main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Hot stores on Long Island!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HolyCityJedi, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HolyCityJedi

HolyCityJedi Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2002
    WHat are the hot stores on Long Island for finding the newest released star wars merchandise.

Toys r us -
    Massapequa
    Levitown

Kay-Bee -
    Oceanside

Target -
    Amyitville

Walmart-
    Uniondale

** Which ones by you are hot. usually

2. dubwave

dubwave Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    For me i usually go out on Saturday or Sunday morning early just when everything is opening and hit most of the major stories around Nassau and Suffolf border. Usually the best so far over the past couple of months has been Walmart in East Meadow (if you know when to go, when the first open seems to be the best). Toysrus in Hungtington at Walt Whitman or the Massapequa seem to be better, less people hit it then say the one near Rossovelt Field (Carl Place?) or the Levittown. The KayBee's in Plainview on South Oyseter Bay and the one in the Source Mall have been consitently good, though they still have the crapiest prices. Target(s) in Levittown and Westbury have been pretty good over the past 2 months, before that would go for like a month before something new came in. Kmart, well thats just ghetto, i won't even bother, white trash all the way.
    There are some specialty shops and comic book stores (the one near the Flee Market on Hempt.) though they usually price gauge the hell out of stuff so i won't even bother with that.
    Just my long winded ideas on how to kill and entire weekend morning. Any others?
    Keith

3. HolyCityJedi

HolyCityJedi Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2002
    "(the one near the Flee Market on Hempt.) though they usually price gauge the hell out of stuff"

Amok Times

They do have higher prices from the aotc figures. But that store is good for buying the vintage stuff. I bought an oringal r2-d2 opened for like 18 bucks. I would not buy Saga figures in there.

Also the in that flee market they have this one dealer that sells alot of cool star wars stuff on the second floor.

Another cool store like that is Fantastic Toyage. It is on merrick road in i think massapeuqa. I would say the store is 85% Star Wars. They have tons of potf,potj,ep1, all the new ones. And they have some cool random stuff of the first three movies. Like desplays, The old glasses, cards, candy wrapers. and alot of other stuff that I dont remember.

4. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Walmart-Eastmeadow
    Toys R US-Freeport

5. McGwire25

McGwire25 Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 1999
    I will be moving to Hauppauge by the beginning of August due to a job transfer from St. Louis. Currently, I am only missing the new Chewie, Obi-Wan Pilot, & Acklay. Except for the first couple of weeks the very newest figures are out, I have almost NO problem finding figures at area Targets, Walmarts, & TRUs.

I was hoping someone could tell me what stores I can expect to find in Hauppauge and in the nearby area. Or... I'm I going to have to drive 30 minutes to find figures?

Feel free to email me at patrick.dyer@reuters.com to give me more details. (I also go by Obi-Dad, but I can't find my password and I signed up under an old email address for that username.)

6. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    My cousins live in Hauppauge. Nice place to live. About 15 minutes away from my school too! You should join SWNYC. Star Wars NYC

7. Mikecp73

Mikecp73 Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    I went to Wal-mart in Middle Island today (7/15/02) and they had numerous Djas Puhr's and a few Ki-Adi Mundi's and only two Teemto's. I bought one. They also had alot of the nexu and other deluxe figures. Regular figures cost $4.77, good deal. The Kmart out here sucks so stay away from there.

8. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    This is a good thread. Very helpful!

I played football in Hauppauge sometimes back in high school. Ah, the good old says..

9. Corn_Free_Ta

Corn_Free_Ta Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    Walmart East Meadow is good. Amok Time is a rip off. I just went to Tangiers out east to the KayBee outlet, it was awesome they had tons of POTF for $1.88. I live in Queens so it is hard to find what you want, but when I am at school in Binghamton Walmart has it all.

10. Corn_Free_Ta

Corn_Free_Ta Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    Hello anyone here?

11. Obi-Dad

Obi-Dad Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2001
    I moved to Hauppauge 3 weeks ago. I've posted here both as McGwire25 & Obi-Dad. I haven't found anything new here except the X-Wing at TRU. Has anyone found the Target accessory packs? I haven't checked WalMart yet for the Cantina sets, but I'm looking forward to those, as well. The last new figure I bought was Teemto when I lived in St. Louis. I'm not sure which stores I've hit here, but I've gone to various WalMarts, TRU's, & Targets in the area.

12. Obi-Dad

Obi-Dad Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2001
    Its me again, complaining about not being able to find new figures. I haven't found anything since Teemto back in July, which I found back when I lived in St. Louis. However, I worked 3rd shift then and on my way home, I was able to go to stores at their opening and found figures easily. I've never seen any of the Target accessory packs, the Walmart Cantina figures, the 2nd (clean-shaven) Endor soldier, the Anakin - Attack, etc.

Has anyone had good luck lately? I know it seems like figures are slowing down everywhere. Is there anyone here where I could work out a deal to meet and buy figures from if they found an extra one? I did get both the Yoda & C-3PO deluxe figures, and the X-Wing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.