main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Hear Star Wars Author Sean Williams Speak Live TONIGHT

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by EmC, Oct 15, 2012.

1. EmC

EmC Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2012
    It is probably wayyyyyy too late to post this but Sean Williams, author of Star Wars: The Force Unleased II and Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance is doing a live webinar tonight for fans. Y

ou can ask him questions about his Star Wars books/writing/teleportation or whatever live tonight (16th Of October: 7:30pm Adelaide time, 8pm Australian East Coast time, Around 11pm NZ time) as well as see his screen and hear him speak.

It's free but you have to register (at tiny.cc/SeanWilliams).

I'm going, hope to see you guys there!

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Argh, I've missed it! How did it go?

3. EmC

EmC Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2012
    It was awesome! He is so interesting.

Did you know that he wrote three Star Wars novels in two and a half years at the same time he was doing 6 others???

He's insane but cool! I'll post a link to the recording once it's up if you like?

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Yes please! It would be great to hear him talk about his works and processes.

Do you listen to the ForceCast? If you are interested, they have done wonderful interviews over the years with other authors such as Timothy Zahn, James Luceno... not to mention artists, cast and crew members from the films and TCW and others. I wish their site has a search function to make it easier to hunt them down amongst their other content but I have to say I really love Jimmy Mac's interview with John Rhys-Davies.

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I've met him, he's awesome.

6. EmC

EmC Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2012
    Oh I haven't, can you post the link? Specifically if you have the link for that interview that would be awesome. I'm obsessed with podcasts. Having trouble recoding the video (damn you webinar system) but hopefully should have it up soon :S

He's kind of semi-mentored me Adalia and I love him to pieces.

Also super exciting is I might be able to organise a webinar with Claudia Christian, Ivonova from Babalyon 5. Fingers crossed!

7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The site is http://forcecast.net and their show is also available on iTunes and they have their own iOS and Android app. They have several shows happening, they do the Weekly ForceCast which is the main show, there's The Clone Wars Roundtable discussions that happens for each episode that airs in the US, Jedi Journals for books and comics, Collectors Edition for collectibles and specials amongst all those. The show has been running for about 6 years now so there is a looooot of great content.

For the John Rhys-Davies interview from 2009: http://forcecast.net/story/showarchives/Microcast_In_The_Cantina_With_John_RhysDavies_124826.asp
    He was in Sydney a few weeks ago and I got to see him at a special screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark, such an amazing person and a captivating storyteller!

I hope things work out for the webinar, that would be awesome!! Keep us updated with how it goes :D

8. EmC

EmC Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2012
    Ah you are awesome! This stuff is great! I friken love JRD, Ever since Sliders (you remember Sliders right? I have about four seasons of it at home!) Now I don't have to worry about being bored at work...

Oh and AWESOME news, Claudia Christian said yes!! It will happen in the next couple of weeks! It will be in a US time zone (pfft I don't need sleep anyway!). Will let you know the time when it's firmed up :)

9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Sometimes I detest being at the bottom of the planet! But you know I detest it more when the US people assume that they are the centre of this planet and we all must revolve around them.

10. EmC

EmC Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2012
    No kidding! Unfortunately the US market/fan base is bigger. But I made sure it wasn't an abominable hour for us to attend (or me to run it!). It's at 12:30pm on Friday afternoon in Aus :)

You may not be as naughty as me though, I listen to them at work!

Here's the link anyway :) http://tiny.cc/MTAClaudia. I know George Takei has a book out recently, maybe I can hit him up next! Any Star Wars peeps with books out at the moment? I haven't heard anything recently. Do you know Corellian?

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I know Pablo Hidalgo has released the Essential Reader's Guide and Timothy Zahn is working or almost ready to release his upcoming book: Scoundrels. I'll have to look further and find out what else is coming out.