main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Here We Go, Steelers, Here We Go

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Chris Hoke retires. Too bad, but not really surprising. He'd be 36 next season and is still having some neck injury-related problems. Solid backup. I wonder if he'll end up coaching at BYU someday soon.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Have a really bad feeling the Ward situation is going to end ugly. Lots of reports out, saying he'll be cut, he's willing to restructure, the young WRs want him around, the team can't afford him. There aren't many ways this ends well, and I just hope today's statement by Ward isn't him trying to cover his butt if he's cut so he can make the team look bad.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Unless he wants to play for 1 million this year I don't think it's going to happen. Ward was our work horse for years but it comes down to money and his lack of wanting to retire. He's a 4th or 5th receiver on just about any team in the league. It just doesn't make sense to bring him back when that money could be spent elsewhere. He was obviously out of gas all year. It's time to hang em up Hines or join the coaching staff.

4. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    It's a soap opera.

You can't forget the "drama" between Ben and new OC Todd Haley. Apparently, they haven't met in person yet.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  6. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    No surprise there, but still sad to see. Steelers should be done with their cuts now, though, and should be able to focus on signing and resigning players.

7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So very glad and relieved that Hines Ward has retired as a Steeler. I just simply did not want to see him in another uniform.

8. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    It would have been a strange sight, indeed.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Me too. He must not have liked what free agency shot his way.

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Feels like home....mmmm

11. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Posting with my icon for the season ...

12. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Also glad Ward retired a Steeler. Didn't know Hoke retired till I just read this thread, lol. He could've started for some teams the last time I saw him, which may have actually been 2 years ago. I guess right out the gate we'll see how we measure up vs Peyton's new team. Or how Peyton measures up. Or both.

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Harrison said on his Facebook he didn't practice again today. It will be a game time decision. He should just rest and aim for week 2. He was originally supposed to miss week one to begin with. Let Clark rush Payton.

14. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    So, not a bad place to spend a Friday morning.

[​IMG]

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  16. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Surprisingly, Ben's not on the least liked list.