main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA Help out the Freaks and Geeks!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Allie Fox, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    In 1999 NBC featured a series called "Freaks and Geeks." It was a show about high school life that focused on two particular groups of kids. It was one of the most enchanting and realistic depictions of teen life to ever hit the airwaves.

Unfortunately, the series was cancelled after only fifteen episodes were shown. It was picked up by FOX Family and rerun in its entirety in late 2000. During the FOX Family run, three unaired episodes were featured for the first time on tv.

Freaks and Geeks has been hailed as one of the best television shows ever.

Why am I preaching all of this? There is the slim possibility that Freaks and Geeks could be released to dvd. The only way that this will happen is if fans(and friends of fans) can convince DreamWorks that enough people are interested enough in the series to buy it. This will not be a nonsense internet petition that won't even slightly raise the eyebrows of the powers that be. This petition is sponsored by the creators of the show, Judd Apatow and Paul Feig. They will be personally lobbying the DreamWorks folks for this to happen.

Please help out by signing up at Freaks and Geeks.com and Thank You for your support!

Cheers!

2. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    :eek:

I loved that show!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'll go! :D

Thanks for telling us! :D

Oh, and btw, I'm your Augustan Raider neighbor! :p

God bless!

-Malz

3. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I never saw the show but I've heard it had a lot of SW's references.

Malz4Jesus - Glad to see you visiting. Cool handle name too.

4. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    F&G was an awesome show. My favorite of all time in fact. My idea to post a link on the main TF.n page garnered a "Thanks" from the series creator Judd Apatow. Pretty cool!

5. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Cool! :D

Thanks Admiral! :D

Maybe our FF's can meet up sometime! :D Anyone going to Dragon*Con? ?[face_plain] :)

God bless!

-Malz

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I signed it, they have over 17,000 signatures so far... that is pretty good I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.