main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] Tell me how good it was!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Mugzilla, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Mugzilla

Darth_Mugzilla Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2003
    I am unable to use my tickets for tonight due to an unexpected business trip which I have to leave for this afternoon.

How good was it? Was it better than ESB? Has Lucas redeemed himself?

DO NOT SPOIL ME!

2. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Better than ESB? not a lock, but some people will tell you it is. For me, the jury is still out on ROTS's place individually in the saga. As a connector to the OT, it was great. I was shocked by how silent the crowd was for the vast majority of the movie. Visually stunning, and emotionally engaging. I had a few nitpicks, as did others. Those vary from person to person. I would give it a 9 out of 10.

Bee

3. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    How good was it? Was it better than ESB? Has Lucas redeemed himself?

Triple Whammy...

Yes it was good, Yes & Yes.

:)

IMO, of course.

4. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    It was... Good. Maybe even great. The thing is that it isn't like any other Star Wars film. I left the theater feeling empty, like someone had kicked me in the gut.

To be honest, I have to see it once more (at least) to make up my mind. But I can tell you this, it is not a bad film, no way.

5. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Of course there have been some who don't like it. Mostly they are the ones who focus on the minor flaws. Yes, accept that it has flaws, because it does. If you overlook those, and are open minded about changing your perception of the characters, you will have a masterpiece on your hands.

It is the very definition of a Space Opera.

6. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    BEST. MOVIE. EVER

7. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    TurnedJedi posted on 5/19/05 10:33am
    It was... Good. Maybe even great. The thing is that it isn't like any other Star Wars film. I left the theater feeling empty, like someone had kicked me in the gut.

To be honest, I have to see it once more (at least) to make up my mind. But I can tell you this, it is not a bad film, no way.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Yes, it left me feeling very weird. I haven't figured out why yet.

8. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Darth_Mugzilla...

I envy you for not having seen the movie yet because, if you're half interested in seeing a great movie, a moving drama and an epic space opera instead of looking for trivia to nitpick, then you're in for one hell of a treat.

Better than Empire? WITHOUT QUESTION.

9. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Actually, I left the theater incredibly lukewarm.

But I saw it a second time, and it is indeed fantastic.

10. Kittles93

Kittles93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2005
    good the first time, excellent the second

there is always so much to take in. plus, i always feel wierd for the first hour of every new SW film.

11. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    It will definitely be exciting the first time; but whether or not you'll love it right off the bat I can't say. I've heard a lot of reports that it's just way too much to take it all at once (I feel the same way), so it might take a second viewing to really enjoy it. :)

And 'sides, it'll give you a good reason to see it again! :-D

12. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    My feeling is that it will be better the second time. So much of the first viewing was spent in frustration over Anakin. Yelling in my mind of how stupid he was and how he lacks all forms of basic intelligence.

The tragic ending was inevitable, but that doesn't mean I didn't wanted them to avoid it. I would pray that they make the more wise decision, and frustration was built, emotions invested. I have a feeling that I'll enjoy it more the second time round.

Hard to explain now.
    The acting has improved a great deal. Ewan and Ian especially have a fantastic job. The Yoda, Bail & Obi-Wan scenes were my favorite in the movie. By the end, they were the only characters I cared about (besides the droids.)

-Seldon

13. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    It was great. I really loved it the first time I saw it. It does leave you feeling upset, depressed, etc... but it's meant to! But trust us all when we say that it's even better the 2nd time through. There is so much to take in, it's so visually stunning. I really think you'll enjoy it.

Is it better than Empire? I think so. At least I do right now. :p

14. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I hope I enjoy it more the second time round.
    Though no matter what, I feel Empire is still superior. Empire has more of a human story to it. Too much time is spent in ROTS on needless and useless action scenes. I don't want to sound like a basher, it is a good film. At the moment, I just don't feel it is as worthy of all this praise as some make it out to be.

-Seldon

15. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    It is simply amazing. Maybe the best of them all. Did not redeem Lucas since there was nothing to redeem as I enjoyed TPM and AOTC.

16. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    It's incredible. I loved it and didn't even notice those pesky little nitpicks that everyone keeps mentioning.

It it better than Empire? Apples and Oranges, I say, but when it comes down to it, I would much rather see ROTS than ESB right now!

17. RurouniKJS

RurouniKJS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2005
    ESB is a much more fun movie to watch over and over, so I don't think ROTS is going to claim the #1 spot. ROTS is too depressing -- but in the best sense possible. It fulfilled my hopes for it and allayed my fears better than I could possibly have imagined.

Oh, yeah...as a stalwart critic of the PT, I can tell you that ROTS is one of the best of the whole saga. In fact, right now I can't decide if ANH or it will take the #2 spot RIGHT BEHIND ESB, which is my favorite movie EVER.

18. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    A bajilion times better than the greatest thing you have every done.

19. Blyte_the_Noghri

Blyte_the_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2003
    It is dark, hauntingly disturbing, and a little depressing. It is perfect to complete the story of Anakin's rise-fall-redemption. For what it was it was fantastic. But I did not leave the theatre feeling great, how can you when you see a tragedy? All of the questions we wanted answered, Lucas did. In ways I wasn't expecting and the timing of them was not when I expected either. I enjoyed it, as much as you can enjoy a tragedy. I am planning on going back next Thursday to see it again!

20. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Funny about it being depressing. The start of the film really fills you with joy. :)

That was makes the stab through the chest alot worse. :(

21. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    It was very good, but i didn't think it was "uber great". I think what the movie needed was more of what it had, although i should say no other movie i've seen recently, left quite a deep impression.

so then: :)

22. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    Yes It was AWESOME. Better than ESB-I don't know, maybe a tie. Has Lucas redeemed himself? definitely (although I never really thought the first two prequels were bad in the first place)

After a certain scene the movie just turns completely dark and intense and after that scene it is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Before that scene it is still great, but can get slow in some places. It's fine though it's necessary backstory that needs to happen before getting to the good part.

The only thing that could make it better is for it to be longer. Almost all of the plot lines seemed like they could use more development. I have high hopes for the deleted scenes on the dvd.

23. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    As Mr. McCallum said: it's "f'ing awesome!" :)

24. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    Two words: haunting and intense.

I felt like StormCloud when he said he felt disappointment after seeing it because it's both depressing and the end of the saga.

Today, I reflected on the hundreds (yes, hundreds) of astonishing/sad/horrific moments in the movie. It's not perfect - at least, it's not perfect cause it's not EXACTLY the way I would have done it - but it's really really damn good.

Top notch performances all around. Hayden is Anakin and Anakin is Vader. There's no more disconnect. Natalie did a nice job too. Ewan was heartbreaking at the end. Ian made the middle 'plot part' of the story a joy to watch.

Though there were 2 lines of bad AOTC romance dialogue. Everything else was ok. ;)

25. Freedom_Fighter

Freedom_Fighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    yea see i left the theater feelin sorta weird too. the reason that is is cuz it's so much to take in, and it's quite different. you need to see it again, i'm sure you will enjoy it much more. i actually haven't seen it my second time yet, but pretty much everybody that's seen it twice says the second time is better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.