main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Heads Up for coming Cons.

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by Sith_Steve, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    Our next Con that we are thinking of attending is Costume-Con 21 in chicagoland. This is not Star Wars related, but my 501st guys will be there. From what my commander has said, its a fun con to goto and PARTY!!!

April 18th - 21st

I know that I am going up as Neo, and USCM from Aliens 2. Chris and Nate as Indy and Henrry if they go.

here is the site for more or little information

Costume Con 21 = Party time

2. qcjedisteve

qcjedisteve Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    no one is going to this con?

3. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    I really would have liked to have something truly spectacular for this but I can't get it cranked out in that little of a time span. I could just cop out and go as Kit Fisto again. I would have really liked to do Predator but my time and money have been spent doing other things.
    I should be fine for next year. And what do you mean no one's going?

4. qcjedisteve

Jul 21, 2002
    Hey mark thats awsome that your are doing a predator. Nate and I are doing USCM from Aliens, and I am plaining to do a Alien! sometime this summer. well After I get R2, and 3PO, and GhostBusters, and I think thats it. :) But Who ever is planning on going post down below.

5. qcjedisteve

Jul 21, 2002
    Here is some info I just found

""Yes it's a costume contest, judged by level of costumer. You can enter as novice. signup It's fun to do the masquerade and you get to see all the costumes close up in the green room. Do consider entering.

Also, they usually have a pro photographer taking photo of the costumes. Photos are offered for sale at the end of the con or on the Costume Con website later.

sample of one of my photos from previous con:

Photos

They also took a back view and close up. Getting really good photos of your costume is reason enough to enter the masquerade.""

I haven't found to much on Party's but I know my 501st will have a party

6. PirateJedi

PirateJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    i was wanting to go as luke skywalker ROTJ my costume should be done by then. But no one else wants to well i don't know then.

7. quadcityteecee1

quadcityteecee1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    --Jury is out on my being able to attend the Chicago Con...

--You can also check the thread on '03 Cons elsewhere on our BBS.--TeeCee.

8. qcjedisteve

Jul 21, 2002
    we just got or hotel room for Sat. Night the 19th

as of right now I know that

Me (Steve)
    Chris
    Tein
    (maybe) Nate

are going up.

9. qc_jedi_xavier

qc_jedi_xavier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    i will be there

10. QCPsychoJedi

Aug 10, 2002
    I AM GOING. I picked up a shift for a buddy and hopefully he can cover me on this weekend. I'm going to book it off so I can go with you. We should of course split rooms for the cost. I'll have a brand new car by that time so if any one wants to travel with me I have plenty of space.
    I wanted to do Predator but when I do it I'll be going all out with retractable wrist blades and a finctional tri laser sight on the shoulder controlled from the left guantlet. This won't be ready for costume con but I have something else cool planned for it. I am very excited and I would love nothing more than to sound off about it but this is a public forum and I'm not going to give away any ideas.
    Not that it matters because part of this outfit has to be supplied from a guy in a Hollywood effects studio and once this favor is burned up, that's it. one of a kind, no one else will be able to pull it off.
    It's a surprise but I think you guys will get a huge kick out of it, or should I say Knock out of it. That's the only hint I'll give and if you think you know what it is, email me, keep it a secret and don't post, just in case you're right. I'll take no chances.

11. qcjedisteve

Jul 21, 2002
    Thats great, But We have all ready got a full room. With Me, Chris, Nate, and Tein. and a full boat. BUT!!! I do think Hammond and maybe Dave is going. not sure. We will of course talk about this at the meeting on the 22nd.

12. QCPsychoJedi

Aug 10, 2002
    Ok let me get this straight. This con is running for four whole days? Is that right? Friday the 18th, Saturday the 19th, Sunday the 20th, AND monday the 21st? Because if that's the case I'm going to need to pick up a lot of extra shifts both before and after to make up for the lost time. Weekends are where half my money comes from.

13. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    well, we are just going up on Sat. and leaving Sun. We are not staying for all four days.

14. qcjedisteve

Jul 21, 2002
    Just need to bump this back because it's our next event

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.