main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Heros - New TV Series.

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    OMG!!!! INCREDIBLE!!! Very Very edge of your seat..and just awsome.

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I liked it! Nice cliffhanger at the end. I was a little worried about this new series, but it's a nice twist to how people would handle suddenly having super powers. Just not sure what the one woman with the mirror thingy is supposed to do with that.... :eek:

I think my favorite character so far is the Japanese guy "Super Hiro"....lots of SW and Star Trek references. hee hee hee.

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Actually, I wanted to see it because I stumbled across an interview with "Super Hiro" a few weeks ago. But wasn't expecting it to just blow me outta the water. WOW. (Also, they didn't hold back anything with the whole garbage disposal scene...[face_sick] )

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Interesting show, watched it yesterday.

I hope we get more interesting people in it, not just a bunch of twentysomethings getting all the powers.

I was hoping they would keep it global based but looks like as usual all superheroes live in New York/USA.

I liked the subtitles in Japan, treating the audience nice there, instead of making everyone talk perfect English.

Please let there be a really good/sinister bad guy in this!

5. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    the way the pilot looked, it seems like it's going to be a nicely complex story line...where you don't know who is the good guy and who is the bad guy for a while. Or what the bad guy wants. I liked the whole international thing too, but maybe it's just easier to put them all in one place...for simplicity.

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    From what I've been able to figure out from their site and the producer's comments...you are going to get your wish!!!! :D

7. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Meh. It's just X-Men on TV. But at least the show acknowledges that and gives props. I mean, come on, we were reading Mohinder's father's files and just singing along... "Human Flight Potential" = Angel. "Rapid Cellular Regeneration" = Wolverine. BTDT.

Yet the comic-book connection (while an head-bludgeoningly obvious plot point) is interesting. If they go with that where I think they're going, I'm on the bandwagon.

And in the plus column: When Mohinder is going to his father's apartment, the huge painted sign on the building behind him reads "Send Dead Body Anywhere in the World." Oddly disturbing...I like it!

MCP
    Caryn B.

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Didn't even pick up on that!!!!!! Right on!!! The series has potential...really hope it lives up to it!

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    EP II only 19 mins away.

10. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Oooh! Must go watch!

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    They've wasted the first 15 mins showing stuff from last week. :mad:

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Yeah..but then it kicked hiney!!

But, a question. WHEN the top of someone's head is blown off... is it neat and tidy and look like it was taken off with a neat cut around the top and gently laid aside...or should it have been just splattered all over? And Poor Hiro!!!!!!!!

Can hardly wait until next week.

13. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    yah...so obviously, even if he did shoot himself..someone else came along and neatly removed his cranium and it's insides. Like the frozen guy.
    Poor Hiro! Poor cop-guy who can hear thoughts!
    But not a bad episode. I'm jsut wondering how they are getting away with the graphic nature of it, the FCC must be having a field day.

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I'm glad about the graphic nature of it. It's on late enough at night now and i'm firmly in the camp of "If you dont like it, change the channel." I think the FCC went overboard and censored too much outta programs after 9pm.

It still to this day baffles me that the Simpsons and Family Guy can use graphic language suchs a "child born out of wedlock" and programs shown after 9pm at night can't do much.

Jumps off box...

Heroes got better toward the end. The Cop that could hear things was cool and I'd like to see him made smarter and the detective who arrested him too, she's a bit dim too.

Lost this week!!!

15. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    Ugh, not me. Snooooooooooooooore...wake me up when something interesting happens. If the show would GET OFF THE GROUND (it's beating its wings mightily, I know) and actually start moving the plot forward, I'd be totally in on it. It's still X-men on TV. Adding to my characterizations above... Vegas Lady=Emma Frost, Precog Cop=Jean Grey... Hiro's still only the truly likeable character, so obviously for that reason they gave him the least screen time. I'll give it one more week. All the other conspiracy-and-or-supernatural-and-or-mystery-based serial dramas would have had much more exposition by now.

MCP

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    X-Men on TV was that cruddy show a few years back, Mutant X, man that sucked.

17. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    Oooooh yeah... Word.
    MCP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.