main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    LOL!!!

When I first clicked the link...I had sound turned off. Then wondered what you guys were talking about...and remembered to turn on my speakers....

Oh joy...the looks I received... :p

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    BLEH!

[​IMG]

No posts...

3. RampaniLives

RampaniLives Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

Lots of posts!

Saintheart likes this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's why I wandered over to the movie forums and started posting in there again. :p

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    TK-421, why aren't you posting...

6. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Bah, may be out on a computer for a couple days. Cooler is done for so I need to buy a replacement fan and heat sink for my CPU so it doesn't bubble and sizzle on me.

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Next time don't forget the thermal paste then.

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Did you try reversing the polarity of the neutron flow?

9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I'm not positive, but I don't think that would help...

See if you can spot the pun.

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Pity + Hoopers = Error404WtfDoesNotCompute

Hopefully I'll get the new fan and heat sink tomorrow. If not though then that's a weekend without my comp. It'll be my first time installing one but it seems easy!

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Don't forget the thermal paste. Trust me, its needed. Without it the heatsink doesn't have any buffer between it and the CPU, and could actually end up causing more harm than good.

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I know the instructions and I'm lucky to have friends more knowledgeable then I. Already removed the old cooler so I just need to clean the old residual paste, install the bracket, then add a grain of rice of new paste on the new heat sink before laying it down and screwing it in place.

Though I do have to watch out. Apparently the fan and heat sink I'm ordering has fins that are as sharp as razor blades.

13. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Because all computers should double as self-defence platforms.

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    More like cause BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I agree, it's completely nonsensical. There's only one sane solution!
    [​IMG]
    BLOW IT ALL UP!

16. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    [​IMG]

Ur getting Darth Baned -__-

(just thought I'd be random, pic is from a facebook page I operate by the same name... well, sorta, the last part it wouldn't let me put in the same way, but I'm not going to say what I had to make it as the page has some pretty offensive content on it that's definitely NOT TOS appropriate. No nudity or anything, just stuff that isn't exactly Politically Correct.)

17. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    All right, I've been putting this off and putting this off all day long, so I think it's time I bit the bullet and posted up.

I'm retiring from the RPF. It'll be a (short) staged retirement, yes, but a retirement none the less.

You're all entitled to ask why seeing as I'm heavily embedded here. Mainly, it's because the time has come for me to get serious about something in my life: in particular, writing a novel - and hopefully leading to a career in writing, which I have wanted to do since my twenties if not earlier, and which I simply have not done for various reasons of one kind or another. In brief, though, planning the book I have in mind is taking up a hell of a lot of time and creative headspace. Most of you will know that there's only so much fiction and RPG you can write or run, and with planning a book on top I've hit that point and well passed it. I've taken a while thinking over this issue, and I didn't arrive at the decision lightly, and not without a hell of a lot of sadness.

This leaves aside entirely the other RL concerns I have - namely, wife + two children, a job that's suddenly decided to get a lot busier than I expected, and other RL commitments and distractions. Frankly, something has to give, and writing a book has been one of my life's dreams, something I've carried with me since I was in my teens and which I mean to carry out. I can give you no other logical or rational decision for why I think it has to be now rather than a couple of years down the track - I can only tell you my heart tells me it has to be now.

I realise for the big group of people who've joined up in the Mass Effect RPGs in particular this will be a crushing disappointment because you've all invested a lot of time and energy into your characters there, and we'd only just begun. For that I can only very sorrowfully cringe and offer my deepest apologies, and promise to support anyone who feels inclined to pick up one or both timelines in my wake - I'm happy to give such notes as I have on the story for that to continue. But I would only be stringing you along if I teased it out any further than I have, and sooner or later I think this moment had to come.

My very deepest apologies to all on this.

How it'll work: basically, I'm not just logging out and disappearing. If you've got one of my characters in your RPG (of which there are two at present and active) then please rub them: I won't be coming back. On the plus side, I don't think they'll be sorely missed, either.

The Mass Effect RPGs -- absent someone who wants to pick one up, or both -- can also be considered defunct.

The Tempest of Fears RPGs also can be considered dead, too. One of them was on life support already, and it's mostly Tide of Flames people in the other one ;)

Tide of Flames: here's the exception. This one has five years and counting on it. For that reason alone, and because Lightwarden and my long-suffering players deserve to have their faith rewarded, I'm going to continue to GM that one out to its conclusion - but I'll be talking to the ToF crew in our OOC thread about how that one can be sped up without ruining the game for everyone. After ToF is concluded, that'll be it from me for RPGing generally, though I'll probably still be popping in and out to say hi now and then.

And you never know, if the book doesn't sell I might be back here in a year's time anyway. :p :p

Ahead of time, may I wish all of you the very best in future RPG endeavours. You are an insane and fun bunch of people to play with, and I've had an absolute blast over the years being here.

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well that is... not what I was hoping to read when I saw a new post in Hooper's.

[​IMG]

Sad to see you go, Saint, it's been a lot of fun gaming with you over the years. Thanks for sticking on to finish ToF, though, that's pretty much the one constant game that made me stick it out here long enough to get made Chief Ignoramus a mod. Still not going to be the same with just that, though.

19. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Sad batman is sad!

Sad Xany is sad too. :( (Not that - well - I have been around much either of late, but anyway...)

Best of luck with your novel. If you need a webmonkey, I will code for sneak peeks and previews. :D

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    :D I'll stay in touch.

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    :_|

No amount of coffee can cure this!!!!

Im sad to see you go as well, but I understand...

I always thought writing a book would be nice. I hope yours goes well!!
    And thank you for the ToF...

22. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Thought it saddens me to see you go, I celebrate your creative choice. Believe me when I say I understand, as a life long artist. Best of Luck to you Saintheart, I will not say good-bye, but I definitely would like a signed copy of your finished book, published or not. The completion of a life long dream made reality bares a part of one's soul, it is infused with the fires of inspiration. Do it Saint!! Excelsior!! :)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  23. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    This is very sad news.

Thanks for trying to give us a continuation of Tide of Flames, though, that's the RPG that kept me connected to the JC when nothing else could.

24. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    Gyaaaaah... very sad news indeed. :_|:_|

But thank you so much, Saint, for sticking around to finish A Tide of Flames. [:D] As my first ever campaign and the one that sparked off my love for D&D, I'd be gutted if it just faded now when we're that close to resolution.

25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Dawz, sad Sarge is sad as well!

Ah well, DRL has to hit us eventually but that doesn't mean you shouldn't come around and say hi!

26. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Damn... If you're still here, what should we look for if we want to find (and purchase) that novel one day when its written? I don't usually read anything but stuff on my computer screen, but this one I may make exception to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.