main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] The "Spoiler and Trailer free for episode III" club of crazed fans!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth Dane, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000
    Ok, so here we go again!

Who will have the stamina to stay spoiler and trailer free for what looks like the very last movie in the Galaxy we all Love so!

This is your golden oppurtunity to do what several others did for Ep II.

The original club: The first Club

Those who joined the first club, what is your comments on staying spoiler and trailer free for ep II.

Hope many new will join this last endavour (sp?) of having a brand new experience when entering that theatre to see Ep III for the first time!

ESS Member Requirements
    1) Read the whole thread. The earlier you join, the less you need to read...
    2) Present a Gift to the Emperor. It can be anything, as long as it has something even remotely Star Wars-ish
    3) Write an essay about "Why am I Spoiler and Trailer Free?"
    And remember, we are HardCore S&T-Free, we don't want to know even the name of Anakin Skywalker.
    4) Be active, we don't want any more people who just pass by and say "I'm in". We don't need them.
    And remember, the Emperor expects every ESS-member to complete these tasks in the time He told. You know who you are.

DD

2. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I wanna make the pledge but i dunno know if i'll make it.

It's a long role ahead!

3. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I agree with THE_DOODE

But i'll try to stay as spoiler free as I can :D

4. markdil

markdil Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2002
    I am in!!! No spoilers whatsoever for me.

5. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Well I definitely be spoiler Free, don't bet on me being Trailer Free though.

6. JediNTraining

JediNTraining Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    The tough part about being trailer free is that you can't go see movies for the last 3 months before the movie comes out, cause it'll be in one of them.

7. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

We need more in our ranks of the spoiler free!!!

Join us, before it is too late :p

DD

8. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    On paper (screen, rather), I like the idea. But it would be easy right now to say you're going to go cold turkey the whole way; what about when there actually is major Episode III spoilage out there?

That's a different animal indeed. ;) And the trailers themselves...

But the idea of going in to the last SW movie ever with absolutely no preconceptions (except the obvious plot points that we know have to happen), totally surprised... it's very, very tempting. I'm with you on the spoiler-free part-- but the no-trailer resolve? I'll get back to you on that sometime late 2004. ;)

9. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I'm going to try to be spoiler free...However, trailer free might be a bit harder for me to avoid. >_<

But i will be trying :)

10. pkloa

pkloa Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2002
    nothing would please me more than to stay spoiler and trailer free. however, i don't think it will be possible unless you turn into a hermit until 2005. i can't, so i will just do my best.

11. Phantom_Catfish

Phantom_Catfish Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    What is a fish to do? :_|

12. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Why? Why would you submit to such torture. I will be spoiled, and I will love it.

13. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Sign me up. :) I have great self control, so I don't think I will have a problem with it.

14. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    just read my icon, im spoielr free, and no trailers or teasers for me.
    hopefully

15. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I'll try my hardest, but I think my willpower will desert me when the trailer comes out. I'll probably watch it 100 times like the AOTC "breathing" one. :_|
    I'll try though.

16. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

You know you can do it?

Some did it for AOTC :eek:

NO trailers for me, and it was sooooo good walking into the theatre not knowing anything about, yoda's fight!!!

DD

17. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    i stayed spoiler free for 2 but not trailer free. it was way too hard i mean u go to the movies and it comes up- i wasnt going to close my eyes through the whole thing- it was still just as good even though i saw the trailers- as for 3- i dont believe it is possible to stay spoiler free and that is why i fail...

18. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Spoiler free all the way for me! I won't even read reviews on the movie before it comes out...

I don't know what to do about the trailers though. I see a lot of movies in the theater. Should I plug my ears and close my eyes when the trailers come up? I'm still thinking about what I should do...

~*Senoj*~

19. Stitch

Stitch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    I'm a big christian. In other words, when I swear, I mean it. I don't take God lightly, and so I truly mean things when I swear to them. In this respect, and this may end up killing me:

I swear that if I read one spoiler on PURPOSE I will make love to a horse. A male one.

There. I did it. I'm officially in this thing.
    :(

20. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I don't know what to do about the trailers though. I see a lot of movies in the theater. Should I plug my ears and close my eyes when the trailers come up? I'm still thinking about what I should do...

I hardly ever go to movies, so I don't think I have to worry about that. But what if the trailer is playing on a movie I really want to see?! :( Even though I would feel really dorky, I would bring earplugs.

21. markdil

markdil Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2002
    I'm a big christian. In other words, when I swear, I mean it. I don't take God lightly, and so I truly mean things when I swear to them.

Me too. Jesus said not to swear yourself to anything. He said to "let your yes be yes and your no be no". So basically, if you always are truthful, there is no need to swear to things.

Nevertheless, I found your pledge hysterical. :) I too, will make love to a stud if I purposely spoil myself.

22. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Stitch and Markdil

Now that is funny! I didn't realize that we christians were so abundant on the pages! I myself am a staff worker for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship in Connecticut. And I would have to concur in the pledge, as repulsive as this is. Spoiler free is the way to be. The hardest part for me believe it or not was my friends. They knew I was avoiding spoilers like the plague, but they would let little things slip, like anakin's hand.

also, this wasn't as bad for AOTC, but be carefull with the soundtracks. I will never forget how pissed off my friend was when he read the CD case of TPM and saw a track entitled "Qui-Gon's funeral." Talk about a spoiler!

Anyway, so does anyone know where I can get a good muzzle? Or perhaps I should move out...

TAp

23. Darth_Kasst

Darth_Kasst Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    Ha, I first read this and I was like, well I can be spoiler free I was for AOTC but trailer free, I dont know, then I was thinking after seeing all the trailers for AOTC Iwas able to pice things togther on my own. So Yes, I will be spoiler free and TRAILER FREE. If Im in the movies I will just go in after the trailers, since I can figure out what movie will have the EP3 trailer with it. Or you can ask someone at the Cinema what the trailers are, they have a list of them and to the movies they are attached too usally the guy who runs the progector knows. So as Bob as my witness I will be spoiler free and trailer free till ep3

24. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Count me in. Spoiler free definately, and I will try my best to be trailer free too!

25. fan_padawan

fan_padawan Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2002
    definately, spoiler free

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.