main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey Northeastern Wisconsin, anybody there?

Discussion in 'Archive: Green Bay, WI' started by Chosen_1, Jun 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    Hi Crystal.
    How'd everyone like that huge snowfall we just got?

2. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Hey! I loved the snowfall!

I just got back from Regional FCCLA competitons and I placed 2nd! WAHOO! I am so happy. :D

Anyway the snow is all melting away and its all muddy now. :(

3. DarthDexterFinster

DarthDexterFinster Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2001

you must have gone to Cedar Creek cinemas (located in an outlet mall) That is where I will be seeing AotC...It's a good theater, the seating leaves a little to be desired I grant... :)

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    You are correct. Maybe you'll see my parents for AotC. My dad's pretty excited that it is opening on his birthday.

5. DarthDexterFinster

Jul 9, 2001
    hehe...my son's birthday is the day before...(Wed the 15th...) I'm still holding out for a Wednesday "sneak preview" showing ;)

6. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    My dad said he can't wait for AOTC to show so I'll stop talking about it.

7. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Hi, I'm from Sheboygan. Want to meet fans from Wisconsin. I have relatives in Manitowoc so we might have friends in common.
    Anyone going to Celebration II in May?

8. Hopa

Hopa Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey folks, new user here. Not going to Celebration II. Looking to see if there are any organized events for attending the premier here in Green Bay. Not sure what that might be, exactly, but perhaps we could come up with something as a group.

At any rate, my plans for the premier are the same as EPI I. I've taken the day off already and my son & I will attempt to get the earliest show possible.

I remember standing in line for the tix a week before EPI I premiered. Anyone hear if advance tix will be available this time 'round as well?

9. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    My friend and I are from Sheboygan and Slinger respectively but we have been trying to get a group together to go with in Wisconsin. The only ones we heard from are college students in the Oshkosh or Appleton area. Got any plans. I am up for sharing the premiere with someone who cares. My husband doesn't but my son might.

10. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey!.. I'd go if you didn't live so far away.. I'm just going to stand in line in Marshfield probably..

11. Hopa

Hopa Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    I know what you mean. My wife has just about had it as well, what with my son & I watching the trailer over & over etc. Maybe as the date gets closer, we could work something up. Are there better theaters in Appleton?

You may think it odd I ask that, but I have only lived in the area about 2 years and am only familiar with Green Bay's.

12. DarthDexterFinster

Jul 9, 2001
    Appleton has a decent theater...their Marcus cinema there actually has like an amusement area attached to it. The theater has maybe 12-15 screens, and has stadium seating...

13. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Does anybody live near Oshkosh? I'm in need of people to go see the midnight showing of AOTC. I'm stuck at UWO for exams and I HAVE to see it opening night. I can pay gas money. I'd really like to go with serious fans since I don't have any friends who are. PLEASE email me at solo414@hotmail.com if you're interested! THANKS! :)
    ~~Megan~~

14. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    Appleton has two huge theaters. A Marcus and a Regal both on College Ave. I'll probably drive down there for Ep II instead of fighting Green Bay's traffic.

15. BOBOFETTT

BOBOFETTT Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2002
    Hi, I'm from Green Bay, I'vr been a SW fan since I was 2 yrs. old, and I'll never stop!
    If anybody else is around GB, lemme know!

16. VadersClone

VadersClone Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Hi, I hope I am doing this right. It's nice to see other people in the Green Bay area interested in Star Wars. I was beginning to think I was the only one. But I soon figured out I couldn't be since somebody was beating me at a couple of new wave figures. In case your interested, stopped off at KBToys in Bay Park and found the Amidala,Fleet Trooper, Imperial Officer wave. Sorry, but I cleaned out all the Troopers. Also was in Wal-Mart Westside last week and stumbled across a case of Snowspeeders they were going to put out, then changed their minds because it had the 04/23 date on them. But I got her to cut it open so I could take a look, very cool packaging. If you are looking for a particular item, maybe I can help you out, I have a lot of doubles and extras. Well, I think that's enough for now, I can't believe you actually read this whole thing. Thanks.

17. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Hi Vader :)
    It's not problem talking about collecting and offering to trade. But, you can't offer to sell or use the board as a swap meet. You can arrange to meet and swap. Does this make sense? I hope so. In general, if you feel your post is about advertising in hopes of you getting a profit it isn't okay. Your post is a-okay.

back on the topic, I got a bunch of AotC figs at the Antigo Walmart just before Easter. Someone cleaned them out before I could spread the good word.

If you want to talk more collecting, you could start a thread. Then we'd have two open threads and much rejoicing. :)

18. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Hey guys! I'm not from GB, but I go to school at UW-Oshkosh. Welcome to the boards!

19. DarthDexterFinster

Jul 9, 2001
    "Someone cleaned them out before I could spread the good word."

//guilty, sheepish look... [face_blush]

20. VadersClone

VadersClone Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Sorry about that, didn't intend for post to sound like an advertisement. Just wanted to talk about collecting. Thought if somebody was looking for a particuliar figure, I might be able to help them out. No profit intended. I am a private collector not a business.It's just hobby, but a really cool one.

21. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Hi folks-
    My name is Eric. I live in Madison, but my brother lives in GB. I try to visit every month. I just started on the boards a few weeks ago. I belong to the Milwookie council.

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself, and get to know a few new people.

I collect toys and pretty much everything else. I started back in '77 and have not stopped! Is anyone finding the TIE bomber and snow speeder up there yet?
    I really want them, but living in larger cities we have major scalpers- I hate it. Iwas thinking, if anyone saw these items they would let me know. I would be very greatfull...

Hope to talk more later!

MTFBWY All!

22. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Welcome to the NE Wisconsin board, Eric. It's nice to see somebody else who is on two boards. :)

23. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Eric forgot to tell you that he's an organizer for a great little con in Madison in Novemember. Filmcon was pretty nifty last year, and promises to be a Star Wars fest this year.

24. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    FilmCon is pretty nifty every year.

It'll be even better this year if the organizers get more attendee feedback. So if you have any suggestions for events you'd like to see at FilmCon, do not hesitate to contact Eric.

If you'd like to know more about FilmCon, or make a suggestion, please visit this thread. An official website for the convention will be forthcoming.

25. Rosinsky

Rosinsky Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Greetings,
    I just wanted to take this opportunity to express a thought that's been troubling me. I'm 25 and have been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember, and I like all of you reading this, was thrilled at the releases of the past two movies. When 'Menace was released I noticed that there was an element missing from the original trilogy that I just couldn't put my finger on, after seeing episode 2 this afternoon, I finally nailed down what that element was. Emotion, both films lack emotion almost to the point where I stop caring about what happens to the characters.
    There were some particularily powerful emotional moments in Episode 2 that were completely ruined by the sub par acting of almost everyone involved. I feel like I'm betraying the very thing that was such an inspiration to me growing up, but the events prior to the original trilogy are supposed to tell a grand and engaging story full of high drama and intense action. Instead it seems that Lucasfilm has become a CGI proving ground. Instead of telling a story, Mr. Lucas seems more concerned with playing with his new toys and showing us how cool they are. So far I'm unimpressed with these latest offerings. The acting is wooden and Lucas' continued use of so called professional child actors must be stopped. To be frank, during the movie I found myself cringing through the sappy, (overpoweringly so)dialogue. The part that illustrates my point is Christianson's weak attempt at emoting when the character of Anakin's mother dies. Through most of the movie he's consumed with getting to her, and when he finally does she dies. The most horrible thing was... I couldn't have cared less. Christianson's acting ruined a poigniant moment. The same can be said of Portman's reprisal of Amidala.
    I'm truly sorry to offend anyone reading this, but someone has to speak up to stop these continuing transgressions on the movies that inspired me to go to film school in the first place.
    To those of you with an attention span long enough to read this, I say congratulations, and I also pose a question. Clear away all the propaganda, all of the toy lines, all of the hollow reviews from the lackeys trying desperately to suck up to Mr. Lucas, and ask yourself this: "Are these movies truly better than the original trilogy?"
    I suspect your answer will surprise you. Granted there are some really great special effects, but those alone cannot carry a legacy into the new millenium. I found myself wondering if this was the best that lucasfilm could do. Where are the Harrison Ford's of our generation? If ever a time there was a need for a Han Solo-esque character, that time is now. Han was the spice that gave the trilogy it's flavor, he was a character that you could not only relate to, but truly cared about his fate.
    What happened to that magic that enthralled me as a child and continues to hold me to this day? Something must be done about this before one of the greatest stories ever told is completely ruined.

Thank you for your time.

Ryan Rosinsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.