope Han still calls Luke "kid".

25. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

If Harrison Ford is coming back, well, Harrison Ford will only be coming back if Mark Hamill, at the very least, is coming back. A new Star Wars film with Solo but without Skywalker doesn't make any sense.

Echo-07 and JainaSoloYJK like this.