main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How early will you start to lineup for Attack of the Clones?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Kessel Runner, Dec 2, 2001.

?

How early will you start to linup for Attack of the Clones?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. 1 day

13.3%
  2. 2 days

5.3%
  3. 3 days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1 week

4.0%
  5. 2 weeks

1.3%
  6. 3 weeks

1.3%
  7. 4 weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 5 weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 6 weeks

2.7%
  10. an hour before the show starts

72.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    For my two cents, I lined up a month before TPM, and will probably do the same again this time. Last time it was the Coronet theater in San Francisco, this time it will be the Chinese theater in Hollywood.

2. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    It's called Attack of the Clones. You really think I'm going to get there a day early to see a movie with that title?

3. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    an hour. if only b/c it's opening on a thursday and I won't be able to leave school that early, so I'll be running down to the threater after school...

4. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I never queue for movies, I always pre-book via the internet. If the first few showings of the movie cannot be booked on the internet, you have to queue yourself, then I will wait. It's only a goddam movie, after all! ;)

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
  6. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Boy, what a bunch of party-poopers. You don't know what you're missing. I camped out for a month before TPM and had such a blast, raised thousands of dollars for charity, and got some really cool stuff from the folks at ILM and LFL.

Heh, that's fine, more booty for me. (BTW, me and my fiance are on the TPM DVD, that was our movie shown in the documentaries)

7. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I'll buy the tickets about a week early, then lineup for an hour or two before it starts. This is what I did for TPM. All the theaters I go to are inside malls, so even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to camp-out.

8. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    I'll do what SotS said. That's what I did with TPM.

9. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    I even got me a wife out there in line! :D :eek:

10. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Kessel, you get me outta school, I'll line up a year before! :) (oh, wait, it's LESS THAN A YEAR for it to come out!!!! //does cartwheels in thread, sprains her back, lies on the floor in pain

11. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    To the person who voted 4 weeks, I am personally going to hunt you down and choke you.

By forcing a life down your throat, that is. :p ;)

12. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I know for a fact I'll be out of town (99% sure I'll be out of state) when AOTC comes out.

Chances are, I'll be lined up for at least a few hours with pre-paid tickets.

13. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    I'll see it on day two, which is a Friday here.

14. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Wow Kessel - the Guru of Star Wars. (bows)
    My parents would probably Force-chock me if I skipped school to do THAT, but I do plan to take AT LEAST 10ppl with me...the first time, :D have already got 5 who've said they would go once. 2 ppl who've said they go twice...am working on the rest. Will prob. pre-book - it'll be less complecated that way.

15. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    AT60, read the whole thread... I'm the one who chose 4 weeks. I did before and I'll do it again. You'll be able to see me live on the web at Liningup.net

16. Whimper

Whimper Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 1999
    For TPM, I camped out for 2 days (1 night) to get tickets. And then arrived about 8 hours early to line up for the show.

There really would be no point to camping out any earlier, seeing as 2 days ahead was enough to make me and my friends 1st in line. It was pretty cool- we were all interviewed on radio and TV. But if we camped out for 4 weeks, we'd be institutionalized!

Anyway- I plan to do exactly the same thing for AotC: 2 days, 1 night, 8 hours. If it's not enough to make me first in line, oh well. What can ya do.

17. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    As much as I've been looking forward to it, I will more than likely wait until a matinee on a weekday. Where I work, I have off every other Friday. I'd love to see it in a full theater, but I also want to enjoy it and hear it.

18. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    8 hours is never gonna give you the full experience Whimper. Plus, you don't get to be involved in a major fundraiser that way either

19. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I didn't wait for tickets at all, and only waited 2 hours in line to get in to TPM, but I got off school to see it. For AOTC I might actualy go for a midnight showing or something. For Kessel Runner, don't you have a job or something?

20. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    I would work during the day, and spend my evenings/nights in line. Then go home to shower before work. It was amazing fun.

How could you say it wasn't wortwhile after knowing I got a piece of the Death Star, and a tour of Skywalker Ranch?

21. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Sad to say, I don't think my Mum will even let me queue up longer than she thinks is necessary to buy tickets - i.e. 1 hour before it starts, unless she's afraid that the cinema will be crowded and happens to pass by on the way such that she can book tickets.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I'll go the first weekend after the release, most likely.

23. Jades Fire

Jades Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1998
    2 or 3 weeks

after the release date

24. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    This is a STAR WARS board. What are all you pansies thinking saying you're gonna go 3 weeks after it opens? BAH! HUMBUG!

:p

25. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    More like 6 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.