main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East Heroes CON 2008 - NORTH CAROLINA's largest regional Con of the YEAR

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by IamaSith, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    HEROES CONVENTION was founded in 1982 by Shelton Drum, owner of Charlotte's Heroes Aren't Hard To Find comics shop. Since then the convention has become famous for its comics-first and family-friendly atmosphere, where fans can mingle directly with professionals and exhibitors. Boasting an incredible guest list built mainly on reputation and goodwill, HeroesCon is known nationwide as a "must" on the summer schedule, drawing fans, exhibitors, and creators from every region of the country to the Charlotte Convention Center.

HeroesCon is also the home of Indie Island, a 10,000+ square foot section in the middle of the convention, dedicated to indie and alternative comics creators and publishers. Since its founding in 2005, Indie Island has quickly become one of the preeminent alternative comics gatherings in the country.

http://www.heroesonline.com/heroescon.html

501 S. College St
    Charlotte, NC 28202

ADMISSION:
    1-day Pass: $10 per person
    3-day Pass: $20 per person
    Kids 12 & Under get in FREE!

SHOW DATE & HOURS
    Open to the Public:
    Friday, June 20, 2008 : 11.00 am - 7.00 pm
    Saturday, June 21, 2008 : 10.00 am - 6.00 pm
    Sunday, June 22, 2008 : 11.00 am - 6.00 pm

ORGANIZED BY:
    HEROES AREN'T HARD TO FIND, INC.

2. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Thanks IAMA for posting this CON information while I was preoccupied...

This is always a great time meeting artists, scoring collectibles and hanging out w/ gamers!

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I've been away so I forgot to post about it too. [face_blush]

We'll be there tomorrow.

4. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    What a great CON! Hats off to Heroes for putting on an excellent Con again as always - although my son missed the gaming this year...

A SPECIAL THANK YOU to the Charlotte Fan Force (JADA) and the 501st (Todd and Cheryl) for our frank discussions and hopefully understandings. Your representations of both respective groups was spot on! I'm so glad we stopped this time to talk to you. I hope we only look to the present and future from this point forward. My box is always open for pm's or posting on the SFF. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Jedi Trace - real peace and an fresh start seems to be real now that a personal meeting has taken place - Thank you for all you have done in the past for our groups. Sure - nothing has been forgotten or maybe even totally forgiven but a start has been made... No more stress - ye ha!

A special note - I was impressed with a certain sithling that could sell you just about anything if she put her mind to it but especially for the cause she represented on Saturday (I bought one - my daughter finally has a GIRL R2)....

Thanks again!

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    She's got some beach front property in Arizona she's peddling right now! :p

If only I could get her to clean her room the way she sells charity items. [face_laugh]

[Palpatine] And then there will be peace [/Palpatine]

OK, the line isn't exact but the sentiment is there.

It is nice to move forward in the relationship between the groups and the folks of the CFF, SFF and 501st. I can't say what the future holds but right now it's good. :)

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Sounds like it was a blast! I'd love to come hang out with the CFF and SFF someday and meet everyone. *wishful*

Any chance we can see some pictures? [face_batting]

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Here are our pics.

But this picture was *THE* picture of the event:

[image=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/TK0932/P1020999.jpg]

8. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    I took a pic of my son next to the speeder bike as well but he says not to post it because he is not in his costume (LOL - he's got it bad already at 8 yrs old - you don't know the power of the dark side my young sithling...)

Cheers to all - yeah a meet up someday would be great. I second that Jada about things being fresh and a new start - who knows what will happen next but at least we are all talking like FANS now and not enemies for someone else's war.

The CON is a lot of fun - JediTrace - you should come next year or maybe some of us will make it to one of yours someday...

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Jada - Those pics are great and, OMG, how cute is *THE* picture?? [face_love]

Rip - that's funny, about your son. My 6 yr-old daughter is the same way. Costume's got to be exactly right or she won't be seen in public. My 11 yr-old is too cool for Star Wars now, though, so I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts, LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.