main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation How Would You Have Luke Die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by EviL_eLF, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I think you have him confused with his father.

Anyway, he'll need to die in the most epic way possible, he deserves nothing less.

2. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I hate this thread.

All these years i have waited for these films and to see skywalker return and see how bad ass he has become after jedi. Even though i never thought this would happen, but now we get our wildest dreams come true. now we get the sequels we all want to see luke get shafted. Lets see solo get killed or somthing! One of my biggest fears is that some bird brain will listen to what some fans have said and put it in the movie.

I agree with Blazer-smith in that killing skywalker is a Big no no. I really hope he's in all three films and looks the bollocks! You can't kill of such and iconic character so early. Also Jedi's don't marry, so where do lukes children come from.

3. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    I do not believe it is Disney's call. Its Lucasfilm's call.... the company founded by George Lucas who is still co-president with Kathleen Kennedy. The same George Lucas who wrote the story treatments for the movies that are about to be made....

George is brilliant. We are not. That is while he already knows how to handle this situation.. and we'll just have to wait and see.

4. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    In the EU Luke has a more liberal philosophy towards the New Jedi Order. It's possible that might be the case here, too.

5. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Plus, it's possible to have children without marrying.
    Jimstarwarsfan, Luke does have children.

6. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I am not familiar with EU. Does Luke become the strongest of all Jedi?

7. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    A certain wookiee was killed... but i hear he pulled a fast one to get it through the management.

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. He's Grand Master of the Order and leads the reconstituted Jedi Council.

9. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I dont want Luke to Die.. And if he must it has to be in the LAST frame of the LAST film..

But I think it would be cool if the new villian could destory Planets... And in his attempt Luke destroys the Villians, and uses the force to restore the planet.. Then fades like Obi. It has to be something over the top... something 'force unleashed'

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  10. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    I actually kind of like that idea. Eps.I-III are Anakin's story, Eps.IV-VI are Luke's story and Eps.VII-IX are Leia's story.

cthugha likes this.
  11. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    A highly formidable lightsaber opponent. It's nothing like Obi-Wan versus vader in ANH. It has the intensity of Luke versus Vader in ROTJ and ESB. The fight needs to be skill based, like any fight against Dooku or Maul, not spectacle based, like the mustafar duel. It also has to have significant meaning, relating to how the opponent is connected to Luke. I would like to to be an old friend who betrayed Luke.

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    But who would that be? The only character that could work with, and that the audience, other than hardcore fans or EU junkies would recognize would be Han, who is capable backstabbing people who deserve it, but would NEVER do that to Luke.

13. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    If Luke has to die in a new trilogy I think he should go at the end of VII and then he can have a smaller role in VIII and IX as a force ghost (much like Obi-Wan in the OT).
    He should go out with a bang as well, dies saving others. Throughout the OT Luke was always looking out for others. A New Hope Luke is out to save the princess, Empire Strikes Back Luke is tries to save Han & Leia, and in Return of the Jedi Luke saves his father.

14. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    Not sure I'd like to see Luke go in this trilogy, but if he does, it should be either peacefully like Yoda, or heroic. Probably the later since in this trilogy he'd likely not be old enough to qualify for the peaceful Yoda-like passing.

15. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Heroically stopping the new big bad from detaining the new protagonist... probably Ben Skywalker.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Luke becomes more powerful in the light side than Palpatine ever was in the dark side... he becomes as powerful as his father could have been if he remained a Jedi.

17. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I'm not really fond of the idea of Luke dying,but I imagine it's going to happen.
    I guess I'd like it to happen like Yoda (peacefully).
    What I'd hate to see is Luke go down like Qui-Gon and lose a battle to a younger warrior.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  18. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I don't want Luke to go down to an individual, but possibly a few creating overwhelming odds against him.

19. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I really want to see Luke go to town against a powerful group of enemies.Let's see how strong he's grown in the past 30 years.

When we left him,he was but a learner.Now he is the master![face_dancing]

20. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think it's pretty predictable that Luke will "die" 2/3 through Ep.VII, same as Obi-Wan, and continue, as Obi did, as a Force Ghost.

I'm not expecting anything new or daring from these films. I can just see the scriptwriters taking Lucas's notes and saying to each other, "At last! We can do this "right", keeping his best ideas and leaving the weakest out!" Blech.

21. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    He dies. Pretty sure of that. He has a Force ghost, so he must have died.

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Luke will almost definitely die, either in Ep. VII or Ep. IX. If you pay very close attention to the Saga you find that certain actions, images and elements tend to either repeat or mirror each other.

Observe.

Ep .I: The first shot of the movie is of a Republic starship.Padme's handmaidens wear red, the Republic Senate Guards closely resemble the Imperial Guards, except in they wear blue. Red and blue are opposing colours. The Battle of Naboo has three elements, a ground battle, a starfighter battle and a Jedi duel. Naboo is a jungle/forest world. Palpatine is elected. Anakin lives a menial life on Tattooine and longs to escape. Two Jedi duel a Sith Lord. A pod race. An army of "primatives" defeats an army of droids. Anakin destroys the Droid control from the inside. Qui-gon dies duelling a Sith Lord. The Jedi burn Qui-gon’s body. Padme leads a Naboo strike team that infiltrates a Trade Federation installation

Ep. II: Slave I. Obi-wan battles Jango Fett. Kamino is a water world. Jango chases Obi-wan through the rings of Geonosis. First apperenance of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. Anakin duels Dooku. Dooku cuts off Anakin's arm. Dooku tries to turn Obi-wan and fails. Geonosis is a rock planet.

Ep. III: The fall of the Republic. The ARC-170 starfighter a bears a striking resemblance to the Rebel X-wing. The Death Star under construction. A pair of clones flank a pair of Jedi, they drop back and blow them out of the sky. The opening shot of Ep. III is of a Republic Star Destroyer. Palpatine tries to turn Anakin and succeeds. First apperenace of Tarkin

Ep. IV: A Rebel starship is seen near the begining of the movie. Luke lives a menial life on Tattooine and longs to escape. Last appearance of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. The completed Death Star. Obi-wan dies duelling a Sith Lord. The opening shot of Ep. IV is of an Imperial Star Destroyer. Last of appearence of Tarkin. Yavin IV is a jungle/forest world

Ep. V. Slave I. Luke battles Bobba Fett. Hoth is an ice world. Bobba chases the Falcon through the Hoth asteroid belt. Luke duels Vader. Vader cuts off Luke's hand. Vader tries to turn Luke and fails. Bespin is a gas giant.

Ep.VI: Palpatine's guard wear red. The Battle of Endor has three elements, a ground battle, a starfighter battle and a Jedi duel. Endor is a forest world. Palpatine is toppled. Two Sith Lords duel a Jedi. A speeder bike chase. An army of "primatives" defeats an legion of stormtroopers. Lando and Wedge destroy the Death Star from the inside.The fall of the Empire. The Ep. III Jedi starfighters bear a striking resemblence to TIE Incerceptors. A Death Star under construction. A pair of Jedi flank a pair of clones, they drop back and blow the clones away. Palpatine tries to turn Luke and fails. Luke burns Anakin’s body. Leia leads a Rebel strike team that infiltrates an Imperial installation.

I could go on, but I think I've sufficiently demonstrated my point.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  23. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Technically Endor is the gas giant and the moon is referred to as "The Forrest Moon of Endor" or "The Sancuary Moon". Really the moon of Endor doesn't have a true official name.

24. ObiWanandonly

ObiWanandonly Jedi Padawan

Sep 23, 2012
    That's potentially a storyline, Luke disappears and the rest of the jedi order go off looking for him.

25. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I would not have Luke die, I would have the 9 Episode Saga end like this:
    This allows Luke to survive and preserves the character while also opening up the galaxy to new heroes for all future movies.

Neatly solves both "problems."