main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JadenSkywalker, Apr 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XCountryJedi

XCountryJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2001
    I know some people at my school who like SW. We don't gather or talk about it with each other though. We like different areas of SW too. I thought about starting a SW club at school, but I don't have the resources or time.

2. Melarn Tecc

Melarn Tecc Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Id like to have a sane conversation about star wars *for some reason thinks of Clerks* but if I even try to talk to the "closet" fans, they're either entirely wierd about it, overly talkative, or act like they have no clue what im talking about. Oh to have sane SW fans to talk to......

OOoh, my dad bought a webcam for some odd reason, fun for me :)

3. JadenSkywalker

JadenSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Hi! I'm back, though I don't know if I'll stick around. Nothing was happening three months ago, so I left after saying hi.

I have some questions for you all that I hope you don't mind answering. I might be able to find the anwers to these if I just went back and read the previous posts, but I'm not really interested in doing that. Okay here they are:

1) Do you read the Expanded Universe?

If the answer to this question is no, then the rest ofthe questions probably don't apply to you.

2) Are you interested in The New Jedi Order?
    3) Do you like Mara Jade?
    4) Have you checked any bookstores for an early copy of Greg Keye's Edge of Victory II: Rebirth?

4. Melarn Tecc

Jun 11, 1999
    Well we're glad your back ;)

Heh, sadly the only star wars book Ive ever read were the X-wing series :) so I cant really answer those questions, but yes, I do like Mara Jade from what Ive seen and read of her, i like that fact that she has red hair as I do :D

5. JadenSkywalker

Apr 9, 2001
    Thanks. You know, before I read about Mara Jade, I thought people with red hair were rare. Now it seems like they're everywhere.

6. Melarn Tecc

Jun 11, 1999
    Muahahaha, soon we'll take over ;)

I think most of it has to do with the fact that most red heads get their hair from a box, to many people wanting to be red-headed anymore. Just gald Im a natural :D everyone wants to be like me, heh, thats a first ;)

7. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    My hair's reddish/brown and Jaden - Yes to the first four of your EU questions. :)

8. Melarn Tecc

Jun 11, 1999
    Really? it doesnt look that red in your picture? looks kinda blondish to me... ;)

9. NathanDahlin

Jun 28, 2000
    Yeah, I'm not sure...but people tell me it's reddish-brown, and I'm inclined to believe them.

I just got back from a weekend of rafting on the Rogue River down in Grant's Pass. Have any of you been there? The water was lower than last year, but it was still a lot of fun! :)

10. JadenSkywalker

Apr 9, 2001
    I'm glad to have some fellow Mara Jade fans in Oregon. :)

Nathan- "I just got back from a weekend of rafting on the Rogue River down in Grant's Pass. Have any of you been there?"

Nope, I've never been there. I hope you had a good time rafting. :)

11. Melarn Tecc

Jun 11, 1999
    My dad has tried to pull me on one of those raft trips, he makes a yearly pilgrimage to the Rouge, in fact they just went earlier this summer. But yes, I know what it is, but cant say ive rafted it :)

Im just gald that there are other fans here from oregon, there was a time I almost thought I was the only one. ;)

12. Jaya_Jedi

Jaya_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2001
    Nathan~ i live right near there, and have gone rafting there several times! were you in a big raft or a little tahiti thing?

13. NathanDahlin

Jun 28, 2000
    Jaya, we dropped in the river near Grant's Pass. The rafts fit seven people (a raft leader in the back, plus three peons with oars on either side ;) ) and we had thirteen rafts.

The river was low because of the drought Grant's Pass has been having, but we still got to throw each other off the rafts, which is the best part, IMHO. [face_devil]

14. Jaya_Jedi

Mar 13, 2001
    hehehe, wicked [face_devil]

thats cool, glad you had fun!

15. XCountryJedi

XCountryJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2001
    1) Yes, lots of EU!

2) No, lots of EU except, NJO.

3) Yes, Mara Jade is cool.

4) No, going to read Vector Prime first.

I dyed my hair a red color about a year ago, now I'm growing it out. I had actually wanted to dye it a bluish-black (because that is Grand Admiral Thrawn's hair color), but it didn't end up right, so my mom and I tryed a red (after Jade's color) and it looked awesome. I love Timothy Zahn's books.

16. Melarn Tecc

Jun 11, 1999
    Hmmm, I bought a Star Wars book at a garage sale at the beginning of the summer, maybe I should go read it ;)

Well in 4 days Im off to Europe, oh great fun :p so ill be gone for about 3 weeks or so.

17. NathanDahlin

Jun 28, 2000
    Have fun, Melarn! We'll try to keep this thread alive without you. ;)

18. Melarn Tecc

Jun 11, 1999
    :( my aunt just died yesterday........ and the day before that two of my class mates got in a car accident, one die, the other is in stable condition, one right crappy week.

19. NathanDahlin

Jun 28, 2000
    That sucks! I that doesn't hamper your enjoyment of your trip to Europe. :(

20. Melarn Tecc

Jun 11, 1999
    well now the lawnmower just blew up in my uncle's face, which you all know fires arent exactly what you want right now, but he's ok, so thats good. All I can do now is kinda chuckle, what else is going to happen...

21. Melarn Tecc

Jun 11, 1999
    Well arvior (bah forgot how to spell that) mon amis, be gone for 3 weeks, dont have to much fun without me.

And you better keep this place alive or Ill be doing some talking when I get back ;)

22. JadenSkywalker

Apr 9, 2001
    Ouch. Things aren't going so well for Melarn. I hope the trip to Europe goes well.

XCountryJedi, you should read the NJO. It's good, imo. Some people think otherwise. It's been kind of dark and depressing, but in Rebirth some hope arises; a little joy to help overcome the darkness. That's all I'll say about Rebirth, which is a good book, btw. :)

Jade's hair color is getting popular, isn't it.

23. Melarn Tecc

Jun 11, 1999
    Just checking up on you poeple ;) everythings been ok so far, pretty fun trip. Right now Im in Norway, using the computer at my past exchange student's house. so yeah, ill actually be back in another 2 weeks or something like that :)

24. Jaya_Jedi

Mar 13, 2001
    sounds fun melarn :)

UP!
    im gonna up this thread every single day ;)
    ....if i remember ;)

25. Jaya_Jedi

Mar 13, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.