main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by freakjokerxxx, Feb 8, 2013.

1. freakjokerxxx

freakjokerxxx Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2013
    Hello everyone. My name is Evan. I have been a Star Wars fan since first being exposed to the original trilogy at a family members house who would watch me after school. I then saw Episode One opening night when I was eight and loved it (still do even though as I grow older certain elements might be hard to bare). I follwed the series until Episode Three came out and loved every minute of it. After that my teenage years kicked in and while I still loved Star Wars, I had other things on my plate. Now with a mundane life of work and the future looking good for us fans, I decided to go back and catch up on what missed. Just started Clone Wars and I am really liking it. I plan on going to the library this week to pick up some EU stuff.

2. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Welcome, I am SkywalkerSquadron, nice to meet you! I also am a fan of the EU and The Clone Wars (TCW). I hope you enjoy your time here.

3. freakjokerxxx

Feb 8, 2013
    Thanks. From what I have read about the EU, it sounds pretty interesting. It does seem a little overwhelming though. Not sure where to start first.

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Freakjokerxxx! :)

The EU is overwhelming indeed, but it would be the same, if you wanted to start collecting SW. There is so many SW stuff out there, it's hard to follow. So my advice is, take a book (number one if it's a series) and simply start reading. If you like it, go on. If you don't like it, figure out if just the first book of the serial is horrible or if it's the whole serial (then either just skipp the first book and read a summary or the whole series). Of course, you always can ask at http://boards.theforce.net/categories/star-wars-books-comics-and-expanded-universe.10824/]Lit[/url] and EU Community which book they suggest you and I'm sure, they'll give you a good hint which books/series are good and which shouldn't be read at all. But you can raise a little storm, if you ask where to begin, since there are more opinions than people about this. ;) :p

Enjoy your stay and have fun reading those books, watching tv series and don't forget to participate at a SW convention/event! :)

5. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Welcome, freakjokerxxx!
    Do not forget to look into the comic series as well!
    I recommend you to read Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy and the Dark Empire comics first since they introduce a lot off EU-related characters and planets.

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome! I second the recommendation for the Thrawn Trilogy and the Lit forums. You should also check out LACWAC (Live Action, Clone Wars and Classics), the tv forum, to talk about it with other fans!

7. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Welcome! I third the recommendation of the Thrawn Trilogy.

Edit: freakjokerxxx feel free to join either of the factions (found below in my sig) if you are interested with any type of RP. Have fun!

8. freakjokerxxx

Feb 8, 2013
    Thanks for the replies. I will have to start with the Thrawn Trilogy it seems. It sounds very interesting from what I've read.

9. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Hello, and welcome to the JCF! If you like the EU I would recommend checking out the Expanded Universe Jedi at Guardians of Light Jedi Order

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    freakjokerxxx: Aside from the Thrawn trilogy, a higly praised (and deservedly so) book from the prequel era is DARTH PLAGUEIS. It honestly was an easy, yet engaging, read which offers the history of Palpatine. I do not do much EU reading, but Thrawn held my attention when it first was released and the DP book managed to get me to read it twice.

11. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    welcome Evan:)