main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX HELP! Looking for fans to stand in line with.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by darth_saul, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_saul

darth_saul Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    I am looking for people to share line duty for opening day tickets. I have no friends that this hard core about Star Wars. I want to be there to experience the excitement of openeing day, and not have to get spoiled by loud mouths who have seen it already. If anyone wants to hook up please PM me. I live here in Austin, and I don't have enough time off from work to stand in line for a week, but I am willing to share resonsibility with someone. Thanks,
    Kris

2. darth_saul

Nov 22, 2001
    Hello? Anybody out there? I know somebody has to be checking this out.

3. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    My group will definitely be there...more than likely at Gateway like last time. You should come to a monthly meeting. We will probably start discussing the line info in the next few months.

B

4. emc2_1978

emc2_1978 Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2001
    My wife and I will definately be getting tickets... hopefully someone in town will have a midnight showing. When/where is the next meeting? I'm new to the Austin FanForce and would like to begin attending.

5. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, its about that time to start talking about standing in line for Ep. II. Come to the next meeting and we can start talking about it.

Big Chris

6. darth_saul

Nov 22, 2001
    where and when is the next meeting?
    thanks

7. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, if we follow our usual M.O., our meeting should be this coming weekend on Dec. 1st. Anne??? :)

Big Chris

8. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Yeppers! It's so easy to remember! 1st Saturday of the month at the Dog & Duck Pub unless it's a holiday or we move it to accommodate the news crews!! Woo - I'm bringing a copy of our 5 minutes of fame this Saturday - don't know if they have a VCR, but maybe...

9. darth_saul

Nov 22, 2001
    JUST WONDERING IF YOU GUYS HAVE STARTED TO MAKE PLANS FOR THIS YET?

10. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    We talked about this at the last meeting. Right now we are undecided about if a line is nessasarry. We have no idea what the ticket situation is, if they are going to be sold ahead of time, online, etc. I would like to have a line because nessasarry or not, they are fun! :) What do the rest of you think we should do??? Everyone speak up!!!

Big Chris

11. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    regardless of whatever the situation, my group will have a line at Gateway like last time.

12. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    When do you plan on forming the line Grendelbob?

Big Chris

13. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    plans still look tentative, but I am aiming for definitely being in line no later than friday nite (May 10th). We camped for tickets and seats last year, but due to the uncertainty of how tickets will be handled this year, I am making preparations for at least the seats. They did start selling tickets at the door a week in advance last year. The release date is also on a Thursday (?!). All of this added up equals a whole lot of not-sure, so seats are my priority...

14. Jedi_Leroy

Jedi_Leroy Jedi Master star 1

Apr 3, 2001
    I've got about 5-10 friends, and we'll team up with anybody interested. PM me or post a message here. I'm really unsure as to when tickets are going on sale, when we should start camping out, etc... Last time I remember there was a huge line in front of the Barton Creek cinema weeks before the movie came out.

Anyway, anybody who wants to camp out lets figure out how we're going to do this so everybody can have a great time.

15. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    As planned, my group will be at Gateway, again. Trace and I should be back from Celebration II around Monday or Tuesday of the week prior. We may immediately start camping out.

16. darth_saul

Nov 22, 2001
    Are there any theaters in Austin with digital projection?

17. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    i heard they're going to be selling tickets on Fandango. if so, what's the point of camping?
    btw, i live just up the street from Gateway, but i've got AP Tests from the week after CII (which means I can't go :( ) on until the end of school, so i'll be super busy.

18. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    Regardless of what the ticket situation is, my camping group is there for seats. Line or no line, we will be there. Personally, like with LOTR, I refuse to be bumped out of a good seat due to some Harry Potter rugrats. Call me selfish or vindictive, I will have my choice of seats.

But this is only the lesser of two reasons for the line. The Main reason for the line is that it's a blast. We rocked it out last time for Ep I, and we will rock it out again in May. If you can't stay the entire time, that's understandable. A lot of people still have to work or are committed on school projects, etc. This makes you no less a fan-boy. You're still invited to rock with us when you can.

19. darth_saul

Nov 22, 2001
    GrendelBob--Went to Gateway for the first time last night to see E.T. What a great movie. Anyway, pretty cool theater. I might be seeing you guys there for EP2.

20. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    awesome, My group should have the camp started by the time we return from celebration II.

52 days until episode II!!!

21. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    Bryan, do you know of any other groups that will be starting lines?

Big Chris

22. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    I don't know of any others in Austin. We are getting more calls from people from our last line. At this point I have no idea how many people to expect.

23. Kimbote

Kimbote Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Hey gang,
    This is Brian. I showed up at the last meeting for the first time and it was great to run into a few familar faces from the TPM Gateway line. I'd love to work with ya'll on another line this year. I just can't camp out during most of the business hours like I could last time. No paid vacations standing in line for tickets this time around. ;) Those of you who were there might remember me as the guy with the life-size Yoda.

Anyhoo - see ya'll at Celebration and hopefully in the ticket line for AOTC as well.

-Kimbote

24. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I can't figure out if I am going to go home to Houston, or if I will be in Austin. I live right by Gateway, so that is where I will go if I am here in Austin when the time comes in May. I would like to stand in line if time permits me, but I don't know how well that will turn out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.