main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Aw, Darth_Elu wasn't really up to going to the Rose Parade. Next year. :p

Here's to an awesome year! :D

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    I read all the first generation Halo books: Reach, Flood, First Strike, Contact Harvest, Cole Protocol, and Onyx. I haven't really been that interested in the recent releases but I dunno...might give them a shot.

To be fair to Karen Traviss, while her glorification of her characters was definitely a sour point that led many a Star Wars fan to dislike her, her foray into other franchises have proven to be better; specifically her Gears of War novels which I've read. Course, the GoW universe seems perfect for her since she can do all the military glorification that she wants without stepping on any toes because that's pretty much what GoW is all about. Hearing that she has gone into Halo...I was a little concerned about it. On the one hand, the UNSC is pretty much similar to the COG but the problem here is that she'll be working with characters previously-established by other authors (specifically Eric Nylund's Spartans and Dr. Halsey) which she didn't have to worry about in her Gears of War novels. I'm just worried that we'll have a repeat of her Star Wars books :p

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Of all the things to watch with my parents, I'm watching The Wire. It's all in the game.

4. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    My brother keeps telling me I need to watch this but he lost the first season (he has all the other ones). Maybe I need to go through the boxes in the garage or I could go try to rent it from blockbuster (yes...there still exists one here).

5. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Especially poignant since I found out my local Blockbuster shut down some time ago. :p

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Same :p Can't say I've seen any kind of video store here in so long.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, Redbox still gets a lot of use, if that counts.

9. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Wouldn't really count that as a video store.....

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Hence if!

11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    But isn't hence if an impossible conclusion at logic? Is it Wittgensteinenly possible to conclude a contingency?

spacelady likes this.
  12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    The closest thing to a blockbuster around here I can think of is a local used bookstore chain, and they don't rent and have pretty much every form of entertainment... Books, CDs (many Metal albums I found have come from there), Movies, Games, heck, they even have musical instruments and computer hardware...

Sent from my Comlink

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, Bookman's is great.

Sure, they're just words, and words are just pictures of reality.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Oh, by the way, here's something new and exciting. My Battle Jacket.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Still not completely done yet, as you can see by the empty spaces, but its a start.

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Dude, you are really pushing me towards the conclusion that we're all inside the ****ing Matrix. :D

s65horsey likes this.
  16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, you know what they say

17. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
  18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Love this:

[​IMG]

Ktala and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Meh, I dislike the "like/share if you agree" type things. Its the typical stuff that likewhores post. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Perhaps a better choice of words is in order.

21. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I'd like to throw out your local library as an option. I don't have the exact number in front of me, but by my estimate I saved over $750 in 2012 by borrowing books rather than buying them, getting music from CDs rather than buying from iTunes, and borrowing DVDs rather than having a Netflix subscription. I don't know about other cities, but places that I've lived have really made huge strides in opening up their collections through the use of online catalogs, which can be accessed from home. In the past if my branch didn't have something, I'd have to call a branch that did and arrange to have it sent to mine. Now I go online, click the request button, and tell them where I want to send it. They send me the copy that makes the most sense for their internal workings. And if what I want is checked out, I get into line for it. Sure, it requires some patience, but I like it. :)

Sadly though, only one that I know of rents video games. But I usually wind up buying and then reselling on Half.com anyways so it's essentially like renting in that my sale price is usually lower than what I paid for it.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Truly, having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card. But seriously, yeah, I abuse the hell out of the library system - the local public circuit will actually deliver books to the university system, and the Science and Engineering Library, a valid pick-up location, is in my office building. Diabolical laughter, etc.

23. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    *lays on the ground, dead* Oh gawd no mooooorrreee. My sister takes me out for breakfast at the diner for my birthday and then I just got back from the diner again when my brother paid for lunch. No moar foooodzzz x.X

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    I love my library. I can rent out VIDEOS!!!
    A lot of the old anime I have finally been able to see, I got from the library!:p

[face_coffee]

25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    "Chop your breakfast on a mirror!"

Ramza edit: Please don't post pictures of illicit narcotics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.