main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carb, IL How to become an official FF.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Earwen_Lightrider, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    The following are the requirements of establishing a new Fan Force.

1- You need at least 3 members who do not reside in the same household.

2- You need to have 3 meetings

3- All three meetings need to be advertised on the main page of fanforce in order to count towards you becoming official. You need to give me advance notice of the DATE of your meetings/events, the TIME of your meetings, the LOCATION including DIRECTIONS to the meeting, and a brief synopsis of what you plan to do at the meeting.

Here is the example from what I sent as my first meeting info to my RSA back in 2004.

I'm Natalie. One of the Spokanites working on getting a Spokane FF going. I've never done this kind of thing before and any and all tips will be very welcome. Thanks!

1- You need at least 3 members who do not reside in the same household.

Check.

2- You need to have 3 meetings during which there are 3 members from different households present.

Making progress. First meeting is planned.

3- All three meetings need to be advertised on the main page of fanforce in order to count towards you becomming official. You need to give me advance notice of the DATE of your meetings/events, the TIME of your meetings, the LOCATION including DIRECTIONS to the meeting, and a brief synopsis of what you plan to do at the meeting.

Date: Wednesday the 25th of August

Time: 7pm

6022 N Division St

Directions: Here is a link to the map quest directions (It is too long to direct link, so you need to copy/paste).

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtype=address&cat=&a ddress=6022%20N%20Division%20St&city=Spokane&state=WA&zipcode=99208%2d1028&search=%20%20Search%20%20& ; ;searchtab=address

Synopsis: Since this is our first meeting we plan to make it a meet and greet night. Sharing a bit about us and how we got into Star Wars. Favorite characters and what not. I'm also going to bring a few logo ideas that I have to discuss, get feed back on, and improve. But like I've said, I've never done this before, so I am open to any suggestions you may have.

Once all three meetings have taken place you will be an official Fan Force. The opening of the forum is just to ease in the planning of events and to allow new members a place to mingle.

What to do after you are official:

One of the first things a chapter must due is decide who will represent them.

The official definition of a Chapter Rep is:

CR's have essentially replaced what are known as moderators. A moderator is responsible for maintaining their online forum. However, a CR transcends this role because they are also responsible for representing their chapter and its interests.

A CR must be a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting their entire chapter. A CR is elected by the members of a chapter. However, if a group has not yet become a recognized chapter, they may still elect someone to represent them and their interests until said group becomes official.

Simply put, a Chapter Representative of a chapter is that Chapter's liaison to Fanforce. They act as a liaison between their members and both myself, and the rest of Fanforce administration. If your members have a problem, they will contact you, and you in turn will present the issue to the rest of administration.

CRs are also the "moderator" of their chapter forums. While you cannot directly edit/delete lock threads yourselves, you are required to report to your RSA any foul language you see posted, any baiting/flaming/spamming going on in your forum, or any other type of behavior which is against the TOS.

For safety and legal reasons, a CR must be at least 18 years of age. Generally a CR is elected by a club at their third official meeting. Once elected, you will be given access to Chapter Reps private forum. Here you will be able to discuss with the other chapter reps around the world, various issues affecting your cha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.