main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HELL!WEEK TASK - Back to the Future from the Past via the Present!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by PulsarSkate, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Well gents, it's down to three.

[image=http://www.kagabujandar.org/guruji12_1.jpg]

And what a threesome it is! You guys have made it right up to the very end! You are gods amongst men!

And as we all know, gods must have their myths and legends.

So boys, it's time to get writing!

[image=http://www.uwex.edu/ces/cty/juneau/JuneauCountyHistory2/JuneauCountyHistory/images/field3men.jpg]

Your task, and you have no choice but to accept it, is very simple, yet startling in its layers of complexity!

Write your memories of your time in the BB House.

It can be in any style, with or without pictures, serious, comedic...anything you like! Include quotes from other housemates, screencaps...but make sure the main content is yours.

Create your own threads - which includes the Title of your piece - and write, hell-for-leather, until you are done.

[image=http://www.lunky.com/images/done2.jpg]

You have until 12am Wednesday Board Time to complete your entries, but work fast!

[image=http://home.austin.rr.com/kathiscorner/WHIP%20GIRL%201.JPG]

Don't make us hurt you...

Yours in anticipation of Naked Thursday,

[SS]

2. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Normally this would be right up my alley but I doubt I'll have the time today. :( *sigh* I'll try.

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm gonna raise my own doubts about this too. Although I appreicate the small window the game is now operating under (although there did seem to be an awfully long gap between the deadline for our submissions in the advert task and them actually being posted in the JCC), I am out most of the evening, and don't get back from work until 6.30pm. The deadline for this one is 8am tomorrow morning my time, and I will be sleeping from midnight onwards. This would give me between 11pm and midnight tonight to do the task, by which point I'll be very tired.

Thus, in conclusion, therefore... I have my doubts.

4. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Just try your best guys - if we have to extend the deadline so that you have an extra hour or so, we will.

5. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    In many ways it's a great shame that all this has had to be squeezed into such a short period of time. We had a week to complete tasks early on that didn't require much thought at all. Now, at the end, when it wold be nice to get a good amount of time to put something really good together, we find ourselves compressed awkwardly. I may have just 45 bleary-eyed minutes to complete what, on paper, should be one of the funnest tasks of the game. And it's not as if an hour or two would save me. Due to time zones, I'd need a whole other day to work it out satisfactorily.

It's nobody's fault (except perhaps epic's) - as getting down from six players to one in the space of a week is hardly an enviable task - but it is a shame.

6. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Your Big Sisters agree on that point - we were trying to work it all out today, with highly colourful language and timetables.

But we have a deadline.

How much time, given that we have until the end of this week, would you ideally like?

Not saying it can happen, but I can...'take it under advisement' ;)

7. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    SS,

I can't speak for Chris, but I don't think anybody's really asking for more time. We're just identifying the extent of the challenge to execute the task and lamenting the realities of the situation. In other words, we're bitching.

Of course we'll do our best. That last task was a huge bear for me given my lack of photoshop skills and the time I had available. Same thing here. We realize you have to end this thing on Friday and you need to get us down to two between now and then.

From my end, you'll get no specific requests other than to smile and nod while I whine and then crack the whip near the end. ;)

Love ya lots,

Brian

8. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    I can do all three of those Bri at once! :*

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    okay then. I'll try to write something readable.

10. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'd like to have tomorrow evening UK time to do this tak, but if Bri and Dave and see a way to do it in time, I will do my darndest to match them.

11. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I didn't say I'd have a quality product, just a product. :p

12. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah, I don't think anybody's expecting War and Peace, which out of everyone in the entire world, only Souderwan has finished anyway. :p

The "write your memories of BB" thing has apparently been used in all BB's past, and when I skimmed a couple of old entries in the closed forums area, it looks like most people wrote around 3 paragraphs. If you want, you can write only, "Roses are red, violets are blue, All my base/ Are belong to you." Whatever you like. JCC is a tl;dr kind of place anyway. They might prefer a cute one-liner over pages of insightful text anyway.

In fact, I know they'd prefer a cute one-liner over pages of insightful text. :p

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    It's not missing out on writing insightful text that bothers me, and yeah I could easily knock of a few paragraphs... but the potential was there for something that's both substantial and lol. Pity the end.

Additionally, I'd like to think that our efforts at tasks in this BB have far exceeded the efforts of those in previous BB's. ;)

14. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    So I just got home. I should start writing. Someone tell Dani to stop IMing me!

15. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Intruder alert!

I think if we need to extend the end of the game by a day or two, it won't matter that much. Everyone's tired, and working hard here at the end. It's up to Ophie and Pulse.

16. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  17. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    zomg!

Well I'm afraid I haven't got a chance of doing this task today. I'm not prepared to simply write a few lines as a token gesture. Tomorrow evening UK time I will be able to do it, and do it justice. But not today.

18. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Given Everton's limitation (and mine, frankly, but less-so), I request a 24 hr extension on this task. Perhaps an extra day of BB to compensate given the great Rhonderoo's kind gesture? [face_batting]

19. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    Pulsies & I are working on it . . . if you guys had a choice, assuming time were no obstacle, would you want 12 hour votes for the last two rounds, or 24 hour votes? Alternately, would you prefer a 12 hour "speed vote" after this last task, and then 24 hours for people to decide who wins Big Brother?

For the record, we get nearly all the votes we're going to get in the first 3-4 hours after we post that a vote is open. A warning that voting is closing will usually shake loose a few more, but that's true no matter when we make the "latecomers hurry-up" announcement.

20. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I'd rather a 12 hr speed vote and 24 hrs for the final vote. 12-hr periods are good depending on when you post them (0800 board time, in theory, should cover most people who'd be interested in playing). Given that the last vote decides who wins, I would think that it should be open long enough to make sure that everyone who wants to participate can do so.

Yeah, I roger up that most votes happen early, but you never know. A lot of people might want to participate in the final vote even though they've been sitting out previous votes.

My two pennies, rubbed together.

21. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    Okay . . . let's give you guys until 12 a.m. board time Thursday night/Friday morning to finish, since 2 out of 3 haven't been able to complete the task in time, and Roo has generously offered us an extension. [face_love]

Dave, if you want to use the extra time to re-work yours, that's fine . . . and so is saying "hell with it," and leaving it alone. :p

I'd still like to hear from the other two housemates about how they want to divide up voting time. Longer periods of time may mean more boring "dead time" for you, and if we start stretching out well into the weekend, we may be pushing our luck with the extension. Shorter voting periods may mean some people don't get the opportunity to vote, and could result in voter fatigue, as people get sick of voting every 12 hours.

Let us know as soon as you can, eh? One or the other of us should be conscious at all times. THE SUN NEVER SETS UPON THE SEXAI SISTER SUBSITUTES OF SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!* [fassse_totally_sssychotic]

* (The "S's" are silent.)

--Big Ssissy

22. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    I agree with everything my counterpart has said.

Everything but the stuff that has 's' in it.

Yours, revealingly,

[SS]

23. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Given the short amount of time we have overall, I'd rather devote a little more to doing the task rather than letting people vote. A 12 hour vote will be fine. Lots of voting was always going to be an unfortunate consequence of this last hectic week, and cranking it up just a little more won't hurt.

You'll have my entry this evening. :)

24. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    For the record, I don't feel particularly strongly on the matter one way or another. My final task thingie will get done today sometime. :)

25. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    No, Oph, it's okay. I just wanted to write a few sincere lines in a very stream of consciousness way. It's way more structured than I wanted it to be :p but it's okay.

Can I use the extra time to post silly stuff in my thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.