main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Strilo , Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm iffy on Hooper. He has a few decent cues (I liked the Umbridge theme and the Fireworks pieces from OotP), but in general I found it to be rather bland and uninspired, like something pretty to fill the background. His score doesn't do much to heighten the films, IMO.

I'm hoping that Alexandre Desplat will give something to the Harry Potter score. I'm not as familiar with his music as I'd like, so I'm hesitant to speculate, but we haven't seen a great score since PoA (one of my all-time favourite Williams' scores, and definitely the highlight of the series, music-wise).

To those who brought up James Hannigan -- I LOVE his video game scores (but then I have a thing for video game scores... 8-} ). I've played the OotP game and his score really added to the environment. "To Catch an Owl" is a delight, my favourite cue from the score, and I really found his Death Eaters theme to be a lot more effective than the disconnected thing Hooper had going on at the end of OotP. However, as much as I like Hannigan's scores, I don't think they'd mesh well with the films. I dunno, it's hard to say what he would do if he were scoring a film instead of a video game. [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.