main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi, I'm an anonymous lurker

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by TwoSeven, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwoSeven

TwoSeven Jedi Padawan

Aug 6, 2011
    Hello everyone. Star Wars takes a large part of my free time with art, reading, writing, costuming... and outside of work I like to unwind with like-minded people. I just want to be able to discuss the things I love without people expecting me to produce anything like a drawing or costume photos. I used to be active on the TFN forums under a different user name, several years ago, people were very kind and supportive to me but I don't want to go back to that identity for now.

I know this is kind of a pointless message for you all but for me it's a way to start fresh and just enjoy the forum experience again.

About art: I used to draw a lot of Mandalorians until I got sick of it.

About writing: I wrote a short series of fan fiction after reading the Republic Commando novels by Karen Traviss.

About costuming: I assembled a 501st-approved Scout Trooper costume and am currently working on a personalized Stormtrooper suit. Hopefully next year I may attend Celebration VI, if everything goes as planned. It's still a long way to go but I already bought the tickets, and hotel is booked. That should be guarantee enough, right? I don't know why I'm so anxious.

Not gonna say more about myself because I'm having confidentiality issues at the moment, it must be work-related, or maybe it's just the bad weather (I live in Europe)... or I'm taking this trooper cosplay a little too far. It might be all of those things.

Nevertheless I'm happy to be here and I have no expectations whatsoever.

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Welcome to the boards! Hope you take a visit to our Fan Art, Costuming and Fan Fiction boards, they're great. Enjoy yourself and let us know if you have any questions.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome back!! We're excited that you've returned :)

As Katya mentioned, Fan Art, Fan Fiction, and Costuming are great places for you to check out :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or PM one of the mods!

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Thanks for not lurking anymore. I was wondering who had been digging through my garbage.

Have fun, hit the spots the 2 ladies pointed out to you, and avoid any unintentional innuendo in this sentence.

5. TwoSeven

TwoSeven Jedi Padawan

Aug 6, 2011
    Thanks all of you for the warm welcome, I know it must be early in the morning across the ocean. I've been a good soldier and went to those areas, I'll probably need some time to gather the courage to contribute more, especially in the Fan Art section.

I have a question though: is there any part of the boards where people discuss that old online game called Star Wars Galaxies?

MyKe1138: I wouldn't have noticed them if you hadn't said anything... about the spots :p

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Video Games: http://boards.theforce.net/games_videogames/b10005/p1

...and, yeah... I typed that sentence, thought "Good grief, that sounds horrible", but couldn't think of any other way to type it at this time of the morning. Good luck to you. PM a Mod if you have issues or ask in here if you have any questions.

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh, you'll fit in well :D

I'm not sure, but you might try Games: Videogames (commonly referred to as "Games").

I'm in and out of Fan Art quite a bit; it's a really cool place! Don't be shy; share your artwork!!

8. TwoSeven

TwoSeven Jedi Padawan

Aug 6, 2011
    You know, I have, a long time ago on my first account here and it turned out that it gave me the confidence to keep improving and developing my skills. Here's the thread if you're curious. So I owe this community a lot.

If I feel like an ego-boost I might post a couple sketches but I already have my deviantart page for that. Random young people keep requesting drawings from me even though I stated that I'm busy and not taking any commissions. The fans they are resilient, not taking no for an answer. I get new emails every time I upload something. I guess that's why I didn't go pro and just got myself a daytime job.

Enough of me rambling, time to distract myself with some gaming nostalgia...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.