main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

help me resolve a debate

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth_Dew, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Dew

Darth_Dew Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    hi! I'm a newbie; I actually signed up just so I could resolve an argument. Could a Jedi with a lightsaber stop a bullet from a real (not blaster) gun?

Thanks for your educated opinion!

2. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I don't see why not. Except it wouldn't get deflected. I'm sure it would instantly melt against the blade.

Welcome to the boards :) It's great to have you here :)

3. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Welcome. It saddens me you came here just for this one question. Please, for the love of Bob, stay! There's a whole world of stuff to do here, you'll like it, I promise.

Please check out the Map of the Boards, that'll help you out with finding things.

To answer your question: yes.

4. Darth_Dew

Darth_Dew Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    That's what I thought, too. (concerning lightsabers).
    Jedi_Daniel - thank you for your help and the welcome!

5. Emperor_Kilo

Emperor_Kilo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2004
    It would be harder see see though....

6. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Welcome Darth_Dew.

7. Adrena1in

Adrena1in Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    You know, I think the answer would be "no". I may be wrong, but I was always under the impression that the actual blade of a lightsaber was very, very thin. You watch when something gets severed by a lightsaber. It doesn't cut away a thick groove, it cuts a very, very thin slice.

A bullet, travelling at a couple of thousand miles an hour, would probably split in half, nose to tail, as it hits the lightsaber blade, but the two halves would carry on towards their target. It would be moving too fast to get completely melted.

The Jedi would simply have to use some pretty amazing Force powers to deflect or stop the bullet. Or some VERY fast lightsaber action to completely melt it away.

And I have spent far too long answering this than I should have! ;)

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I agree with Jedi_Daniel and Adrena1in. :)

First of all, you really should stay or at least lurk here for a bit more. You will see this is a really great board. :)

And second I think also that the bullet would be slitted into two parts. But I think the bullet would chance the way it flies first. So the possibility is there that the parts of the bullet wouldn't hit the target, but it is small, since the parts are still extremly fast.

*hopes he will stay a bit* Have fun whereever you lurk and post. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.