main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels and Accomodations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obiwanccna

obiwanccna Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2004
    I booked my room on 27th May. I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza Union Station. Is this a good hotel? About a Year ago, I went to Saint Louis and stayed at a "Days Inn" downtown. You would think for a Day's Inn it would be decent, but I was dead WRONG. There were roaches in my room, the AC didn't work and when I complained, they did ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. If one of you has stayed at the Crown Plaza Union Station, I would like to know how nice it is. In fact, this is my the first time I have ever gone to the Star Wars Convention. When you order tickets, do you acctually get them in the post, or do you have to pick them up at the Convention?

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel for my wedding night...and have also stopped in a couple times at the bar there. It's nice. You have chosen wisely, as General Veers would say if he were in an Indiana Jones film; oh wait, he did say that.

3. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    The Crowne Plaza is quite beautiful. Make sure you visit the parts of it that are for meetings and conventions.....the "historic" part where the trains ran (and still do, I guess). The stained glass work is just gorgeous!

The room we stayed in was a biiitttt small for 4 people, 3 which costumed.

And triple check your reservations....the staff seems to change on a daily basis. They nearly messed up ours on the day before we arrived!

Edit...I acutally just made a reservation there...for one of the train cars!!! Very reasonable rate @ $189 for 2 people.

Also, these hotels with skywalk connections have blocks reserved at convention rates, and not available until September....or October. Hyatt, Marriott, Westin, Embassy, Omni, Canterbury, Crowne.

The Canterbury, Crowne, Hyatt, and Marriott are still taking reservations for more expensive rates now.

4. obiwanccna

obiwanccna Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2004
    Would anyone that is rooming at the Crowne Plaza Union Station like to share a room with me and split the cost 50/50? If you don't want to stay in my room, could I stay in one of yours? I am staying at the Crowne Plaza Union Station, and would like someone to help me with my expenses to the Convention. The total cost for me, including hotel, food, spending money, entrance tickets and airfare is 2300 dollars. The cost to room at the hotel for 5 nights is about 1000 dollars. If at all possible, I am willing to split the cost 50/50 or even 1/3. Making it about $330 or 500 per person.

I am from Pensacola Florida, so if any of you are from Mobile, Gulfport, Tallahassie or Pensacola/Gulf Breeze, please e-mail me at obiwanccna@yahoo.com if you are interested. 2300 dollars is a bit much for one person, and it would be nice to have a few fellow fans to help me along. Thanks in advance, and remember to e-mail me of your plans.

P.S. Is this kind of thing allowed on this board? If it is not, please excuse me. I am sorry.

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Anyword on the fan club rates yet?

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    September...maybe late August.

7. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Thanks Sebulba

For those who got rooms from the fan club: How many rooms could you get? Like could I get 3 rooms for my group if I'm the only member?

8. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I already have a room reserved for me and my friends at the downtown Hampton in Indy for about $30 bucks a night.My friends sister works for Hampton and got us the employee rate.Which is why it doesn't cost so much :D

9. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Nice. How many people can you put in that $30 room?

I thought we were doing pretty good at $120 a night between 4 people

10. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    At $120/night divided by four people it works out to $30/person ;)

11. jediadigallia

jediadigallia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    I did manage to reserve a room through regular reservations at the Marriott Downtown Indy. It looked so convenient as we sat on the sidewalk waiting to get into the convention center. (Especially after the long walk from the Omni Severin where I satyed last time). It was pricey, but I figure I'll try to get a room there through the fan club once they are offered to see if I can get a better rate.

12. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Hi :)

Does anybody else knows aprox how much will be the cost of taking a train from CA to Indiana? I do not want to take a plane because I had bad experiences flying.

Does anybody else knows the temp in Indiana by April?

This is going to my first far far away trip inside of the USA.

Thanks.

13. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I've been out of touch for a little while, but are there any hotels open still?

14. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    "Does anybody else knows aprox how much will be the cost of taking a train from CA to Indiana? I do not want to take a plane because I had bad experiences flying. "

Hmm,I don't know.It'de probably be kind of high though.You might save money if you drove there,but I'm not sure. :)

"Does anybody else knows the temp in Indiana by April? "

I'd guess around 75 F maybe.It seems that's around what it was at C2. :)

"I've been out of touch for a little while, but are there any hotels open still? "

The blocks of rooms still havn't gone on sale,so there still plenty of chance to get your room. :)

15. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    PattiB0123,

Check out amtrak.com. If money is the issue, be warned that it is sometimes just as expensive as flying.

Lufta Shif

16. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Anyone interested in buying a van that we can sleep in?

17. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Steve Sansweet was on ZPL this mourning and said BOTH tickets and hotel's rooms will go on sale mid SEPT.

18. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    "Anyone interested in buying a van that we can sleep in? "

by a river? :)

19. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    any news when the blocked rooms are going up? originally i'd heard end of the summer, but more recently it was september/october.

is there somewhere that has more up-to-date info?

20. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    "Nice. How many people can you put in that $30 room?"

Were going to fit about 3-4 people in that room.We got it so cheap cause my friends sister works for Hampton and she got an employee discount for us.So it totals out to about $35 bucks for 4 nights, per person :D

21. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Well.....I got a problem.....Celebration 3 occurs at the same time I'm still in college, 2 weeks before finals.... but guess what.... I'm going to celebration 3 anyways. :p I missed out on the first two for various reasons and this may be my last chance to do this sort of thing. Only problem is.....I got no one really to go with. I have friends who want to go but they're not as bold as I am as far as missing out on classes. If I have to go there by myself...I will. I made plenty of money this summer and I'm saving it up to go. I'm in Virginia....I'll probably leave Radford about 2:00 am Thursday morning and try to get to Indy asap. I've driven through there before so I know where everything is. Hopefully I'll get there in time to partake in some of the Thursday activities. Does anyone know what time it ends on Sunday? Is it mid-day or the evening cause I'm kind of curious when I'm going to drive back. I don't want to miss too much class. I'll see you all there. Hopefully I can get a decent room.

22. geekgal

geekgal Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2004
    If you're looking for a roomie, private message me, I'm in Kentucky.

23. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I'm just going to set me up my double wide on the steps of the convention center.

24. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    You wish you could afford the double-wide.

25. WhiteWave

WhiteWave Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2004
    We booked into the Empire. Heard they've got a free Happy Hour every night which also helps to save money. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.