main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO HotA January Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by SouthernSith, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthernSith

SouthernSith Jedi Master star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    Things to discuss:
    Chapter Rep. Elections
    Winter Events
    Planet ComiCon Pre-Planning
    Feel free to add more topics.
    When: Sunday, Jan 17th 2010
    Where: Grinders

2. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    This meeting has been moved. It will occur ONLINE January 17, 2010 at 9pm CST provided the HotA website is still up and running at that time.

For those of you who cannot attend virtually at that time, meeting minutes will be posted online and a thread will be open for discussion for one week following the meeting.

Topics to be discussed:
    The Future of HotA
    Chapter Representatives nominations
    Website renewal
    or Change of Group format
    Possible website clean up
    Reach out program discussed/implimented
    Celebration V discussion
    Planet Comicon 2010 discussion/pre-planning

Stay tuned for virtual meeting location and Happy Holidays!

3. SouthernSith

SouthernSith Jedi Master star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    How are the elections going to be handled since this will be online, and how will the nominations be handled, self nominate or other?

4. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Sarah I think we should plan on using the RL chat as discussed off-site. Even if the the hosting has not expired on 1/17 I think we should shut it down as soon as I archive it.

5. GsWookie

Feb 4, 2005

The meeting will occur in the RL chat room w/ this link:

http://www.dantooinerebels.com/chat.htm

Simply click on this link and when prompted, enter your handle by which you'll go for the chat (no password is required).

For those of you who cannot attend virtually at that time, meeting minutes will be posted online.

Topics to be discussed:
    The Future of HotA
    Chapter Representatives nominations
    Website renewal
    or Change of Group format
    Possible website clean up
    Reach out program discussed/implemented
    Celebration V discussion
    Planet Comicon 2010 discussion/pre-planning

6. GsWookie

Feb 4, 2005
    Meeting Minutes from Jan. 17, 2010 9pm CST

in Attendance:
    GsWookie - Sarah
    Gandalfbmg - Bart
    DD - Mike
    Queen Padme - Lisa
    Luke Skiewalker - Bradley
    FordFun - Gary
    Tantive4 - Doug
    KCJedi - John
    Chris - Chris from FB
    SmallFry - Jen Kirby
    Jedi_Groupie - Amy
    Darth Jynx - Andrew
    Red5 - Mark
    Skywalker64089 - Steve
    UzThe4ce - Seth
    V - Jamie? (no confirmation)

Discussion:
    THE FUTURE OF HOTA - Bradley, Zazrus & Stimpy have been working to copy the database from www.heartofthealliance.com over to Bradley's website StarWarsKC.com in lock-down/viewing mode only for the time being for FREE. - Thanks Bradley. Also, thank you to Stimpy and Z for all the work you did to host the site and keep it running in the past. There are a lot of grateful people in this group. I'm personally, so glad that everything will be backed up for reference and posterity for the group. You have my sincere gratitude, all of you.

For now, Heart of the Alliance will be organized, run and planned on here (theforce.net) and also on FaceBook w/ the user group Heart of the Alliance, at least for the immediate future.

CHAPTER REPRESENTATIVE - John Garcia/KCJedi nominated, seconded and accepted. He will remain as Chapter Rep for HotA for 1 year or until he decides to resign effective immediately. I will PM he RSA with his information ASAP.

PLANET COMICON PLANNING - It was a consensus that Tantive4(Doug) will contact Darryl Woods regarding a table at PCC. Darryl has been a member of Hota for a long time and is a LucasFilm recognized artist who draws Star Wars caricatures for children. Last year Darryl supported HotA w/ a table at PCC, this year the members decided to donate funds in the amount of $55 (or ONE 4ft table) space at PCC for Darryl this year, with the hopes that he will allow us to advertise and recruit for the KC FanForce group there w/ some flyers. Please contact Doug at tantive4@hotmail.com to make arrangements for monetary donations for this venture.

REGROUPING UNDER A NEW LABEL - it has been suggested that the group get a re-vamp with a new image under a new name/logo. A discussion thread for this will be posted on TF.n regarding this matter to be discussed at the next meeting.

REACH OUT AND TOUCH SOMEONE PROGRAM - please contact a friend who is a Star Wars fan regarding KC FanForce and point them to our site here or have them friend us on FB please, we need to get the word out that we're here and we're staying! Recruit! Recruit! Recruit!

Celebration V - who's going and who's not, who's staying where, carpooling, etc. etc.

thank you.

questions or concerns, please post below.

7. Tantive4

Tantive4 Jedi Master

Jul 18, 2006
    Not sure where to put this, but it did not need it's own thread...

Finally got a hold of Darryl today. He has accepted our offer of a "table" donation for PCC, and has no problems if we "flyer" his table or sit near him from time to time (as we desire)

He is very happy the KCFF has lived on, and he is very thankful for our gift to him!

That said...

I have gotten 0 emails for fund delivery. I will see KCJedi on Friday, but the rest of you who have pledged (you know who you are) really need to email me... my plan is to meet up and give him the funds by mid-next week. (7 days from now)

Thanks!

T4

8. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Are you taking PayPal or has Sarah already made arangements to meet with you?

9. Tantive4

Tantive4 Jedi Master

Jul 18, 2006
    I would perfer to do local pick ups. If it goes to paypal it takes me a business week to transfer it to a checking account, then I have to write a out of state check to Darryl... cash is so much nicer...

I've not set up anything with anyone but John at this point. we still got a week :)

Thx

10. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    We've been passing around what the baby had last week all this week, so Sarah's plan to get it to you after work some night fell through... We'll see about meeting up with you this weekend maybe, especially if you're going to be at work?

11. GsWookie

Feb 4, 2005
    ugh, yeah i'm sick w/ a nasty stomach bug. We might just have to go see a movie on Saturday... ;)

12. Tantive4

Tantive4 Jedi Master

Jul 18, 2006
    OK Gang... anyone have a contact info on "Gary" is he on the boards here?? I lack his funds he pledged for Darryl, and that's it.

Since we promised it to Darryl already, we either need Gary to follow through or someone else fill his $10 pledge... (10 members, $1 each? who knows...whatever works I say!)

MY HOPE was to get D his money this week, so please people, let's get this "finished"!

13. UzTh4ce

UzTh4ce Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2010
    I don't know Gary, but I would be willing to take his place and have 2 options for you:
    1. Fly to Alexandria, Egypt and I'll give you $10 in person.
    2. I can get a hold of my parents in KC and you can pick up the money from them.
    I'll leave the choice to you. :) Given the 8 hour time difference, I can email them now and they should have it for you sometime Thursday.

14. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    I missed this post. I think I talked to him the day you posted this, and he told me he'd be a little while longer on the money he owed me (for something else, not this) because he had to pay his kid's college tuition ;) I suppose I could get you his money since I'm expecting to see him and get some in a couple weeks anyway. Let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.