main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi...new player!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Merkel, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merkel

Merkel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    I've been colecting Star Wars CCG cards for a few years now, but I only decided to actually learn how to play the game in the last few weeks. The problem is, I live in Portugal, so CCG players are pratically non existant. I want to teach some of my friends how to play the game, but I'm really not really that good in deck building.

I'm gonna give you a breackdown of my main DS and LS cards, and you guys could fill me in on what kind of decks I could build with them, and I mena decks that are essencialy fun (lime capturing the feel of the scenes of the movies), and not necesseraly "super-strong tournament winning decks", alright? And if you have sugestions on what cards I should get in order to have enjoyable games, please shoot away.

Here are my main DS cards:

.Darth Vader
    .Darth Vader with Lightsaber
    .Grand Moff Tarkin
    .Boba Fett
    .Boba Fett with Blaster Rifle
    .Bib Fortuna
    .Jabba
    .IG-88
    .Executor
    .Flagship Executor
    .Devastator
    .Avenger
    .Stalker
    .Chimaera
    .Judicator
    .Vengeance
    .Visage
    .Death Squadron Star Destroyer
    .Thunderflare
    .Accuser
    .Slave 1
    .Hunt Down and Destroy the Jedi
    and the cards needed for it:
    .Executor: Holotheatre
    .Executor: Meditation Chamber
    .Visage of the Emperor
    .Epic Duel
    .Vader's Obsession
    .The Circle is Now Complete
    .I Have you Now
    .Death Star
    .Commence Primary Ignition
    .Target the Main Power Generators

And now, the Light Side Cards

.Luke Skywalker
    .Luke With Lightsaber
    .Obi-Wan Kenobi
    .Obi-Wan with Lightsaber
    .Captain Han Solo
    .Princess Leia Organa
    .Chewbacca
    .Lando Calrissian
    .Yoda
    .Millennium Falcon
    .Attack Run
    .Harvest
    .Lobot
    .Death Star: Trench

OK, those are the main rare cards I have. Bear in mind I also own a bunch of commons and uncommons from other sets.
    So, what LS and DS decks would you sugest, so I could play some fun games?

Thanks a bunch.

2. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Do you have any objective cards (the double-sided purple cards)?

3. Merkel

Merkel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    Yes, Hunt Down and Destroy the Jedi plus the 4 cards it allows.

4. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Right now, on the off chance that I actually play a game, I just go for a fun deck (like all Ewoks, or all TIE's or something). If you want stratagy, I'm not the guy to talk to, but if you want fun, send me a PM and I'll give you a couple of ideas (or try to).

5. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    I love all ewok decks, especially when you use ewok bows in conjunction with ewok rescue.

6. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    If you can get i like to use This Deal is Getting Worse All The Time and Court of the Vile Gangster Objectives for dark side decks. As for LS i like to use ewoks, jedi, and gungans. Although i toying with the Rebel Strike Team Objective rightnow. if you want a list of what any of those decks consist of let me know.

7. Aeopile

Aeopile Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2002
    Hey, you may want to check out the following sites...

Star Wars CCG Players Committee Homepage
    The above site is the home page for the group that is now responsible for managing the game. Since the game has gone out of print the PC (players committee) have released revised texts for many of the cards in the game. There is still a pretty healthy environment for the game, with over 30 people showing up for the world championships this past summer.

Decktech.net This is a deck building resource where you may be able to get advice on some of your decks. It has a great searching mechanism that you can use to search for any given card and see examples of decks that use them. There are lots of Hunt Down and Destroy the Jedi deck options to review.

Good luck.

Justin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.